Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Personally, I love that Wabbajack exists. it solves all my problems with modding. Instead of spending hours/days pulling all the mods from some list, or assembling my own, I can get the full list installed and tested in minutes. It's great. And if there's a mod I don't like, I can just disable it.

I've tried packs for Skyrim VR, Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE. My favorite so far, is FO4 Banana Split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Which is the best mod platform these days, vanilla Skyrim or Skyrim Special Edition?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

GreatGreen posted:

Which is the best mod platform these days, vanilla Skyrim or Skyrim Special Edition?

i'm pretty sure SE fixed a bunch of poo poo from oldrim, but not all old mods have been ported to SE. that said, it's pretty easy to port mods yourself if you download a few tools so i'd go with SE if i were you

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Thanks for pointing out Wabbajack. I had no idea it even existed. I'm wondering if they have a modlist for plain-old STEP just to save me the time of setting up that baseline every time...

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

GreatGreen posted:

Special Edition.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
^^Thanks!

It looks like there are only like... 7 Wabbajack mod lists for Skyrim Special Edition.

Which one are you guys going with?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 22, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GreatGreen posted:

It looks like there are only like... 7 Wabbajack mod lists for Skyrim Special Edition.

Which one are you guys going with?

Someone said nice things about the Eldersouls one in the thread. I'm stuck using Oldrim because my computer is poo poo and the only one is that "Ultimate skyrim" list, which I do not recommend.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Thanks!

And finally, should SKSE be installed on its own, straight to Skyrim's directory? Or is there a way to integrate it with Mod Manager 2 that would be better?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks!

And finally, should SKSE be installed on its own, straight to Skyrim's directory? Or is there a way to integrate it with Mod Manager 2 that would be better?

You install it straight into the skyrim directory and then when you run mod manager there's a pull down menu right next to the run button that should also be directed to SKSE and not just Skyrim or whatever.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Skwirl posted:

You install it straight into the skyrim directory and then when you run mod manager there's a pull down menu right next to the run button that should also be directed to SKSE and not just Skyrim or whatever.

Awesome, thanks.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
There are also "unofficial" lists on the Discord, but those can be a little more unstable and the only documentation is usually a README.txt on GitHub.

Also note that if you have the drive space you can install multiple mod lists, since each one uses its own separate instance of MO2 inside the list's install folder. Just don't put anything in the game's base directory and you can have like five versions of Skyrim, sure, gently caress it, why not.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Wabbajack mod lists are great, either as a complete game on their own or as a starting point for further customization. It’s a wonderful advance in automation, even if it’s imperfect. It pushes the boundary in favour of user friendly, stable products. Most impressively, it managed to get buy in from a social cesspit hostile to improving anything if it isn’t perfect, which we can also see on fine display here.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 23, 2020

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
Okay not remotely a modding question, but does anyone know where I can find a potion to increase my magicka by +40 so I can gain admittance to the mages college so I can finish this loving quest for Galduar's amulet? Keep trying Arcadia to no luck.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

rest his guts posted:

Okay not remotely a modding question, but does anyone know where I can find a potion to increase my magicka by +40 so I can gain admittance to the mages college so I can finish this loving quest for Galduar's amulet? Keep trying Arcadia to no luck.

Find the Apprentice stone?

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Skwirl posted:

Find the Apprentice stone?

Thank you. Believe the Atronach stone will do!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Are you playing an alternate start mod? Because I'm pretty sure there's an option to gain access to the College by saying "'Cause I'm the Dragonborn" and then demonstrating a Shout.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Commander Keene posted:

Are you playing an alternate start mod? Because I'm pretty sure there's an option to gain access to the College by saying "'Cause I'm the Dragonborn" and then demonstrating a Shout.

That's only available when you hit a point in the MQ.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Specifically, you can only do it when the main quest tells you to go to the College (to get info on Septimus Signus, if I recall).

Because it would break immersion to be able to tell people that you're the Dragonborn whenever you wanted, I guess.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to poo poo up the wall

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So I just installed Legacy of the Dragonborn and oh my god for a completionist like me it's going to turn this game into crack.

Everything you can do is tracked with organized lists. The lizard part of my brain is gonna be so pumped watching those boxes get checked oh man.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So I just heard about a mod called SkyComplete that tracks all the quests in the game. Seems like it would go perfectly with Legacy of the Dragonborn. However the mod author threw a big hissyfit and took it offline.

Does anybody have this mod or know where I can get it? There are instructions online for converting it to Skyrim SE compatibility but the original files aren't there.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

R/modpiracy is usually where I go for hissy fit mods

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Mod piracy has been banned for a while now

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

GreatGreen posted:

So I just heard about a mod called SkyComplete that tracks all the quests in the game. Seems like it would go perfectly with Legacy of the Dragonborn. However the mod author threw a big hissyfit and took it offline.

