Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BrianFritz/status/931215237482799104

Somebody is definitely doing something stupid in that match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Benne posted:

It will be Alexander Wolfe or Nikki Cross

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nikki already has a match so they probably won't use her in any crazy spot

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I'm calling shooting star press by rezar

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You motherfuckers know nothing about Eric Young

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
paul is a fake rear end nwa fan

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
are yall excited for W A R G A M E S????

somehow in my head I knew that Survivor Series was this Sunday, but totally didn't compute NXT is Saturday! also, tomorrow is the house show Drew McIntyre vs Adam Cole main, which I assume is gonna end in some kinda gently caress finish but I hope shows up as a Periscope or something.

I'm gonna catch up on the last couple weeks of TV and then write an OP for the TakeOver thread, and hopefully will have a new OP for this thread ready to go after TakeOver ends. Triple H stopped pointing at people/things and it severely hosed up my whole scene here

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Benne posted:

I'd totally get into a story where Regal left Kairi a secret treasure map with a title shot at the end, and she had to sail the seven seas looking for it, while recruiting some uneasy allies along the way. That should fill up a solid 10 months of NXT TV.

This seems like the quickest and most logical way for Regal to bring Pirate Paul Birchill back to my TV, so please take all my money NXT, and make it happen.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'll always remember seeing an old highlight of Paul Burchill while he was doing his old shooter/hoss gimmick. Just black and white clips of him doing the C4 to some jobbers while that badass Metallica cover of Empire theme blares on

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

TheCool69 posted:

I'll always remember seeing an old highlight of Paul Burchill while he was doing his old shooter/hoss gimmick. Just black and white clips of him doing the C4 to some jobbers while that badass Metallica cover of Empire theme blares on

BURCHILL’S MONSTER MOMENTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5n4kNxr16M

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

BOOOOOOO

That stinks. Just make it a super tall roof and they can do dumb poo poo off of the top rope or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Make it a domed catch with a little hole at the top like that one TNA did where Homicide got stuck.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The War Games match isn't for the tag titles is it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think so, but I wish it was, so the AoP could win and defend the belts under Freebird rules with their widdle bruvver Roddy.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

tnimark posted:

The War Games match isn't for the tag titles is it?

Nope, WWE needs a trios title for this very reason.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Peyton is the guy

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/931352873027371011

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Strangely convenient occurrence just before a War Game match.

https://twitter.com/TheAntMan/status/931353030389325830

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

They've started adding the game show NXTs to the Network ... for some reason
If that includes the neverending season, it's so you have easy access to the Johnny Curtis/Maxine chloroform skit.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Fabian Aichner vs Johnny Gargano from 11/1 is a good fuckin TV match. That's exactly how you should do a roll-up finish too, dang

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Earlier in the year I quit wrestling, but then I had to come back and watch the match when I heard Angle was back in the ring. Today WWE said I could have War Games and Rumble for 99p, so I am subscribed again. The rules to War Games sounds super confusing and I dont' know who one of the teams are, but considering it is NXT I am sure it will be great!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So if I have Hulu and am debating maybe subscribing to WWE for a month what would be a reasonable place to start some NXT viewing?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DarkstarIV posted:

Perhaps, but at the same time, someone like Peyton winning would massively devalue the title, since she's pretty much a Jinder Mahal (before he won the WWE Championship) level of jobber. She gets no reactions when coming out. She's better in the ring than Jinder, but that's about it.

Ember sucks as a face, and putting the title on her and keeping her as a face would be a massive mistake as the crowd will eat her alive.

If they have to put the title on Ember, make sure she actually turns while holding it, and have Kairi take it at Takeover: New Orleans.

I don't know about Nikki Cross. She would be a good champ, but I have a feeling Sanity is main roster bound the moment they drop the tag titles.

As for Kairi herself, although it doesn't mean much, she has been losing at house shows a lot lately. But you can only have her chase for so long before it starts to make her look like a loser. That's the problem with title chases for babyfaces in WWE. If they take too long to capture the title, the crowd will stop giving a poo poo.

I wonder if NXT is actually going to do something with the Ruby Riot plotline. You know, the poo poo one where Nikki joined as her tag partner mid way through matches without her consent. Will she in some way play into the match, or will everything be meaningless!

