Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hirata Eiko - Yurei

I was normal, once, I lived a normal life, with normal friends, and normal dreams. I wanted to grow up to be a veterinarian, not a hero. My power wasn't even that useful - I could touch the minds of others, and read emotions... which sounds like it'd be great, except that it only worked on things that weren't human. Dogs, cats, ants, bluebirds, I could read all of them, I could find out why they were acting certain ways. I loved it, and it inspired me to be who I was, surrounded by animals, surrounded by happiness, surrounded by everything a person like I could ever want. And now I have none of it, and I cannot ever have it. All due to the Broken Things... and the Exclusion Event.

Eiko, you say, the Exclusion Event was long ago, the initial incursions fought by our fathers, our mothers, not us, how can you blame it for your existence? And that reason is simple - I died in those events, long ago. I remember when the Broken Things came, when the world was in chaos, before the Mega-City. I remember death, destruction, and then nothing, nothing for so long. I was there, first hand, and I watched them killing others, and then turning them into creatures like them, Breaking them, as you might call it. And I tried to understand them, I reached out to touch their minds, hoping it would work, praying I could reason with these creatures, to make them understand us and not hate us.

Unfortunately for myself... I believe I got what I wished for, and touched to their mind successfully. And yet... there is nothing in my mind of what I touched. I do not know what happened to my family, I do not know what happened to my town, I do not know what became of my friends, of those I loved and cared for. I was aware of nothing for a long time, nothing but a quiet feeling of malice, of sickness, eating at my spirit, eating at my mind, and eating at my body. It told me I wasn't human any longer, that I should join it, embrace it, and though I tried to fight it... It wore at me, it changed me - or perhaps there is no me. I finally awoke, as if from a dream, thirty years post the last memory I held, in the middle of... chaos.

It was just like when I fell into my sleep, Broken against Man, but these Heroes stood up successfully to these Broken, they did not back down, they did not falter, they fought and knew what to do. They spotted a civilian in the fray - me - and one of them moved to protect me, grabbing my hand to lead me to safety... and I almost killed her for it. I almost took the life of someone trying to save me, because I had become something different. She collapsed as we ran, and I could see death in her face, the color drained, like a corpse already. I ran away. I ran away, because I was scared, because I thought I had killed someone, and because I knew what I had become. Because I had seen what the Broken were, through her eyes.

I am Hirata Eiko no longer - I am Yurei, a ghost of the past, a monster in human form. I can feel them still, in my mind, in my skin, I can feel the Broken still, when I use these abilities. I'm not human, even as I pretend to be one, I have been changed, been altered, been Broken. They eat away at all that I am, and I can feel myself getting closer, touching to... to something else, something I know I shouldn't touch. But I'll never be a normal person, even if I ran away and ignored it, it'd just hurt more. I tried some stupid things, I tried to... cease existing, but... it doesn't work. I'm tough, very tough - weapons the bounced off my skin, fire was not even felt, poison did not even sicken me... It was maddening. Everything I touched seemed to wither away and die, and yet I could not. Weeks, this went on, until I tried something drastic, climbing to the highest building's roof, in all of the Zones... and jumping.

I never hit the ground, instead as I closed my eyes... I was no longer in the Zone at all. I don't believe I was in the Mega-City. I was... Somewhere Else. I looked into the sky, and I could see what I saw in my dreams, everything and nothing, the Broken, I could hear the voice shouting at me as I ran, panicked through the buildings. There was no one else there, but I felt so right to be there - and so wrong at the same time. I felt so safe there, and so vulnerable, as if something couldn't reach me, but knew I was there, and was watching me more closely for doing so. I blacked out that day.

