Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'd take "less ugly"
That's the responsibility of modders, whose work would be easier in a less hosed up engine, not the people re-implementing the game in a new, less hosed up engine. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
they should just move it to CE2.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Proletarian Mango posted:

Work is slowly being done to implement support for Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout in OpenMW. You can find demos of this on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-t11y8O3Fw

Oh wow! That's pretty cool.

-

I spent the afternoon doing some crafting (smithing, enchanting, alchemy), and I'm wondering if there are some specific mods to address some qualms that I have.

• Is there a mod that displays all your aggregate stats? I started out enchanting some gear to boost my alchemy (in order to make potions that would boost my enchanting and smithing), but on the Magic section, it only shows you the percentages for each individual item. I found one, Skyrim Character Sheet, which shows the modifiers, but I'm just curious if there are any others that are worth checking out. My aim is boosting the modifiers so I can refine weapons at the grindstone/workbench to higher ranks
  • Are there any lightweight/simple mods for merchants? I know there are some in-depth overhauls, but what I was looking for was something that made it easier to sell high amounts of stuff without having to go to multiple merchants. I'm trying to get the achievement for 100,000 gold, but the problem is liquidating everything, since it seems like merchants only have around 1,000 gold at a time. I know you can invest gold, but I don't have a high enough Speech skill to unlock the perk.
  • Is there a mod that makes Khajiit caravans more accessible? I found out that they carry all the Creation Club ingredients, but since they move between cities, it's random where they show up.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 23, 2024

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."
I do a lot of enchanting and I use alchemy to buff my enchanting. It bugs me that so many un-craftable items have enchantments that are much weaker than what I could do myself. Therefore I am looking at mods that make everything craftable.

Boy there is a lot of choice here. A mod for craftable circlets, craftable nightengale armor, craftable soul gems (no thanks), craftable vampire armor, craftable faction armor sets (does this include the nightengale armor? probably?)... it goes on and on.

Is there a one-stop shop mod to make everything craftable in 2024? Bonus points for making me do the quest first, but that's just nice to have...

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."
dude this mod is loving awesome https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/84265

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Elder Scrolls V: Candy Land

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
World's Biggest Bouncy Castle

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You ever climb the seven thousand steps on weed?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmao someone said this is how joe biden sees the world in the comments and the mods deleted it. :D

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

It's hilarious and immensely useful at the same time, 11/10

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tired of keeping up with some quest NPC who wants to drag you halfway across the map? Just click a hotkey and follow them forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIN60_3IpU

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 26, 2024

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

ThaumPenguin posted:

Tired of keeping up with some quest NPC who wants to drag you halfway across the map? Just click a hotkey and follow them forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIN60_3IpU

Reminds me of the (in)famous "Frodo in Rivendell" quest in Lord of the Rings Online. You just walk with Frodo as he paces slowly through Rivendell having a monologue while you play the Good Listener part. It's nice and atmospheric the first time, but afterwards you just select Frodo, type /follow, then go for a coffee while the quest happens...

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

May as well post some more recent mods:

No more cheesing NPCs by getting up on a big rock, they're not falling for that again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5wPzoYoiQ

NPCs Take Cover - Smarter Anti-Cheese AI

---

D.E.A.D. - Draugr Enemy Asset Diversity
Draugr! They're mummified guardians dating back to the days when dragons ruled the lands. Except, hold on, a lot of the ones we encounter postdate that by millennia, who's mummifying all these corpses? Nobody, that's who. The walking dead who did not die in service of the dragons are now properly fleshy and decayed, and with unique appearances for the named ones as well!

Remember how Potema was a Septim? Now the draugr guarding her are proper imperials!

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Is there a mod or other utility that will monitor and give feedback on your script load? Ideally displaying what all's going on (or trying to) in real time

To explain, I'm having some weird things go on. The most recent one has happened a couple times, where extended encounters will introduce me to some vigilants that would rather I not have Azura's star or whatever. But they just invade my personal space and stare at me before eventually getting left behind by fast travel.