Does anybody have this mod or know where I can get it? There are instructions online for converting it to Skyrim SE compatibility but the original files aren't there.

This Steam Community thread has a link to a Google Drive folder with it.

Found by just searching online for 'SkyComplete' and clicking links.

Sadly, the thread on LoversLab was just someone talking about the mod and then linking to the Nexus.

I really wanted to send you to LoversLab for the mod.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
nevermind.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 25, 2020

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Gyshall posted:

Mod piracy has been banned for a while now

Considering it was also posting Creation Club mods (usually pinning them to the top) this isn't terribly surprising

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/drownedmods/ is the new sub for that

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

First post

"Does anyone have nude Amazon Jill"

Always on the money, internet

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leal posted:

First post

"Does anyone have nude Amazon Jill"

Always on the money, internet

At first I thought (or at least hoped) they were looking for a nude mod for Jill of the Jungle

(that's just a link to an old platformer that's free on GOG, not a nude mod for it)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Me too.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Does anybody have a lot of experience with Legacy of the Dragonborn?

I'm playing with it enabled right now but *exactly* how the mechanics of the museum work are a bit unclear. How, specifically, do I deposit stuff into it? Do I always have to go Auryen's office/prep area and deposit things into the work bench or find the specific place where it's displayed and activate that slot?

Also, books seem to work separately. Where do I deposit books from my inventory, and how does the Book Return storage unit work?

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
You can do either, really. Use the workbench to have your while inventory checked and displayed all at once, or if you know exactly which room has the correct shelf to display Molag Bal's Orthopedic Shoes you can activate it to place.

Certain books are displayed from the workbench as well. But there's a ton of others that don't have their own spot in the library. Dump em all in the book return, and nearby there's like a "sort books" trigger that will place them in the nearby book cases by number/alphabet.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

That Ignorant Sap posted:

You can do either, really. Use the workbench to have your while inventory checked and displayed all at once, or if you know exactly which room has the correct shelf to display Molag Bal's Orthopedic Shoes you can activate it to place.

Certain books are displayed from the workbench as well. But there's a ton of others that don't have their own spot in the library. Dump em all in the book return, and nearby there's like a "sort books" trigger that will place them in the nearby book cases by number/alphabet.

Thanks!

I dumped a bunch of books in the book return in the library, then activated both card catalog shelves, but the books were still there in the book return chest. Does some specific amount of time have to go by or was I doing something wrong?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I have a lot of experience with Legacy but I forget the names it gives to some things. There are two overlapping book systems, I think:

Books that are out on display are display items, same as daedric artifacts, and need to be handled similarly. Either find their specific display spot and put them there, or use the display prep chest near Auryen's office.

Books that don't have display spots have a cool system. You drop them all into the Book Return (I think?) and then sort them. This sends them to bookshelf containers, sorted by title. Those containers are, like, Books A-G, Books H-M, etc. Then, there's another 'sort'-like operation (cataloguing?), which (iirc) takes a long time to actually execute, but once that's done you get the second feature of the library: When you sit down in the library, all the books in the library are added to your inventory for easy reading. When you get up, they're removed. That way, you don't have to wander the halls hunting for a book once it's sorted and catalogued.

That second system will take multiple copies of each book, and will take books from mods Legacy doesn't know about, so if it's working properly the book return should (I think?) empty out. Note that 'sorting', in the second system, is done by activating the bookshelves next to the book return in the library, not by using the normal museum's display sort.

I believe there's an ingame explanation of this somewhere that I had to read a couple times before it clicked. Maybe on the table at the lowest level of the library?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Thanks, that explanation was really helpful. Seems like an awesome mod so far.

All I have to figure out now is where all the sorters are. Like in your safehouse you have displays for armor and weapons: Light Armor, Heavy Armor, One Handed Swords, etc. But presumably there's some item you activate that takes them from your inventory and sorts them into their respective containers, right? Seems like there's a bunch of those all over the place. I just need to find them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Games > Skyrim Modding: with Schlongs of Skyrim, I have a hole where my dick should be

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks, that explanation was really helpful. Seems like an awesome mod so far.

All I have to figure out now is where all the sorters are. Like in your safehouse you have displays for armor and weapons: Light Armor, Heavy Armor, One Handed Swords, etc. But presumably there's some item you activate that takes them from your inventory and sorts them into their respective containers, right? Seems like there's a bunch of those all over the place. I just need to find them.

There is a sorting chest in the crafting room. Just dump your stuff in there and it auto sorts.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Barnum Brown Shoes posted:

There is a sorting chest in the crafting room. Just dump your stuff in there and it auto sorts.

So basically, go to the office and hit the bench to put all your display case items, then the sorting chest for literally everything else and you're done.

Cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It has 44 comments, anyone get it working for him? I'm asking for a friend.