Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pathos posted:

You'd think I would know the answer to this already but how are moderators selected? I mean I know you just get messaged by a mod/admin offering it, but how does that process get initiated?

I've heard that sometimes they don't even ask a person; they just have mod buttons all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skoll posted:

How come you guys got rid of GBS? I generally stay out of it cept for the Tech Relics thread but I assume there was an overriding reason.

You know how people talk about LF like it was a magical age when everything was awesome? Give it some time, and they'll do the same thing about GBS.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skoll posted:

I didn't even know Gas Chamber had mods.

Wasn't someone made Gas Chamber mod at least once? Fishmech, maybe?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

someone awful. posted:

I thought the "dead gay x" meme was a reference to the movie Heathers

I also thought this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zero Gravitas posted:

What is the thinking behind the "Great Race Space" in D&D? :wtc:

It's probably a better name than "Negrotown".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

Remember when Ozma had the idea to re-style the forums based on an advertising campaign from Walgreens?

Added the Nice! button to yospos so you could instantly summon a series of images of a notorious rapist and gave the entire mod and admin team Nice! brand avatars

Are you sure the Nice button wasn't there before? I could have sworn it pre-dated the Walgreen's thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zen death robot posted:

Barbarian Bob is forever the founder of the Cosby Crew and all it represents however

I want to believe that the Cosby Crew transcends the person it was named for.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I've also heard that super-long threads cause problems because the thread-page drop-down can get long enough that browers start losing their poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sneakyfrog posted:

tomb of horrors?

you guys are sick sick sick

Do Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ciaphas posted:

I am unsurprised but similarly and strangely sad anyway :(

Lowtax just live-tweeted the heck out of some Star Citizen event. Maybe he'll get inspired this weekend.

• Locked thread