Loot says I'm all patched up so all I can think to do is look under the hood and see if things are getting gummed up

E: I overcame my reluctance and clicked a link to a very informative thread on the yikes mod site; it suggests people in my situation focus on the wrong issue, and also had links to a couple things, for those interested:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24124

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 27, 2024

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
instead please recommend me your favorite player housing mod

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Max Wilco posted:

Someone mentioned the Nolvus Ascension modlist, and looking up a video of that, I found a trailer for an upcoming modlist called Skyrim Ultima (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwogDlp_V4g)

Why is everything so...clean? Like, I'm not asking for grimdark here, but so many of those roofing textures are jarring in how clean and same they are. Grime and doodads are good for breaking that stuff up. Some cool stuff in there, but some odd choices on the textures.

TaintedBalance fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 27, 2024

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zwingley posted:

I like the house in Legacy of the Dragonborn. Its in Solitude, comes with all the luxuries and amenities.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Tankbuster posted:

I like the house in Legacy of the Dragonborn. Its in Solitude, comes with all the luxuries and amenities.

I'm running lotd and it's pretty cool, yeah. Not super deep into the meat of it yet, but definitely shaping up so far

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Hey can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this pls?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

The answer was More Informative Console and drill down on the textures to find the load order problem that was giving me broken meshes.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Zwingley posted:

Is there a mod or other utility that will monitor and give feedback on your script load? Ideally displaying what all's going on (or trying to) in real time

To explain, I'm having some weird things go on. The most recent one has happened a couple times, where extended encounters will introduce me to some vigilants that would rather I not have Azura's star or whatever. But they just invade my personal space and stare at me before eventually getting left behind by fast travel.

Loot says I'm all patched up so all I can think to do is look under the hood and see if things are getting gummed up

E: I overcame my reluctance and clicked a link to a very informative thread on the yikes mod site; it suggests people in my situation focus on the wrong issue, and also had links to a couple things, for those interested:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24124

As the OP says, sadly sometimes the Slab is the only place that has the answers you seek.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
In my defence, I hadn't read the OP since probably the last thread, and this one says at the top it's out of date. I've since read it though :shobon:

Unfortunately the cesspool of forbidden knowledge springs eternal

Anyway neither combat nor letting Legacy of the Dragonborn go full blast on sorting poo poo gave me appreciable script lag, so I guess the vigilants of stendarr in my game are just really socially awkward

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Alright which one of you animals made this mod? Immersive Fat Idiot Son

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

celestial teapot posted:

Alright which one of you animals made this mod? Immersive Fat Idiot Son

As a parent of 3, I'm a bit conflicted about this one. It looks exceptionally immersive and I found myself nodding at every single item on the list of features, but I wonder if that's really the kind of verisimilitude I'm after when launching Skyrim.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That mod is oddly entertaining. He's unkillable but ragdolls super easy. Somehow his uselessness is endearing.

Also the voice lines are solid. It's just ingame kid voice lines reused mostly, some splicing, but it's done very well. I've seen people not realize anything was spliced.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 29, 2024

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Can someone recommend a fun, breezy martial arts mod? I'm not thinking of anything realistic, I'd like to run a hand-to-hand character who can kick and punch enemies and hopefully send them flying.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Can someone recommend a fun, breezy martial arts mod? I'm not thinking of anything realistic, I'd like to run a hand-to-hand character who can kick and punch enemies and hopefully send them flying.

Have you tried finding the three dragon words “force” “balance” and “push?”

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Arivia posted:

Have you tried finding the three dragon words “force” “balance” and “push?”

It lacks the intimacy of physical touch!

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Zwingley posted:

I very much like the safehouse in LotD, but I've also got a soft spot for really small housing mods and tend to use them pre-unlocking the safehouse and/or when I'm just in the area, since I don't fast travel or use carriages. These are the ones I like a lot:

Astronomer's Loft (there are two with very similar names, this is the one I use), tiny spot in Whiterun behind/above Arcadia's shop.
Emberbrand Cellar is a basement in Windhelm. I'm a weirdo who likes starting as a dunmer in Windhelm, and this is much more fitting than the murder house for me. As a weirdo who like starting as a dunmer in Windhelm, I also despise Blood on the Ice with my whole heart.
Somnolent Nook is a loft apartment in Riften, above Bolli's house.
Sami Hut is a tiny, tiny little place in the middle of nowhere around Dawnstar.
Solitude Rectory is basically a cubby hole on the second floor of the Temple of the Divines

Most of them have patches to make them purchasable rather than free from the start, there's some here. There's one for the Rectory as well, but I don't like that one because it involves community service and I never get around to it before the Safehouse is available anyway. I'm fairly certain they've all got patches for Lux as well, since I don't remember bothering with making my own, but if not this works just fine for me.

