Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
What do I do with this esp file, put it in my mod folder? Will it show up in MO2?

EVT ESP for SSE https://mega.nz/#!7HZglaia!Lxd5rQAc...SyrqzSmn_g0WplE - Megadrive link. I downloaded it and it wasn't a virus as of 6/17/20

EDIT: \/\/\/ty, I had to make a folder for it and it showed up

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Soonmot posted:

What do I do with this esp file, put it in my mod folder? Will it show up in MO2?

EVT ESP for SSE https://mega.nz/#!7HZglaia!Lxd5rQAc...SyrqzSmn_g0WplE - Megadrive link. I downloaded it and it wasn't a virus as of 6/17/20

You should be able to just physically drag the file into MO2 (I drag into the "downloads" panel) and it should recognize it like it were a file downloaded from Nexus.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

has anyone had any success in getting Frostfall working? i have SKSE64, PapyrusUtil SE, and Campfire installed, but no matter what i do i have 0 warmth and 0 coverage. this is especially bad because i started as an argonian in windhelm and couldn't be outdoors for more than 30 seconds without freezing to death. are there some patches or masters i'm missing that it doesn't tell me about?

or if there's just a better mod out there that lets me have the same "gotta wear warm clothes in freezing cold places" deal as Frostfall without the headache...

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Does Vokriinator Plus have the "running around increases your armor skill" feature SPERG has?

yep. it even keeps all of the perks if you want to add the hidden ones via console

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

surfacelevelstudd posted:

has anyone had any success in getting Frostfall working? i have SKSE64, PapyrusUtil SE, and Campfire installed, but no matter what i do i have 0 warmth and 0 coverage. this is especially bad because i started as an argonian in windhelm and couldn't be outdoors for more than 30 seconds without freezing to death. are there some patches or masters i'm missing that it doesn't tell me about?

or if there's just a better mod out there that lets me have the same "gotta wear warm clothes in freezing cold places" deal as Frostfall without the headache...

so I solved my problem! turns out, you need an update patch (since the project is abandoned) to get it working properly. you need to have the latest Campfire, the latest Frostfall, then you grab Campfire and Frostfall - Unofficial SSE Update. unpack the BSAs into the directory for each mod (so the unofficial update can overwrite necessary files), and then go into Campfire and delete the PapyrusUtil.dll file so its not overwriting Papyrus with a broken old version. after that, it's finally working! note that it absolutely must be installed in the order of Campfire > Frostfall > Unofficial SSE Update > Papyrus or it won't work at all.

i know a lot of folks aren't too keen on adding extra crap, but i personally think Frostfall is one of the few cases of "actually adds something semi-interesting without adding 50 menus". if it's actually working properly, you just need to make sure you're wearing the right clothes and that you keep some firewood on you to press the "Make Campfire" button when you get cold (highly recommended to use Quick setup for Campfire because gently caress that noise otherwise).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
This is another instance of preaching to the exact wrong choir in this thread coming up here: I get what the other guy was saying on the last page. It might occasionally be interesting to play Semi-Realistic Skyrim, by:

* Having to carry both adequate armor for fighting and adequate protection from the elements for traveling, and switch between them judiciously;
* Actually having a super low carry weight limit, forcing you to
* Consider how much food/medical supplies you can carry and still have weapons/armor, and plan your journey judiciously lest you run out of food and/or blood and die before you can get back to civilization;
* Needing to eat and sleep at regular intervals to stay alive.

I just don't get why you need a bunch of clunky, intrusive mods to make this happen. A console command for the carry weight limit and slower health regen, and you can self-impose the rest. (I use a follower in place of a pack horse, and leave them outside when I go into dungeons as you would a pack horse.) Of course I always start out the Realistic Needs Challenge gameplay style super pumped about it, and then get tired of it and abandon it after about 3 hours.

But obviously a lot of people really like Frostfall/Realistic Needs/etc. so who am I to judge.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
haha well I'm pretty sure i hosed up way back in setting up MO2 because I finally saw that I needed to double click the overwrite entry in MO2 to see the overwrite thing and it looks like all my mod folders are there instead of the folder I set up for the mods and the overwrite stuff.

