Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Oh right followers drop to their knees when they're near death, which makes enemies mostly ignore them. Guess I must've accidentally scorched Stenvar myself. Sorry! But your armor was appreciated!

e:actually it was in a lair of spiders, so it may have been poison that finished him off.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jack B Nimble posted:

Haha, I've read that before, and generally agree with it. For example, in immersive sims I try to be both non violent and stealthy, but if it breaks bad I shoot my way out, I don't quick load.

Making this the goal for everyone was apparently a design bullet point for Death Loop and I think they nailed it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rinkles posted:

2 mod requests. Something simple that adds inventory space to horses, and a mod for quick trading with companions. Preferably gamepad compatible. I saw a recommendation for Saddlebags from here, but it's LE only. The other mods I've found all seem to have some issues or are part of bigger overhauls.

I forgot that followers aren't essential in Skyrim, I always modded that in (can't remember if I just save scummed to save Lydia on ps3). But I've committed to making this a no-quick save/load playthrough. So, sorry Stenvar.

I'm also trying an alternative death system that respawns you at a temple, with your loot remaining on your killers (the specifics are fairly configurable). It does make magic more attractive.

Convenient Horses adds saddlebags to horses, but also a whole bunch of other stuff that you might want.

Extensible Follower Framework has a quick trade option I think. Interacting with followers brings up a ring menu first, and I think trade is an option. It can also change the essential or protected flags if you're looking for that. Again, it adds a bunch of other stuff which might not be ideal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Welp that happened earlier than I expected.

I didn't realize followers could get back up with so little life. And I was about to buy her a pony :[

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Convenient Horses adds saddlebags to horses, but also a whole bunch of other stuff that you might want.

Extensible Follower Framework has a quick trade option I think. Interacting with followers brings up a ring menu first, and I think trade is an option. It can also change the essential or protected flags if you're looking for that. Again, it adds a bunch of other stuff which might not be ideal.

I might do that but I already have some of its functionality covered, and last time I played with horse overhauls, they were rather bloated (I think I tried both Convenient and Immersive, but not 100% sure).

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

Welp that happened earlier than I expected.

I didn't realize followers could get back up with so little life. And I was about to buy her a pony :[

I might do that but I already have some of its functionality covered, and last time I played with horse overhauls, they were rather bloated (I think I tried both Convenient and Immersive, but not 100% sure).

Oh drat, what was it that got her, falmer? Gonna be a lonely Dragonborn by the end of this. Go grab that rear end in a top hat wood elf from Riverwood, nobody will miss him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Raygereio posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54909

If this is all they're advertising it to be, it's huge.

I mean, I can only hope that it doesn't break all the other mods that use Papyrus and SKSE while they transition to this new scripting language. i.e. If there's a way to use this as a replacement that can also accept old Papyrus and SKSE scripts until those mod authors update their mods.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, I can only hope that it doesn't break all the other mods that use Papyrus and SKSE while they transition to this new scripting language. i.e. If there's a way to use this as a replacement that can also accept old Papyrus and SKSE scripts until those mod authors update their mods.

can't copy and paste because nexus has a bad phone site, but a bit down on the page says it's skse compatible

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

It's not a replacement for papyrus or SKSE. :confused:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Raygereio posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54909

If this is all they're advertising it to be, it's huge.

So we were discussing this on a modding discord I'm on, and I said "imagine the lizard tit mods we can make with this" and one of the other participants said I was thinking too small.

Now my new suggestion is to somehow use this mod to make a quest mod where we use Masser and Secunda to give Nirn itself huge massive bazongas.

"We chose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because we get hard."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Oh drat, what was it that got her, falmer? Gonna be a lonely Dragonborn by the end of this. Go grab that rear end in a top hat wood elf from Riverwood, nobody will miss him.

It was my gently caress up. I thought her getting up meant she recovered some health, but she died immediately when I panic flamethrew in the general direction of a charging chaurus. That said, I was close to death myself, so maybe that saved me. I think it's one of Simon's overhauls that makes all potions recover bars over time, making those situations a whole lot scarier.

The Respawn mod has also been pretty fun. I got a little overenthusiastic fighting some Forsworn, and had to spend the next few hours gathering enough resources and gear to get revenge (cause I lost literally everything except for my memorized spells and quest items). I need to start setting up supply caches for the future "deaths".

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55728?tab=posts

Hey look, it's SPID but for item keywords!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh wow, it respawns you like in Outward? Like you end up some place else and may or may not get your poo poo back? I wonder if that's compatible with Requiem; for such a deadly overhaul it's kind of curious that the only response to death is quick load.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Oh wow, it respawns you like in Outward? Like you end up some place else and may or may not get your poo poo back? I wonder if that's compatible with Requiem; for such a deadly overhaul it's kind of curious that the only response to death is quick load.

Yeah, it spawns you in the nearest temple or house, or you can set it up so it's always the whiterun temple. You get your poo poo back if you kill your killer or configure it so there's a marked pile at your spot of death. Animals can be exempt from this, but that felt like an arbitrary distinction with it on. I'm using the death marker option, cause I was worried about enemy despawn, but I'm still always nervous about the death pile despawning as well (not sure if that's possible).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 18, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Remember the Forgotten City mod? with the weird side-plot about the death-threat-sending homophobic guy actually being gay and into the guy he was threatening?

Glanced through reviews for their full game, and I'm not sure "homophobic until he gets a magical arthritis cure and then is a nice guy" is better

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does SE not have a mod for handling FOV?