Side recommendation, I really like Skald's Mail, it's one of the small mods the Wildlander list introduced me to that I've kept around despite bouncing between Wabbajack lists and my own custom nonsense. There's just something weirdly nice about getting mail in this game, and bonus that the courier isn't constantly jump scaring me when I'm in town.

Most of these houses don't have patches for a mailbox, but it's extremely easy to make one and the mod provides step by step instructions on how. There is a patch for the LotD safehouse though.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Very nice recommendations; I appreciate it even if I don't want to have to regenerate LoD

The purchase patches especially are nice because I spent some bethcoins I had left over from some Fallout 76 thing on the East Empire Expansion thing, and consequently have even more gold than usual.

As an aside, I'm also trying to use Fyr Manor and cannot for the life of me successfully fork over the room modules; the dialogue just terminates without anything happening. Anyone happen to know what I'm missing?

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013

davidspackage posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26753

Just a few high kick and roundhouse animations

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

When I did a wuxia kung fu character a year or two ago I had to assemble it out of multiple mods since there wasn't one good cohesive option. A bunch of animation mods (mixed and matched based on preference), a mod for unarmed parrying (I think I used a dual wield parry mod), a double jump mod, the Japanese guy's mods that add unarmed and unarmored trees (the same guy who made the Vigilant mod you also have to get translation mods), the dodge mod with a good acrobatic dodge animation, and a mod that made magic faster to splash alongside fighting easier. I also had something that made enemies ragdoll easier, but I don't remember if it was a mod or setting. Alongside the usual mods that expand the combat like Valhalla Combat. It was a ton of chaotic fun.

I had read some cultivation novels at the time and it's a shame there's no proper cultivation mod because Skyrim seems primed for it as it already has most of the elements. Just need to bring them together with some of the more cultivation specific stuff and maybe change a bunch of the dialogue so people constantly talk about their meridians, their cultivation stage, bandits taunt you for just being low gold or whatever, etc.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zwingley posted:

Very nice recommendations; I appreciate it even if I don't want to have to regenerate LoD

The purchase patches especially are nice because I spent some bethcoins I had left over from some Fallout 76 thing on the East Empire Expansion thing, and consequently have even more gold than usual.

As an aside, I'm also trying to use Fyr Manor and cannot for the life of me successfully fork over the room modules; the dialogue just terminates without anything happening. Anyone happen to know what I'm missing?

You have to manually place the modules in the barrel next to server.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Are there any good mods for linked storage?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I wrote up the one I was using here.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Agents are GO! posted:

You have to manually place the modules in the barrel next to server.

lmao

I would never have figured this out, thanks!

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Zwingley posted:

Late to this party but anything by the modder Elianora is excellent. They tend to be small, but packed with useful features and details, and most of them have displays for all your collectibles and trophies, too. And they each have a neat theme to them, too. I never go without her overhaul of Breezehome.

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 5, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zwingley posted:

lmao

I would never have figured this out, thanks!

I have more than a passing familiarity with Fyr Manor.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

davidspackage posted:

I did a martial arts playthrough a little while back. Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of comprehensive support and I had to OCD cobble together my own suite to taste. It was still satisfying and doable. I used Adamant Hand to Hand for the skill tree which worked well and my damage scaled sufficiently to be viable, maybe even too good. There's a patch for Fearsome Fists if you have that as well. Needed a dual wield parry mod so I could block with my hands. A dodge mod so I could tumble out of danger. And then for animation, I scoured through every single unarmed martial arts mod and cherry picked the best stuff to put into a comprehensive DAR package that utilized directional attacks and randomization for fun variety. There's a decent amount of stuff out of there, all of mixed quality. I ended up with some blocking animations, some varied combos for the power attacks, and some varied short kicks and jabs for regular attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Way of the Monk Extended is fun and has support for Animated Armory as well, though I admit I have not completed a play though with it enabled. I have played with it for multiple hours and it works well from what I remember.

dbzfandiego fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 6, 2024