Balls to the Mall posted:

Earlier in the year I quit wrestling, but then I had to come back and watch the match when I heard Angle was back in the ring. Today WWE said I could have War Games and Rumble for 99p, so I am subscribed again. The rules to War Games sounds super confusing and I dont' know who one of the teams are, but considering it is NXT I am sure it will be great!

The rules are going to be completely different to how war games was, as this is a loving weird hybrid of traditional war games and the messed up 1998 version. It will also likely be super fun, but expect them to replace the traditional blading with terrifying high spots.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

STAC Goat posted:

So if I have Hulu and am debating maybe subscribing to WWE for a month what would be a reasonable place to start some NXT viewing?

While there are some gems in the weekly shows, just watch all the Takeovers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or if you mean in order to catch up, just watch the TV from last Takeover up to this Wednesday's.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, sorry. I just meant I'd like to watch a little of the current "era" without going back to Owens/Zayn or Bo/Neville or something. So where would be a good place to start where I might see all the key stories and players but not overload myself with too much to watch?

You know when did the most recent "season" start?

Bearing in mind I'm leaning against subscribing to WWE right now and Hulu doesn't have Takeovers, right?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, sorry. I just meant I'd like to watch a little of the current "era" without going back to Owens/Zayn or Bo/Neville or something. So where would be a good place to start where I might see all the key stories and players but not overload myself with too much to watch?

You know when did the most recent "season" start?

Bearing in mind I'm leaning against subscribing to WWE right now and Hulu doesn't have Takeovers, right?

Takeovers are on Hulu, they're listed as regular episodes but are two hours and have Saturday dates instead of Wednesdays.

Depending on how thorough you want to be, you might want to go back to Takeover Brooklyn II and just watch Takeovers from there (I think there's five). Or just watch the last Takeover from August and then skim the weekly shows which if you skip filler recaps/ads are probably like 25-35 min episodes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Brooklyn III definitely starts the latest storylines, but I highly recommend that you watch Takeover Chicago because there are some major moments there worth viewing.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Fabian Aichner vs Johnny Gargano from 11/1 is a good fuckin TV match. That's exactly how you should do a roll-up finish too, dang

Yeah this was really good. Aichner is underrated. Everything he did was crisp and they worked very well together.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I really can't believe Nikki is one decision away from lifting the NXT title or being calling up this weekend. Such an achiever.

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/931724438625832965
https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/931417458174459904

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

schweens posted:

Yeah this was really good. Aichner is underrated. Everything he did was crisp and they worked very well together.

Well, he strikes me as another Apollo Crews. High flying muscle man, crisp, impressive, no charisma or personality.

Without the eternally cheerful personality and the history of great matches in other companies (that people know of, I haven't heard anything about him from the European scene).

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm not one of those people that think Peyton Royce is amazing and deserves the title, but I do love all the videos of the Iconic Duo harassing other wrestlers and generally being adorable together. So go Peyton, long may she reign.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Well, he strikes me as another Apollo Crews. High flying muscle man, crisp, impressive, no charisma or personality.

Without the eternally cheerful personality and the history of great matches in other companies (that people know of, I haven't heard anything about him from the European scene).

Ideally WWE would have somewhere he could develop a personality

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I convinced someone to give wrestling a shot tonight by describing the Black/Dream feud. I fear I've set the bar too high for the future.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

"A Prince impersonator attempts to get a Dutch Satanist's respect through underhanded means" is a good encapsulation of what makes wrestling compelling

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm excited to see my first match of my new favorite wrestler, Lars Sullivan

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TakeOver!!! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841059

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm not one of those people that think Peyton Royce is amazing and deserves the title, but I do love all the videos of the Iconic Duo harassing other wrestlers and generally being adorable together. So go Peyton, long may she reign.

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/931968540621590529

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

great tweet liv makes a lot of sense

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Do we know if this is like the final wargames where the match can end at any time or is it the match beyond rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

Do we know if this is like the final wargames where the match can end at any time or is it the match beyond rules

Match beyond, but you can pin as well as get a submission.

• Locked thread