I woke up back in the Island Tower Zone, as if it was just a dream... and then She found me, Shining Blade, the heroine I had almost killed when I first awoke. I still don't know how she did it - I didn't ever tell anyone my name, I couldn't buy anything, nor did I need it... I spent weeks living completely underground, and yet she found me. And she asked me who I was. I don't know why I did it, but I told her almost everything. About who I used to be, when I was born, where I was born, about what happened to me so long ago, about how I woke up, having felt so changed. About how I had been trying to kill myself since I hurt her, and failing. I even told her about the feelings I felt, and voices I heard as I slept... all I hid was that it still continued, whenever I acted. I don't know if she really believed me, but she smiled, and nodded, and asked me questions, she cared about me, even after I hurt her.

And then she said I should become a Hero. That I should apply to the exam, and attempt to make a life for myself, to turn this curse I've been put with into something useful. Because even though all I can do is hurt things, that doesn't mean I can't save people too, doesn't mean I can't stop the Broken from hurting more people like they did me. And... so I did. I took the examination, with her blessing, and it was... it was difficult, because everyone else seemed so confident, so comfortable with their powers, and I freaked out every time someone wanted so much as to high five me. And I felt so scared of hurting anyone... but I did pass.

quote:

1. What made you decide to become a hero? After that, why did you join the league, rather than staying unregistered?

I had nothing left as an option for me. My touch was poison to any living creature, and even organic matter in general. Whispers in my head told me I would destroy everything around me eventually. I couldn't die, I couldn't live a normal life, and everything I touched hurt... so what else could I do, but become a hero? I am a good person... I don't want to hurt people, I don't want to be a monster, and... maybe I can find a way to fix it? To stop the voices, to stop the thoughts, the feeling.

The League is the best chance of that. I've... hidden a good bit of what I am, what I deal with from them, but one day, one day I hope to meet Panopticon herself, to tell her the whole story, and see if she can help me, if she can fix me. After all, she helped everyone else, she fixed the world to something we can live in. Why couldn't she help one person like me...? Meeting her isn't easy though, she's.. always busy. But until then, the League is nice and all... they provide me clothing entirely made of synthetic polymers, so my clothes don't fall apart anymore. I have a home due to them, too, though I have to be careful to not touch anything organic in it... a few too many pieces of wooden furniture have had me accidentally kick them before I put on socks in the morning, and started to rot away.

quote:

2. What hero sponsored you to join the league's trials, if any? Or, did you take the hard route and stick it out on your own? If you did, what extra challenges did this throw up for you?

Shining Blade is an A-Rank Heroine whose powers are actually not too impressive - she has no great ability to call fire, nor does her name represent her shooting light beams or the like. She simply possesses what has been quantified as the 'largest store of inner energy recorded in human history'. If a normal human's energy is akin to a cup of water, and a hero's akin to a garden pond, Shining Blade's is more like the ocean itself. What this means is that she is capable of harnessing technology nearly indefinitely that even other heroes would find tiring after minutes of use, including the iconic wing styled flotation pack, that allows her to keep the image of the angelic savior. Otherwise she is known for her strong sense of justice, and extreme swordsmanship, one of the few non-super strength possessing heroes to go into melee against the Broken.

3. What's your mundane like life? What do you do in your free time?

Ha....haha. My mundane life consists mostly of me browsing the news via a computer or the like, or reading electronic books or what not. I'm honestly afraid of going outside - I have an outfit for it, well, three or four, that cover every bit of skin, especially when I put on my mask, and I always wear them when I go out, so no one accidentally touches me... but it's still a little intimidating. I know a bit about the world now, from people I've touched, accidentally and on purpose... but it's still a whole different world, or feels like it at least.

I think the worst thing is that I don't even eat food any more. Any time I try to eat I am physically sickened by the thought, to the point of throwing up should I ever put it in my mouth, or be forced to. I cannot even taste it when it's done, my body simply rejects it. Instead I gain my nourishment through touching organic matter... or living things. I shall never again taste delicious noodles, pizza, or... anything.

quote:

4. Of the four general categories of the league's trials, Physical, Mental, Practical Challenges, and Moral, which did you excell in? Which gave you difficulty? And for you, personally, what form did those challenges take? This will be gone into more detail in future questions, so don't feel like you have to be all encompassing here.