EDIT: Maybe not, had overwrite set to the same folder as the mod folder, hopefully I fixed it.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 6, 2020

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

This is another instance of preaching to the exact wrong choir in this thread coming up here: I get what the other guy was saying on the last page. It might occasionally be interesting to play Semi-Realistic Skyrim, by:

* Having to carry both adequate armor for fighting and adequate protection from the elements for traveling, and switch between them judiciously;
* Actually having a super low carry weight limit, forcing you to
* Consider how much food/medical supplies you can carry and still have weapons/armor, and plan your journey judiciously lest you run out of food and/or blood and die before you can get back to civilization;
* Needing to eat and sleep at regular intervals to stay alive.

I just don't get why you need a bunch of clunky, intrusive mods to make this happen. A console command for the carry weight limit and slower health regen, and you can self-impose the rest. (I use a follower in place of a pack horse, and leave them outside when I go into dungeons as you would a pack horse.) Of course I always start out the Realistic Needs Challenge gameplay style super pumped about it, and then get tired of it and abandon it after about 3 hours.

But obviously a lot of people really like Frostfall/Realistic Needs/etc. so who am I to judge.

totally understandable! i found that i mostly just grab whatever armour gives the most warmth with reasonable protection, throw on some fur over top it (i use a few other mods that add things like fur neck liners, cloaks, etc.), and now that i got Frostfall working that should be enough to keep me protected from the elements and from being bisected by a bandit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Got through everything, thanks again for that guide. Something is already wrong because I woke up in the cart instead of the alternate start cell. Going to see if I have the expanded character creation menus and stuff.

Edit: So I got this going on with a bunch of nords, where the face skin tone is off.

Hitting esc also crashed the game, so lol

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 6, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Soonmot posted:

Got through everything, thanks again for that guide. Something is already wrong because I woke up in the cart instead of the alternate start cell. Going to see if I have the expanded character creation menus and stuff.

Edit: So I got this going on with a bunch of nords, where the face skin tone is off.

Hitting esc also crashed the game, so lol

The "ESC crashes the game" thing is usually tied to SkyUI, in that you've got mods installed that need SkyUI an either don't have it installed or have the .esp enabled. Also SkyUI needs Skyrim.esm set as a master plugin manually through XEdit.

The dark face thing is broken FaceGen textures.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Storm cloaks wear blackface to trigger the libs, just ignore them and they'll stop

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

As I usually say when the subject comes up, I'm glad stuff like Frostfall exists for those who enjoy it and I'm also glad no one can make me use it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rainbow Knight posted:

yep. it even keeps all of the perks if you want to add the hidden ones via console

Cool! That's one of my favorite things about SPERG, despite being a little feature. It just makes sense.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Storm cloaks wear blackface to trigger the libs, just ignore them and they'll stop

They're intimidated by those warriors from Hammerfell. They have curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So in SPERG Alchemy has a perk

quote:

Fortifier - Clothing and body armor made of leather or fur gain armor rating based on your Alchemy skill. Potions that fortify health, magicka, or stamina are 50% more effective.

What exactly counts as "made of fur or leather"? Is it just the armor literally called Fur Armor and Leather Armor, or more than that? And what if I'm also using Immersive Armors?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Skwirl posted:

So in SPERG Alchemy has a perk

What exactly counts as "made of fur or leather"? Is it just the armor literally called Fur Armor and Leather Armor, or more than that? And what if I'm also using Immersive Armors?

you might just have to experiment because SPERG is specifically aimed at vanilla stuff. i'm pretty sure it's the base fur/hide/leather armor, and maybe anything from IA that uses leather or fur plates as upgrade materials.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
It's anything that has the ArmorMaterialLeather or ArmorMaterialHide keywords. In the base game, that's "Leather Armor", "Vampire Armor", "Vampire Royal Armor", "Fur Armor", "Hide Armor", "Studded Armor", and "Skaal Coat". Any mod-added armor that uses one of those two keywords will work with the perk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Red Metal posted:

It's anything that has the ArmorMaterialLeather or ArmorMaterialHide keywords. In the base game, that's "Leather Armor", "Vampire Armor", "Vampire Royal Armor", "Fur Armor", "Hide Armor", "Studded Armor", and "Skaal Coat". Any mod-added armor that uses one of those two keywords will work with the perk.

That's frustrating, I would hope it included everything that used leather or hide to temper it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

That's frustrating, I would hope it included everything that used leather or hide to temper it.

That's basically what he's saying? It should include anything that's crafted from/improved by hide or leather, as long as a mod added items in a normal way. I would think Immersive Armors would do this.