FNV has a very handy one that lets you make changes in the MCM, and lets you adjust the first person player model independently (otherwise you can get clipping). On top of that even the pipboy and terminals get their own sliders, which I used as a roundabout way of increasing text size.

It’s funny how each of these games has different bases covered by its mod community, and there’s always something I miss from the previous game. Though just how active FNV’s modding community still is, in particular, was a pleasant surprise.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Third person camera overhaul can change fov. It cover some first person camera options too, despite the name.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Will have a look, thanks. Safe to install mid playthrough I assume?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

FOV can also be changed in the console.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rinkles posted:

Will have a look, thanks. Safe to install mid playthrough I assume?

Yeah. Pretty sure. I think it’s just some skse scripts that modify your camera a bit.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
I've installed Living Skyrim and it's pretty good so far, rough to start in as a stealth archer until I remembered this was still Skyrim and if you remove torches from their sconces, NPCs won't have any idea where the hell you are unless you're moving around (or they decide to headbutt you).

Only thing I absolutely hate about it is the horribly dark lighting at night and in interiors in the default ENB. I've been 'fixing' it as I go along but I have no idea what's with modpacks using ENBs and their aversion to being able to see more than 5 feet in front of you in the night (and that's using the lantern).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I use dwemer goggles and scouter for when mods decide that interior lighting shouldn't exist. The night vision on it is really good plus it has bonus predator vision built in

I'm sure there's more normal for Skyrim toggleable night vision mods that just raise the brightness, but I love everything dwemer and am playing as one so I pretty much got every dwarven tech mod I could.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 19, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Goddamit I suck

The game has a tendency of locking onto my companions when I use a heavy attack

Otoh this guy was 100% my fault. I was careless with my bow.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Looks like you need a mod that'll make people refuse to join you because "nobody who parties up with the Dragonborn ever comes back".

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can set them essential in the console or use the simple offense suppression to disable damaging friendly NPCs in general. I've got like ten magic mods and SOS is the only reason Inigo isn't a pule of goo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yup offensive spells and followers don't mix well; most of mine died to my flames. But I'm trying to play by the game's rules this time, and without save scumming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rinkles posted:

Yup offensive spells and followers don't mix well; most of mine died to my flames. But I'm trying to play by the game's rules this time, and without save scumming.

Yeah, you should stick with followers that are ranged attackers.

You would think, as a ranged attacker a melee one would be good or as a melee attacker you want a ranged on, but no, it works better if you double up on either melee or ranged.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Rinkles posted:

If also using Enai's magic mod there are AOE restoration spells that gently caress up undead and wont hurt your followers. Limited in function but great for draugr ruins and vampire lairs.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Falcorum posted:

I've installed Living Skyrim and it's pretty good so far, rough to start in as a stealth archer until I remembered this was still Skyrim and if you remove torches from their sconces, NPCs won't have any idea where the hell you are unless you're moving around (or they decide to headbutt you).

Only thing I absolutely hate about it is the horribly dark lighting at night and in interiors in the default ENB. I've been 'fixing' it as I go along but I have no idea what's with modpacks using ENBs and their aversion to being able to see more than 5 feet in front of you in the night (and that's using the lantern).

There's a program in the Living Skyrim mo2 called enb organizer that you could look at. It has 6 different enb's to choose from. I think Pi-Cho is the brightest and looks pretty nice.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Burns posted:

If also using Enai's magic mod there are AOE restoration spells that gently caress up undead and wont hurt your followers. Limited in function but great for draugr ruins and vampire lairs.

I’m giving Simon’s stuff a go this time. So far I’m quite happy with it.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rinkles posted:

According to the game's rules, you could start a Skyrim Space Program using a bucket.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad this thread is still around. I was thinking about it the other day because it turns out my way to stave off depression is to turn skyrim in to a different game.

Thought of posting on the modding reddit but reddit sucks rear end for having actual discussions and not just getting the most popular opinion

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

According to the game's rules, you could start a Skyrim Space Program using a bucket.

Baron Thane Munchausen, Dovakin.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

rip, died to a fire rune dot

Anyone know how to make custom interface elements for Skyrim? With FNV you simply replace dds files, but I think you need some way of packaging your graphics into a flash file for Skyrim.

I'm asking cause I don't love SkyUI's de/buff symbols.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Rinkles posted:

rip, died to a fire rune dot

I'm asking cause I don't love SkyUI's de/buff symbols.

Im pretty sure you can turn them off in SkyUIs mod manager menu.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Burns posted:

Im pretty sure you can turn them off in SkyUIs mod manager menu.

Yeah but they're useful

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Could someone do me a favor and upload Saddlebags 5-17-18 after resaving it in the Creation Kit?

According to the Phoenix Flavor mod guide that's all you have to do to port it to SE ("Porting Instructions: Resave the plugin in the Creation Kit.")

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Could someone do me a favor and upload Saddlebags 5-17-18 after resaving it in the Creation Kit?

According to the Phoenix Flavor mod guide that's all you have to do to port it to SE ("Porting Instructions: Resave the plugin in the Creation Kit.")

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17HqdjFBMhRsZD7-zUvhQz5btLpFub_43/view?usp=sharing

I didn't test it but I ran it though MO2 and it didn't form 43 error me so it should be good to go

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks a million

e:says i dont have access

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://mega.nz/file/8341mAYZ#g3H8mNmRZxHEv5mXX6C0fjH2ezFkiPgsQYr-h2bdm38

Hopefully should work

Adbot