The Physical challenge was, perhaps, the easiest of them all for me. I had the simplest of testing criteria - an in depth physical examination of our speed, power, and endurance, against twenty other candidates. Through a circuit we performed a dozen exercises, while also using special grip strength, punch strength, and long jump measuring machines. I was, perhaps, not as enthusiastic as the others, and thus quickly fell behind in matters of speed, and only cared to do the minimum for all exercises. However, as we approached the grip strength machine, I rather... impressed the examiners, by crushing the handle meant to hold up to most medium level super strength's. This was then corroborated later when I caused the destruction of three punch testing machines, before they could receive an accurate read out on the level of force.

The Mental challenge was.... easy, but not as easy as the Physical challenge. We were presented with a problem relating to a disaster level event in case of a worst-case scenario attack by Broken on a Zone, and required to come up with what we would organize ourselves into doing, were we present. As part of this, we were randomly assigned four other partners, to create a team, and told to make a plan together, utilizing us to the best of our abilities. I was paired with Ivy - a plant controlling girl, Drake - a boy who could breathe fire, Max Power, - a girl with super strength that she could super charge for extra impact (at the cost of self injury), and The Officer - a man who self styled as a master of military arts, with the ability to project his voice to glass shattering levels. Utilizing their powers we created a plan that got eight out of ten points from the proctor - who was a little upset that we were willing to allow Max Power to risk her life fighting a powerful Broken hand to hand, despite it being her idea.

The Moral challenge wasn't difficult so much as confusing. Their questions included loaded ones such as 'You are fighting a Broken when you notice a child collapsed under fallen building. You could save the child, but this Broken has already killed dozens, and will likely get away if you don't stop it first. What's more important, stopping it from making future victims, or saving one?" I would obviously choose to defeat the Broken if you specify that dozens more will potentially die if I let it get away. But then when we answered one way, he'd criticize it no matter what way we answered it. The examiner just wanted to see us realize that hard choices had to be made sometimes, and that there probably wouldn't be a right answer always.

Now... the Practical challenge I... technically passed with flying colors, unfortunately. See, it was a mock combat, a villain versus a hero, roles randomly selected. I was selected to be the hero, much to my surprise, and... then the test began. I remember it very vividly, from two points of view. Jackie Rena was chosen as a villain, a girl with peak human capabilities in all ways, mentally, physically, even artistically. A real perfect girl. I saw how she grew up, you know. Because she did something stupid, because we weren't told what each other's powers were. She didn't know what would happen, as she ripped off my mask, and then brought me into her exposed knee. She didn't realize what was happening as my skin touched hers, and she started to wither. She froze up, and held me there, I couldn't get off her, I had to shove her away from me, hard.

She's still alive, but I don't think she'll ever be a hero now. I think I took away her dream, when I was taking away some of her life. I wish I could just apologize to her for it, but how do I say I'm sorry for nearly crippling her?

------

Tohu-Wa, the Shapeless Broken
??? Class Threat

How long have the Broken truly been around, how long have they existed? Many may guess, but none know for certain. None except their own. Bohu-Wa comes from a time before the Broken had opened any portals, before they had left their extra-dimensional space. In no way a leader, this Broken is known as the Shapeless - one who has never been seen entering a realm of structure and rigor, but often seen in the portals that other Broken flood from. He watches, he waits, he teaches, he sings a song of welcoming, and lures in the new. He whispers in my mind, within my dreams, he tells me of a life free of fear, free of risk, one where I can be me, and not worry about lesser things.

Tohu-Wa has never acted aside from to bring others into being Broken, and his capabilities are a mystery. However, I assume he has some form of mental command over other Broken, judging by his own ability to speak to me over any distance, across even the dimensions themselves.

quote:

Hero Name: Yurei
Look: Woman, Asian, Haunted Eyes, Adaptive Clothing, Adaptive Costume

Abilities: Strength/Speed/Toughness, Memory Absorption, Vitality Absorption

Stats
Freak: +1
Danger: +2
Savior: +1
Superior: -1
Mundane: +0

Moves

Doom
You're doomed. Your powers may be killing you, or you may represent some horrible fate waiting to spill out and break upon the earth. But one way or another, you're doomed. What brings your doom closer?

