Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
So I'm in the garage now, with the car - what should I be looking for? Managed to get under the back of the car, there's not a lot of light but it has a 10 bolt rear end. What numbers should I be looking for where?

I'll post some interior pictures shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Oh and I'm racing this thing tonight how the hell do you race a car:

Throttle and don't put it in the wall I guess

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

Oh and I'm racing this thing tonight how the hell do you race a car:

Keep the shiny side up? Countersteer?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iwentdoodie posted:

You can on one this old. They seriously do not give a gently caress.

Also, Craigslist is gold for LS cars. Last week I saw an 01 Z28 with 101k, 6 speed car that was running/driving with rear end damage and a lost title for less than 2k.

Wait, what thread is this? I thought this was the one that the OP wanted to get smog ref'd so he'd have to smog it every 2 years instead of never, because that's what "doing it right" means to him. Not the way I would do it, but that doesn't mean it's an invalid path to success, I suppose.

As for IDing stuff, how about a nice clear picture of the engine it has now? There was some debate about whether it was a SBC or a BPO, as I recall.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
If you have the money i would add the GM E-ROD setup, mainly for documentation (comes with cats and emissions gear and a little carb sticker that is apparently worth its weight in ununoctium)

• Locked thread