Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

If I'm understanding this right all you need to do to fix this (in MO2) is hit the drop-down arrow to the right of the duplicate name while you're installing and it will show you alternate/correct names for the patch.

Also helpful if you want the SE/AE addition or version number in the name. All of which you can type in yourself as well. But if you're burnt out on adding a ton of mods it can be annoying when the patches want to install under the same name for sure.

Thanks (both to you and the other posters), this helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is there a mod that combines all of JK's mods? "JK's Skyrim" seems to have many but not all of the cities/towns/villages/inns.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Is there a mod that combines all of JK's mods? "JK's Skyrim" seems to have many but not all of the cities/towns/villages/inns.

Every JK's interiors mod is an ESL except for the Blue Palace one because of the number of records that plugin has

merging them would renumber their formids and ruin compatibility patches that depend on each individual plugin as a master
the newly merged plugin would also have too many records to be ESL flagged so it would take up a plugin slot

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Gyoru posted:

Every JK's interiors mod is an ESL except for the Blue Palace one because of the number of records that plugin has

merging them would renumber their formids and ruin compatibility patches that depend on each individual plugin as a master
the newly merged plugin would also have too many records to be ESL flagged so it would take up a plugin slot

Thanks! I was mostly just being lazy and not wanting to keep them all updated.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think a couple people posted about only having Oldrim, and possibly not all the DLC, Special Edition is on sale on Steam for $14 until tomorrow.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Chronojam posted:

There's an ini fix for that if I remember right but you also probably want to remove the console auto aim for bows, too

Apparently the bMouseAcceleration value isn't in SSE, which is all I've been able to find regarding fixing the acceleration so far.

Skwirl posted:

I think a couple people posted about only having Oldrim, and possibly not all the DLC, Special Edition is on sale on Steam for $14 until tomorrow.

There's also a similar deal from humble: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition

But if you've got a humble monthly sub the extra discount applies there too.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I had forgotten how utterly abysmal hearthfire is in almost every way. I know their are some austhetic mods but nothing to really overhaul the design. I got so annoyed after building Winstad that i rolled back.

What are some recommended, not over-the-top homes you folks would suggest?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Burns posted:

I had forgotten how utterly abysmal hearthfire is in almost every way. I know their are some austhetic mods but nothing to really overhaul the design. I got so annoyed after building Winstad that i rolled back.

I like this house for mages

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33539

Tel Jerdein, a Telvanni wizards home

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Burns posted:

Aemer's Refuge is one I've toggled on/off since oldrim
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4751

I tend to like player homes that aren't just houses and aren't locoated centralized/near Whiterun

Legacy of the Dragonborn has a player home that's attached to the museum

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Starting to think I'm going a little overboard with Skysa movesets...

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

fist main hand, axe off-hand

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burns posted:

Gyoru posted:

Aemer's Refuge is one I've toggled on/off since oldrim
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4751

Gonna second Aemer's Refuge. It's really well-done. The only other one that I really use is Riverside Lodge, with the caveat that it is basically halfway between Whiterun and Riverwood. But it's just so well done too that it kind of doesn't matter.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Is there a good "skip the main quest" mod? I want to have all that garbage behind me since I just played through it

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Devor posted:

Is there a good "skip the main quest" mod? I want to have all that garbage behind me since I just played through it

yes there is!

Skyrim Unbound Reborn lets you be a completely non dragornborn character with no main quest and even no dragons and soul absorption if you want.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Helith posted:

yes there is!

Skyrim Unbound Reborn lets you be a completely non dragornborn character with no main quest and even no dragons and soul absorption if you want.

Cheers - looks good!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just really enjoyed reading this rant lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/r5vcp9/waccf_has_been_the_absolute_worst_mod_experience/

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

On the topic of homes, skyrimlazz has good ones imo. They're mostly big and luxurious, but some of them are small and simple (there's a Snow Elf Hut and it's small and chill.) Most of them though are castles that have 20 guards that you can nab as followers and since I like to mod my game into the hardest combat slog imaginable it's nice to have a bunch of friends around when I'm crafting and such or just an extra follower to protect me/help me kill another bandit keep that spawns a zillion bandits.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I totally feel this, but I like CCOR, and thus I'm stuck with WACCF. :smith:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

That was a really enjoyable read!

Burns
May 10, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Gonna second Aemer's Refuge. It's really well-done. The only other one that I really use is Riverside Lodge, with the caveat that it is basically halfway between Whiterun and Riverwood. But it's just so well done too that it kind of doesn't matter.

The Mammoth Manor house by the same author i think is more my jam. Thanks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I use Rayek's End a lot.

It's behind a waterfall between Riverrun and Whiterun but it's just so drat convenient. I know we were trying to avoid that area though.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

PaybackJack posted:

I use Rayek's End a lot.

It's behind a waterfall between Riverrun and Whiterun but it's just so drat convenient. I know we were trying to avoid that area though.

This is one of my preferred ones, too. Really fits with some of the more city-adverse characters I roll with too.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

They're not wrong. But OTOH circlets with hoods is real good.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

is there a good weapon/shield on back animation pack that includes first person poo poo and doesn't have a thousand out of date requirements?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

So that's why gold was renamed to Septims during my playthroughs! :aaa:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Heh, I've been using WACCF for so long that I thought they were just routinely named "Septims".

(I do usually use a mod that adds a couple other coin types as well, "Haralds" in Nord dungeons, Dumacs in Dwarven ruins, and I think another one. Can't recall what it's called off the top of my head though.)