Hurting innocents, frightening loved ones

Whenever you bring your doom closer, mark one box on your doom track.
Doom Track: □ □ □ □ □
When your doom track fills, clear it and take one of your doomsigns

Nemesis

You have a nemesis, an epic and powerful enemy representing and embodying your doom. It's going to take everything you have to take them down in the time you have left.

Your nemesis is Tohu-Wa, the Shapeless Broken

At the end of every session, answer the question: Did you make progress on defeating your nemesis? If the answer is yes, mark potential. If the answer is no, mark your doom track.

Sanctuary

You have a place where you can rest, recover, and reflect upon your powers. Choose and underline 3 features of your sanctuary:
a teleportal, healing equipment, a scattering of extra-dimensional relics

Choose and underline 2 downsides of your sanctuary:
Draws dangerous attention, tied intricately to your doom.

When you call upon the deeper nature of your powers in your sanctuary, you can solve impossible
problems. Say what you want to do. The GM will give you one to four conditions you must fulfill
to complete your solution:
- First, you must _____
- You'll need help from _____
- You and your team will risk danger from _____
- The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
- You'll need to mark one box on your doom track
- You'll have to obtain _______

Doomsigns
These are abilities that come to you with your approaching doom. Once you have taken all five doomsigns above the line, you must take “Your doom arrives” the next time your doom track fills. Choose one doomsign you already hold at character creation.

- Dark Visions: Mark your Doom Track to have a vision about the situation at hand. Ask the
GM a question; they will answer it honestly.
- Infinite Powers: Mark your Doom Track to use an ability from any playbook, one time.
- Portal: Mark your Doom Track to appear in a scene with anyone you want.
- Burning Bright: Mark your Doom Track to ignore one of the GM's stated requirements when
you call upon the deeper nature of your powers in your sanctuary.
- Bolstered: Mark your Doom Track to use an Adult Move one time.

- Your doom arrives; confront it and perish

Moment of Truth
The only thing stopping you from unleashing the full extent of your power is your fear of your
own doom, always looming over your shoulder. But right here? Right now? You don't care. You'll
let it loose and do impossible things. Do anything. But mark a Doomsign after you're finished.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, give them Influence over you and
spend 1 Team from the pool to clear one box on your Doom track.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you and
ask if they honestly think there's hope for you. If they say yes, mark potential or clear one box of
your Doom track. If they say no, mark a condition or mark your Doom track.

quote:

6. (Optional) What's your character's theme song?

The sound's getting louder and louder and louder and louder and louder

quote:

7. (Optional) What does your character do in the anime opening?

The camera pans up to a skyscraper - Yurei (with normal eyes and skin color) stands on the edge, looking down. She looks up as her mask falls off, and then lets herself fall off the edge. The scene turns into a tunnel, Tohu-Wa appears in the background as she falls into the tunnel, her face turning porcelain white and eyes blood red as a tendril touches her.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Background Questions

quote:

You told _______________ all about your doom and the danger you’re in.

Ankensatsu is so... dark, mysterious, his past is full of things I don't know, and he probably wouldn't talk about. And it's very easy to talk about ones own darkness to someone like that. I... I haven't really looked him in the eyes since then, and I just hope he doesn't tell anyone.

quote:

You’d love to kiss ________________ before your doom comes.

Noriko. Too bad I want to not kill her too.

quote:

Why do the team trust you enough to let you in?

I first acted as a solo hero for a brief time, to establish my appearance and the fact that I was in fact a hero. These were minor things, simple criminals, only one of which had powers, but enough to get me into the League system once or twice, such that they might run across me while checking on other things. This was in part to establish capability to them as well - though I ensured I pulled punches quite heavily on each and every one of the criminals I stopped. Then I made my plan for how and when I would go to meet them, sending a message through League systems announcing the day and time three days ahead of time, to ensure their readiness.

