Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«147 »
Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Vince actually sent the Brisco Brothers to pick up the belt from her because he felt she was being unprofessional not relinquishing it. "Here we go again," sighed Gerald as he left.

So that's why they were found on Vince's front lawn with tire iron marks in the back of their heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St Evan Echoes
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oh my God a series of segments where increasingly large groups of people try to take Asuka's belt, only for her to murder them with one arm in a sling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

PONYTAR
PONYTAR
PONYTAR

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh my God a series of segments where increasingly large groups of people try to take Asuka's belt, only for her to murder them with one arm in a sling

And it all happens at Fun Time USA

Johnny Landmine
Aug 1, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen,
start your engines.

Oben posted:

*The swearing was all added by the translator. Japanese doesn't really have swear words, it was all in her tone.

Yeah she speaks really harshly but she doesn't use any of the words you can't broadcast on Japanese TV (which are mostly, like, slurs against Koreans and blind people). It's weird because "loving" matches her intensity pretty well but you'd hear the same language on Saturday morning cartoons.

Anyway I love angry Japanese promo Asuka and hope we eventually get five straight minutes of her going off on Kairi for always being so nice all the time while everyone else just looks on dumbfounded

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Oben posted:

*The swearing was all added by the translator. Japanese doesn't really have swear words, it was all in her tone.

Isn't it the word commonly translated as "bastard" that is actually a kind honorific, just said in that slurring growl?

it'd be like me calling someone 'a swell gentleman' except my tone indicates 'gently caress you'

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Band-aids don't fix arrow wounds

Asuka also speaks with the same kind of accent associated with the Yakuza if that helps

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dromal phrenia posted:

Isn't it the word commonly translated as "bastard" that is actually a kind honorific, just said in that slurring growl?

it'd be like me calling someone 'a swell gentleman' except my tone indicates 'gently caress you'

Yes. Same with the literal word for poo poo, which depending on tone can also be translated as drat and it's nowhere near as severe.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Is there a MYC thread or are we just going to talk about it here?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yahallo

look for the womens wrestling thread

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-kxS1mf7k4

NXT 'Superstars' playing airhockey.

Was Axel Dieter, jr. being renamed to Marcel Barthel already known, or was this video the unveiling of his new name? Either way, Marcel Barthel sounds about as generic as any name could ever sound.

Martinpale
Jul 23, 2007

ChineseConnection posted:

These live music entrances always come out terrible. Four recent ones come to mind:

Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania 32 - Vocalist is completely out of sync and off key, this is maybe the worst.
Nakamura at Brooklyn II - Violist out of sync, sound unbalanced and stealing the spotlight from the wrestler.
Nakamura at Takeover Toronto - Balance is funky, but the spotlight stealing violinists are super cringey.
Black at Brooklyn III - Slightly out of sync, sound unbalanced, vocals are inferior compared to the recording and the band hanging around takes away a lot of Black's mystique

Spend the money on pyro or special effects instead of live bands. Wrestlers today aren't coming out to Motorhead or Limp Bizkit, its third-string semi-amateur CFO$ produced vocalists that can't hack it in a live setting. Also, the dozen or so extras they hired to pretend they were in a mosh-pit... what the hell was that?

Third-string semi-amateur CFO$ produced vocalists that can't hack it in a live setting? No idea about Code Orange, but I'm pretty sure that Incendiary has CD's out and has toured quite a lot. Source: owning their CD's and seeing them live more times than I can count.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

everything about Black's entrance at TakeOver was good except he should have come out in front of the band, instead of behind them (or at least to the side on the ramp or something)

I thought it sounded great live, at least! And Code Orange's intro was goofy at first but idk it was more tolerable than a lot of TakeOver themes so I was okay with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

Have fun watching wrestling
Because wrestling's fun

Germansimp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-kxS1mf7k4

NXT 'Superstars' playing airhockey.

Was Axel Dieter, jr. being renamed to Marcel Barthel already known, or was this video the unveiling of his new name? Either way, Marcel Barthel sounds about as generic as any name could ever sound.

It's his legit name, so I imagine it's only going to be temporary.

«147 »