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Rainbow Knight posted:

On the topic of homes, skyrimlazz has good ones imo. They're mostly big and luxurious, but some of them are small and simple (there's a Snow Elf Hut and it's small and chill.) Most of them though are castles that have 20 guards that you can nab as followers and since I like to mod my game into the hardest combat slog imaginable it's nice to have a bunch of friends around when I'm crafting and such or just an extra follower to protect me/help me kill another bandit keep that spawns a zillion bandits.

Do bandit keeps normally spawn a bunch of bandits to fight you? Or is there a mod for that cause that sounds pretty fun.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Do bandit keeps normally spawn a bunch of bandits to fight you? Or is there a mod for that cause that sounds pretty fun.

It's a combination (I think) of Increased Enemy Spawns, and Genesis. I also have Immersive Patrols and The Sinister Seven to add to the chaos.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

For Sinister Seven, keep in mind there are no conditions for the non-boss enemy minions spawning so they will spawn everywhere even "safe" areas like towns or while you're in the middle of a conversation in your own home

it's always the same 3 person assault party too

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gyoru posted:

For Sinister Seven, keep in mind there are no conditions for the non-boss enemy minions spawning so they will spawn everywhere even "safe" areas like towns or while you're in the middle of a conversation in your own home

This sounds like a cool mod. Anyone else got any mods to recommend that add in more of the "random bad rear end wandering the world" like you see in Assassin's Creed Odyssey(and I'm assuming other games, ACO is the only one I tried and I just got burnt out on the amount of repetitive content).

Something like a 'Champions of the Holds' or something where each city has a few challenging NPCs added in for some fun loot and what not.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Why does ever loving housing mod seem to be set around Riverwood or Whiterun anyways

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Why does ever loving housing mod seem to be set around Riverwood or Whiterun anyways

Centralized location and the first places you'll go after leaving Helgen. Also the area is fairly empty, so there's lots of place to throw something down that won't interact with much else.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

zhar posted:

I'm new to modding but found sseedit very useful so far. make sure you install it and are opening it from the game directory (where skyrimse.exe is) and launch it from mo2 (add it as an executable like skse, if you clone the skse executable in mo2 the only change you should need to make is changing the skse loader.exe in the filepath to SSEEdit.exe if you've installed it in the right place)

e: make sure you downloaded the right one, tes5edit is legendary edition I think, sseedit is for SE, different nexus pages

Fun xEdit fact: all of the xEdits are identical. Which configuration it runs in is determined either by what the executable is named or command-line flags. This is useful if you have multiple Bethesda games installed and don't want to have to keep multiple copies of xEdit updated.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think it'd be fun sometime to install every compatible Riverwood and Whiterun house mod at the same time so there's like 12 castles and lavish estates all within spitting distance of each other.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

docbeard posted:

Heh, I've been using WACCF for so long that I thought they were just routinely named "Septims".

(I do usually use a mod that adds a couple other coin types as well, "Haralds" in Nord dungeons, Dumacs in Dwarven ruins, and I think another one. Can't recall what it's called off the top of my head though.)

Ulfrics, I think, or at least I found those in Windhelm.

I really like that little mod, it makes basically no difference, but it's neat and adds just that bit of immersion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

I think it'd be fun sometime to install every compatible Riverwood and Whiterun house mod at the same time so there's like 12 castles and lavish estates all within spitting distance of each other.

"Or perhaps you just want to know how to get there? It's near Riverwood, a miserable little village of mansions and castles due south of here."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Also this rant is so good and informative. I had no idea WACCF hosed with the arrow physics to make them harder to aim, so I just went through it with xEdit and erased the entire Projectile tab in the mod. The "Septims" thing never bothered me because like docbeard, I also use a coin mod that changes the coins found in Nordic and Dwemer ruins to Haralds and Dumacs, so it's like "Yeah, Septims, whatever".

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Gyoru posted:

FUN FACT: you can stop them! with locked doors! also fun to do is get the bear trap perks in Ordinator and lay out a bunch of them at the front door of your castle or something. they just come in, get chomped, then wander around in the small area they entered fromlooking for who hit them, all while stepping over each bear trap you've laid in the area over and over until they die.

I call it the Sideshow Bob Hallway Defense System

edit: I can't remember the mod name, but it has a spell that locks doors. I suppose that is worth mentioning.

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 3, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Also this rant is so good and informative. I had no idea WACCF hosed with the arrow physics to make them harder to aim, so I just went through it with xEdit and erased the entire Projectile tab in the mod. The "Septims" thing never bothered me because like docbeard, I also use a coin mod that changes the coins found in Nordic and Dwemer ruins to Haralds and Dumacs, so it's like "Yeah, Septims, whatever".

It doesn't do it to make them harder to aim, it does it to make them fly straighter, but the way arrows work in Skyrim is stupid apparently. I use a mod that changes arrow physics unrelatedly, but I don't know what else they changed, because I never had these problems they mention with aiming and my arrows have all the same settings as WACCF.

LATE EDIT: Oh wait, I see! You need an INI edit to make it work completely right:

Arrows and Bolt Tweaks posted:

If you picked any of the 'Faster' tweaks above, remember to edit your 'Skyrim.ini' file (located in your "Documents\My games\Skyrim Special Edition" folder) so that your shots go to your crosshair

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Quick Loot RE updated for AE... to the previous version (1.6.317), not the current version (1.6.323) for some reason? I'm just glad the author is updating at all.