I approached their base in midday when I knew there would be no disasters requiring their attention. I wore my best fully covering outfit, and a mask with holes to allow vision of my eyes, so they would not be turned off by my hiding them - after all, hiding your eyes is the sign of a deceiver in many cases. When I was answered and greeted at the door, my response was to bow my head deeply, and request a formal meeting with the team. I made certain my D-66 were displayed during this time - of course - and explained I wished to join the team. I told them a bit about me, though not the specifics that I told Shining Blade in full - she holds some of it secret, even from the League, after all. I was, thus, given a probationary membership. I hope to earn their trust in the act of saving others, before I tell them the full tale, and shall simply pray that they do not take this as a betrayal.

quote:

Why this team, over any other?

I mean, look at them. An alien delegate, a reforming criminal, and a non-human created being? Where else would I fit in, in this world? I only seem like a freak in comparison to them, not a monster to be put down - or at least I so hope it will turn to be, should I inform them the full... extent of what I am. Regardless, it seems simple enough that if any team should accept the odd and different, it is them.

quote:

Give influence to two team members.
Giving Influence to Noriko and Ankensatsu, because they're the most 'normal human' of everyone on the team, and thus she views them differently than herself, Beta, or Nameless.

quote:

What Does The Team Know?

Her powers cause her to be super tough, super strong, and super fast. When she touches anything organic, she drains its energy, killing it or turning it to dust.
She cannot turn her powers off.
The league provides full body synthetic outfits, including gloves and a mask, that she wears at almost all times.
She 'lost her family' to the Broken.

quote:

What Does the League Know?

She's 50 years old, and spent 35+ years unconscious and unaging.
Her powers have completely changed since her re-awakening.
She survives purely off draining organic energy, and cannot eat.

quote:

What does Shining Blade Know?

The entire time she was unconscious she heard the voice of Tohu Wa.
When she touches living beings, she gains their memories, the longer the contact the more memories she takes.

quote:

What does Ankensatsu know?

She still hears Tohu Wa's voice sometimes, when pushing her powers.
She has changed quite radically in appearance since before touching the Broken, skin turning porcelain white, eyes turning blood red, and nails naturally growing pointed into claws.

quote:

What does no one know?

What her family was like, what her old powers were in specific, what she used to dream of being, anything about her old life besides the day of the Exclusion Event.

quote:

KittyEmpress I'm not sure if I made it obvious btw, but Yurei is like, very small. Much shorter than average. A super strong-fast extradimensional memory vampire.

23:59 KittyEmpress She will punch you through a wall while not being five feet. Especially if you mention that she's not even five feet.

KittyEmpress [[I do this because I like to make all my threatening/intimidating characters teeny, and all my kind and cuddly and protective ones tall/muscular]]

00:00 KittyEmpress [[because I am trash]]

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 30, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

quote:

What's a really cool place you've seen, on your travels?

Well, when I felt like I was without hope, I traveled a lot. And my little... sanctum outside reality is helpful for that, because I can basically get anywhere from it - every door opens to a new place, and some of them, I don't even think are Zones. One of my favorites is what I've decided to call the Enchanted Forest. I think, but I'm not certain, that it's actually part of a world that was destroyed by the Broken, but some of it somehow survived. There's little creatures there, pitch black and scarcely as tall as my ankle, whose eyes are like glass, reflecting all they see - they do not talk, and I cannot ever catch them, so I do not know their truth... but they have never hurt me. The glass eyed men appear to be the only non-flora life within the forest, though my explorations have been rather limited, since I do not wish to risk damaging what little life is left in this place.

quote:

Who's a special non-hero/villain that's nonetheless still important, even if just to you?

