Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One Roadknight in Guelph and the world's your oyster.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
London is very bipolar. Very nice parts and then very EOA parts

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Gamer With Dignity posted:

One Roadknight in Guelph and the world's your oyster.
People have replied to your QCS thread you should probably respond in some way just fyi.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hm you know there would have been a time in my life where i for sure would have taken you up on this I had no friends living in guelph and my gf broke up with me and I lived in a sad basement apartment on cambridge st just off gordon. i worked at market fresh whose owner is the biggest oval office on the planet.

now? I live in toronto but id be you'tr friend if you're ever in town!

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was waiting until I actually had something more to say.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the tragically hip show last night was really good and powerful

also the jays won

good poo poo all around

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
My wifes extended family live in Guelph, we went to visit them once, it was OK i suppose.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

zoink2000 posted:

I live in Guelph OP (around with the grain), and if you're down with hanging out with a 34yr old fat man, I'll give it a shot...

...it just wouldn't be a for a couple weeks as I'm pretty swamped with commitments for the rest of the month/early Sept.

i used to live up on that end of town I'm down on Victoria south right near the ward now, that sounds cool man I'm gonna be pretty busy the next little while (and forever) as well but we should make a plan

pr0spector88
Aug 18, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
got like 5 oxycotins ready to be shoved up my right nostril and distributed in a holding cell quick fast :D :D

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pr0spector88 posted:

got like 5 oxycotins ready to be shoved up my right nostril and distributed in a holding cell quick fast :D :D

go away dare

pr0spector88
Aug 18, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Celluloid Sam posted:

go away dare

ru trying to narc me plz dont

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pretty much every part of GTA is terrible, especially 'sauga. Barrie's OK tho.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
All the non-toronto parts of the GTA suck

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

The Walrus posted:

hm you know there would have been a time in my life where i for sure would have taken you up on this I had no friends living in guelph and my gf broke up with me and I lived in a sad basement apartment on cambridge st just off gordon. i worked at market fresh whose owner is the biggest oval office on the planet.

gently caress Market Fresh. I worked there for a couple months. The head cook (I refuse to call her chef) is loving delusional and the owner is insane.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Sorry OP, I'm not a mennonite anymore.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sorry OP I don't live in Canada nor have I ever been there nor do I plan to ever go. However we can still be online buds :coal:

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Can you send me a box of Mahem bars from the stone store please? I will pay you.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's only a 21 hour drive for me sam, I'm on my way.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!
Why would anyone intentionally live in Canada

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

Why would anyone intentionally live in Canada

i donno man. its really cold an bad here in ontario. a polar bear once got into our igloo and ate my kid brother. no one should come here, especially americans. you wouldn't like it

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years
OP please do not read this post

So anyone want to meet up and rape the OP?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

more like dICK posted:

All the non-toronto parts of the GTA suck

the toronto parts suck too though

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my mother just got a new house in Washago (near Orillia). i think Washago may be the Most Canadian town of all. it is in the woods, and it is actually more convenient to canoe downtown than it is to drive:

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Rutibex posted:

i donno man. its really cold an bad here in ontario. a polar bear once got into our igloo and ate my kid brother. no one should come here, especially americans. you wouldn't like it

Canadians are Americans. Canada is literally the 51st state. Canada has no culture besides what they get south of the border. Hockey is from the USA now.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Hockey: One of the greatest things the United States of America has ever exported to Canada

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Citizen Tayne posted:

Canadians are Americans. Canada is literally the 51st state. Canada has no culture besides what they get south of the border. Hockey is from the USA now.

thats not true we have things like maple syrup and also we invented golden doodles

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
first time I was in Guelph I was walking around in some field with my friend (whose grandma we were visiting) and I saw a goose and I was like 'oh cool let's get closer.' it looke dat me right when I said that and my friend almost instantly said 'DO NOT approach the goose.'

idk I feel like the goose's advantage is that humans are reluctant to hurt an otherwise innocent animal but I think if I gave it a right good kick in the head it'd go down

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Moridin920 posted:

first time I was in Guelph I was walking around in some field with my friend (whose grandma we were visiting) and I saw a goose and I was like 'oh cool let's get closer.' it looke dat me right when I said that and my friend almost instantly said 'DO NOT approach the goose.'

yeah the geese are serious dick heads and there are like 8 million of them i think they need to be culled honestly but it's the national bird so good luck

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
I have never gone to Canada. I wouldn't waste my time visiting St. Louis, why would I waste my time visiting Hamilton?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have never gone to Canada. I wouldn't waste my time visiting St. Louis, why would I waste my time visiting Hamilton?

no one should visit Hamilton

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hockey: One of the greatest things the United States of America has ever exported to Canada

The Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Getting in a fight with a goose and being led away in handcuffs is the most Canadian thing to do.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
You seem mad as heck about Canada

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Canada is cool for a visit or two. Toronto is nice, and Montreal is pretty cool too.

BC is pretty beautiful. Taking a cruise up the coast up to Alaska is nice.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

more like dICK posted:

You seem mad as heck about Canada

They need to stop calling their states "provinces," no other state in America does that. Louisiana has some hosed up poo poo going on with "parishes" instead of counties, and we don't need more localities stepping out of line like that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

They need to stop calling their states "provinces," no other state in America does that. Louisiana has some hosed up poo poo going on with "parishes" instead of counties, and we don't need more localities stepping out of line like that.

and yeah honestly I agree

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

check out this hilarious meme

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
I'm really excited for October. The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win their fifth Stanley Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Celluloid Sam posted:

no one should visit Hamilton

I'm pretty sure the Hamilton city motto is "At least we're not Windsor"

• Locked thread