This is normal for mods. I mean even the gosh darn Ahegao shirt mod ties its items to a material type (elven). Most mods should be compatible with the perk unless they added something that appears to be leather/hide but is actually steel or whatever.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 8, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

That's basically what he's saying? It should include anything that's crafted from/improved by hide or leather, as long as a mod added items in a normal way. I would think Immersive Armors would do this.

This is normal for mods. I mean even the gosh darn Ahegao shirt mod ties its items to a material type (elven). Most mods should be compatible with the perk unless they added something that appears to be leather/hide but is actually steel or whatever.

Well, like Forsworn armor is tempered with leather and not on that list.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

The keywords are the system in place for things like that though - the alternative would be creating a custom script that checked every tempering recipe for every armor in the game instead of just looking for what amounts to a "IsLeather=Yes" tag.

Not SPERG's fault if Bethesda didn't use their own system properly. It would also be an easy fix - armors missing keywords they should obviously possess is something that should be included in something like the Unofficial Patch.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Great googly moogly! Somehow my MO2 completely forgot my settings? I loaded up and, while all the mods are present, they are all disabled and now sorted alphabetically, the load order backups are gone (I did make some), and the "downloads" tab is now empty. Anyone have this happen before? I didn't do anything I can think of to cause this. I should be able to reactivate and order everything, but what a pain!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've had that happen. I usually have my load order and file order backed up so its an easy recovery. I don't know if it auto saves any of that but it's worth a try.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Is there a lock-on mod that's current with the latest version of SKSE?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Hello everyone I made a mod that adds a bunch of Star Trek music to Skyrim SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38209

Here's a video preview which includes me being bad at the game for 30 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBSnxwXw_aw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Neat.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
These are the voyages of an N'wah. Their mission: to seek out new s'wits and Dwemer civilizations.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

SNOT CORN posted:

Hello everyone I made a mod that adds a bunch of Star Trek music to Skyrim SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38209

Here's a video preview which includes me being bad at the game for 30 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBSnxwXw_aw

Nice, is this a full replacement or an addition?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Jade Rider posted:

Nice, is this a full replacement or an addition?

It's supposed to be a full replacement but for some reason the vanilla music keeps creeping in every now and then.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SNOT CORN posted:

It's supposed to be a full replacement but for some reason the vanilla music keeps creeping in every now and then.

The caves of Skyrim contain large deposits of cordranite, it is interfering with our signal!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

The caves of Skyrim contain large deposits of cordranite, it is interfering with our signal!

Reverse the polarity of you audio devices!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
What I really need to know is if the Bards will play The Inner light on their flutes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now make a mod that replaces all the in-game music with bardcore covers from Hildegard von Blingen

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Now make a mod that replaces all the in-game music with bardcore covers from Hildegard von Blingen

I wanna kill a dragon to her version of What is Love :allears:

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

What I really need to know is if the Bards will play The Inner light on their flutes.

drat this is a good idea

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Klingon Opera version of Ragnar the Red

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Thinking about playing Endereal for my next Skyrim playthrough just to have somewhere new to go. It's been awhile since I last played though, and I'm wondering which mods I should add. Endereal apparently has it's own skill and perk changes, so no Sperg I guess?

I'm thinking I should probably install these mods:
SKSE
SKYUIVR
VRIK
Realistic Mining
Dragonborn Speaks Naturally
USSEP

Any other mods I should get? Since Endereal is off in its own zones, I'm guessing most of the graphic and content mods won't do anything.

What's the deal with Vortex? Last time I played it was still being developed and used MO2.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 14, 2020

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Enderal already includes many of the most popular mods, including SkyUI and UESSP. Here's a list. I don't know about SkuUIVR support, but other than that you really don't need anything for a first playthrough.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, the only mod I would maybe do for a first playthrough of Enderal is the one that lets you reset your skills and perks, maybe some texture replacers (I think almost all the armor/weapon textures are from vanilla Skyrim).

Also, unless something has changed Enderal is currently an Oldrim only mod so I don't think it works with SkyrimVR and it looks like you were listing some VR mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

LLSix posted:

Any other mods I should get? Since Endereal is off in its own zones, I'm guessing most of the graphic and content mods won't do anything.

Enderal isn't a new landmass for Skyrim, it's a completely new piranha bytes style euro-rpg using the engine and the assets. One of the best of the genre tbh just because the engine is only a slightly janky mess.