Lucy Haru is a fashion designer slash tailor slash mask maker slash basically everything, and she's the best? See, all the materials of my clothes are provided by the League, but getting something made was like, kind of up to me, and I just happened to find her - she's still in school technically, but her stuff is like, top notch, so when I approached her and was like 'I need clothes. Lots of them', she jumped at the chance to dress a hero up, and to work with expensive materials. She's never really been afraid afraid of me - like, she wont touch me, but that's just good sense. She's even super cheap with what she charges me, since I'm so low ranked right now. She says I can pay it back by getting famous and putting her on the market as the tailor for a big shot hero. It's pretty funny.

quote:

How does your vitality absorption work?

Uhm, basically, when I touch anything with my skin that is alive, or was alive, or whatever, I think I just start... draining its energies. In things that are already dead this is very quick, and if I accidentally like, brush my hand on a tree, I can cause it to look like someone took an axe to it for thirty minutes. On living beings, it depends a little more - basically, part of what my power does is drain inner energies first, then vital energies, and well, by the time it gets to that things will probably be dead, but I kinda don't wanna test it? I don't really know the specifics, but I basically steal other people's life force and get stronger due to it - it's like, super nourishment... I guess kinda like a touch-vampire? I know that the more vital an area I touch, the more quickly I drain people, and the same for the more skin on skin contact I had. So if I like, grab someone over their heart they'd probably die really fast, compared to if I touched my finger tip to their toe.

quote:

You were able to totally depower a hero, you said?

Oh, no, I don't really 'depower' people... I mean, I do, sort of, but it's just because when you're nearly dead and out of inner energy, it can be hard to use for awhile... If you mean Jackie Rena, I didn't so much depower her as I caused her something akin to PTSD. See, I was kinda vague about it, but she was strong - peak human strength is pretty strong, especially when it's seizing up on you and is unable to let go. So I had to hit her, and was panicking, and I think I used a bit too much strength, and she basically... well, she hit the wall, and I'm lucky she was both as durable as she was, and the League had medics on hand, because I think more of her bones were broken than weren't. I hear she doesn't even leave her room now, because she's so scared of everything - her whole sense of superiority was shattered in a moment, and now she realizes that she's weak and vulnerable and almost died.

quote:

Do you have any friends who stick with you, see past what you've become?

I mean, Shining Blade is my friend, or at least I count her as one. She knows so much about me, and she always just wants to encourage me, to make me feel better, to get me out there to save lives. Whenever I tell her I'm a monster, she even pulls off my mask and flicks me in the forehead, even though it hurts her to do so, because it annoys her so much! So I mean, she's a friend who is sticking by me, but she also didn't know me before I was a monster. I don't think anyone really did... I think my whole town was... you know. Gone. So I don't think anyone who could know me and how I've changed is still around.

quote:

Do you really think that there's hope for you?

Do I hope that there is hope for me? Yes - I want to be able to have Panopticonjust tell me this isn't as serious as I made it out to be, to just wave her hand and remake me as normal. Do I actually believe that there is hope for me? No. I think that I am doomed, to turn into a monster that my team will have to destroy one day. I think that the only hope I actually have is that I leave a legacy of goodness behind me, from saving lives and being a good hero, one powerful enough that once I become a monster, I am still remembered as a hero, not a dangerous Broken. That is my hope, that is why I fight - because what other hope do I really have? Encourage heroes to tackle an incredibly powerful and reclusive Broken, on its home turf? That will clearly never happen...

quote:

What organization, hero, or famous figure just has it out for you?

Silver Phantom, aka Nikolai Rena an A-Rank hero is the uncle of Jackie Rena, and was one of the witnesses to the practical exam on the day that happened, there to cheer on his niece. I crippled her, I turned her into a nervous wreck, and he will never forgive me for it, he will never forgive me for what I've done, and he has made it known. He advocated for me to fail the practical on grounds of excessive force. He advocated for me to be assigned to excessively dangerous zones. He wants me dead, buried, gone, punished for what I did to his youngest brother's daughter. I am lucky that Shining Blade is advocating just as much for keeping me, or I would assuredly be out of the League, and left on my own.

quote:

How do you feel about your height?

Wow. Just wow. Like, I am a literal monster, and yet you wanna know about my height? I wear a legitimate demonic mask, and cover myself in black robes, but people wanna point out my height? You know what I feel about my height? I hate that everyone focuses on it, like first thing, whenever someone sees me. IT's always been that way! I've always been short! I was the only girl who wasn't taller than the boys when I started puberty, and I barely grew at all. I've always been the shortest person around, because my dad was 5'2" and my mom 4'11", and yeah, that means I am pretty short, even a little bit shorter than my mom, but it's just like... why does everyone focus on that. I think the only good part of all these changes the Broken made in making me a monster is that I can now lift elephants over my head, and most people stop caring about height when you do that.

quote:

Why do you still keep fighting, despite everything, despite anything?

Because I want to protect people from horrible fates. My existence is cursed, is terrible, but I can do something with it now. I can make other people lead happy, healthy lives, I can leave the world behind, better than it was when I came. I keep fighting because if I don't fight, I have no reason to exist, except to wait for my doom to come. I keep fighting because my mother taught me that a good person is one who takes care of others, and that it doesn't matter what you look like, what you have or don't have, that anyone, from any situation... can be a good person. I miss her so much, but she was right - I have to be a good person, because she was a good person, and she expected me to be a good person, and I would never want to bring shame to her.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

quote:

What's the most important part of being a hero?

Beating the bad guys and saving people is the most important part of being a hero. In that order. If you beat the bad guy, you save not only the current lives, but the ones they might hurt in the future. And yeah, that means that maybe some people you could have kept from getting hurt will maybe get hurt, but that's why we're put into teams. I know well enough that going solo doesn't work out perfect - I mean, the League frowns on it for a reason that... well, I'll get into it later, but lets just say I do understand why having many heroes who believe many different parts are the 'most' important is... well, a good thing.

quote:

What's your favorite anime? (Could be a real IRL anime or a fake one- preferably the latter, though.)

I mean, I don't really watch TV often... if I'm not actively involved in heroics, I like to hang out at my Sanctuary and study a bit, since it's got so many interesting books... I mean... I guess my favorite anime would be that one about being trapped in a video game, you know the one that everyone was obsessed with for awhile? I don't know why I can't think of its name, but it was pretty great - lots of neat characters, and cool powers and stuff, and in the end tons of relationship drama to tie everything up in a neat bow. I know the name started with an H...

quote:

Optional: How do you feel about cute girls and cute boys?

I feel like if I tried to touch one, they'd die.

quote:

What's your relationship with the Outside like, now that you're, uh, part Broken?

I don't know what my 'relationship' with it is, but if you mean 'can you go into it without being invariably destroyed and twisted', then yeah, kinda that's what it's like. I have touched it once or twice, on accident mostly... and most people it's... well, not painful, but weird - but to me, it just feels... almost empowering, like I'd just gotten done draining something dry. I feel stronger, tougher, faster, even smarter when I'm touching the Outside. But I also hear the voice of Tohu-Wa more clearly than ever, surrounding me, from every direction, unable to be stopped, unable to be silence. I'll be honest - maybe the Broken would ignore me, if I didn't attack them, but I haven't found out yet... every time I've seen one, no matter where I was or who was there, I jumped into punching them. So it doesn't matter if they do like me - I hate them, more than I hate anything else.

quote:

Have you noticed anything with what the mainstream thought of what the broken... /are/ is just, uh, wrong?

Uh, yeah. A few things, but I mean, I don't know if they'e wrong wrong, since I haven't like sat down and studied the Broken but... okay, first of all I know some of their history, or at least, I know Tohu-Wa's, because he whispered it to me as I slept for those thirty five years. The Broken are not a new phenomenon, they have not just suddenly broken into the worlds all at once. Tohu-Wa has been aware of existence since the first time life was born in our realm of existence. It, and many of its kind, have been watching, existing in an endless nothing for an eternity to them, where time did not obey the laws it would here, where physics were an illusion. They're old, and they've been making breaches for eternities, just none as... large as this.

See, this brings me to another problem with the mainstream thoughts, this one on the Outside - like, everyone knows it's crazy, and weird, and doesn't work like the 'real' world does... but it's so much different from what it used to be. See, to touch 'stagnant' matter like us, they have to change to a form that fits into our world. In the Outside, they can keep forms that aren't even what we would call forms - colors, sounds, thoughts, they didn't need to be physical to exist. It has changed due to touching us, just like we change if we touch it.

quote:

What has Tohu-Wa whispered to you, in the night?

It'd be easier to ask what ithasn't. Whispers of a better existence, free of want, whispers of hate and despising of form, whispers of true freedom from worldly attachment, whispers of where I would belong, whispers of where my family died, whispers of my failures to save them, whispers of how I have already lost, whispers of how I will act as the first of the new age, whispers of how I'll be the harbinger of my world's doom. Its voice rings in my head every night, and I see myself before it in my every dream. It shows me all it can offer, all it has taken, all I will take, it turns these images into things so real, that sometimes... sometimes I fear they are real, and that the time when I am awake is the dream.

quote:

Who's /more/ interested in you now that you're... like this?

Everyone? I mean, I was a normal person before, my family cared about me and I had some friends, but I wasn't a super popular person, I wasn't the kind of person everyone loved and wanted to hear about. But if you mean who is most interested in me due to what I am? That would probably be The Moon Blade, an unregistered... 'hero' who is known for her uh, extreme ultra violence. No one knows for sure what her powers are, but she only ever appears at night, and leaves villains crippled in her wake. I've met her, twice, and she took... particular interest in my powers, and especially in... well, the story is to come, but in a particular action I took to save some people. She thinks that my powers are interesting, and has told me that I should 'quit the league, and come be hers'.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or creeped out by how she feels about me.

quote:

What villain did you do something terrible to?

The villain Biohazard is uh... odd. His powers basically allow him to grow these organisms that he uses as armor, fusing them to his body as a form of super powerful ultra-tough armor that makes him super strong, super fast, and so on. He's pretty scary actually, and generally goes up against B-rank heroes one on one, and wins sometimes. I'm kind of a... hard counter to him though, I guess. See, I caught him stealing from a League facility while on my way to pick up more materials for more clothes, and... well, decided to stop him. It turns out when you drain the life of anything you touch, and someone willingly fuses themselves into a living organism... touching them has some bad effects. The armor was connected right to his nervous system, and when I suddenly grabbed it with my hands and started killing it, he felt the death himself, and uh.

Well, it was a longer battle than you'd expect - it's not like I kill things instantly, but by the time Moon Blade showed up, he was already on the ground, curled up in his dead 'pet', sobbing for his mommy. When the police showed up to arrest him, they had to lift him off the ground, because he physically couldn't move - the armor had entered rigor mortis, and trapped him inside it. The League had to have their experts cut him out, where they found him still to be sobbing. He's locked up in a mental health facility meant to keep him safe from himself now, because he chants about how he's dead, how he already died, how I killed him. Moon Blade thinks it's hilarious and what he deserves. I feel... conflicted.

quote:

What's your family like?

Dead.

My mom was in her early teens when she had me, but she kept me anyways. My dad was her older brother's best friend, so.. I mean, that says a lot about that, but while he apparently ran off for the first few years of my life, he showed up again around when I was five, and married my mom. He'd gone to college, gotten a degree in accounting, and then came back for her. She loved him, even if those years without him were such a struggle. But he made our lives better, and I grew up with a mother and father. When I was eight, my mom got pregnant again, and I had two little sisters come nine months later. They were beautiful and I loved them so much - I often took care of them to help my mother while she cooked, or cleaned, or worked, and I told them bed time stories, and was the model older sister.

Now I'm not.

• Locked thread