Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Piper Niven is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Eltoasto posted:

Nikki didn't even dress up...

Nikki Cross is the scariest costume there, so that was a good call.

Also I like that even dead Kairi sticks to the pirate thing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/921888133985206272

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lacey’s daughter keeping kayfabe better than Shane’s kids.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Aphrodite posted:

Lacey’s daughter keeping kayfabe better than Shane’s kids.

Shane's kids were just doing that thing where you laugh when you're really uncomfortable and worried because if you weren't laughing you'd be chewing your finernails to nibs. He probably told them he was going to dive off that cage and demolish his liver or whatever he did, and they were so nervous they were about to vomit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

From the photoshoot they did:

I wonder how long it took them to get a shot where Kairi didn't just burst out into a happy smile? :allears:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I honestly wasn't super excited by the Black/Dream feud at first. It just felt so odd, but it's really starting to heat up. This week's segment was awesome.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Say it with me, all of you:

HAIL

SATAN

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Great to see Mercedes and Candice both showing up for the Battle Royale :woop:

Almas/Strong was an absolute cracker, awesome match

Rarity fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 26, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Solid NXT episode this week.

drat Bianca Belair...

https://twitter.com/BillieKayWWE/status/923348280691560448

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man NXT has been really good these past few weeks.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
That hurricanrama by Selena Vega was so amazing and her and Almas are magic. Great episode of NXT and just more hype for War Games.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man Archibald Peck is all over WWE C shows these days.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Chinston Wurchill posted:

....I missed him. What did he do?

Also, I get that the plotline they've chosen is that Zelina is there to focus Andrade, but I don't get it. His gimmick is what Naito, the most over person in NJPW, took/evolved to become a star. Here, being tranquilo is what makes him lose- he can't just have some bits of that character, flair, and personality, mixed with focus from Zelina?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
jeeeeeesus bianca is not holding back on that hair whip.

that was a really good battle royal once they thinned it out a little bit.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Wazzu posted:

Just hanging out in backstage shots this week in NXT and multiple times in recent weeks on 205 Live.

It's probably not going anywhere as I think he's on the writing staff, but he'd make a good heel manager or tall comedy cruiserweight.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Also, I get that the plotline they've chosen is that Zelina is there to focus Andrade, but I don't get it. His gimmick is what Naito, the most over person in NJPW, took/evolved to become a star. Here, being tranquilo is what makes him lose- he can't just have some bits of that character, flair, and personality, mixed with focus from Zelina?

Ehhhhhhh there’s a bit more happening with Naito than just that. Especially regarding things like taking his sweet time getting to the ring, popping off on how garbage everyone else is, etc.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

zelina is cute

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Tino is so juiced

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

harperdc posted:

Ehhhhhhh there’s a bit more happening with Naito than just that. Especially regarding things like taking his sweet time getting to the ring, popping off on how garbage everyone else is, etc.

I probably spoke poorly. The Zelina character currently in plotline is taking away Andrade's character. His flair, mannerisms, what made him distinct- her purpose is to make him stop doing all that.

Though yes I'm aware Naito has taken the gimmick and transformed it into his own thing.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

bianca should stop whomping on folks so hard with that hair. getting whipped until you bleed is such a lovely thing to happen to you at work.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

freud mayweather posted:

bianca should stop whomping on folks so hard with that hair. getting whipped until you bleed is such a lovely thing to happen to you at work.

Or have the spot be done rarely, and when she does it, only whip people once. She seems to have stuff to be able to get over without it, no reason to be a one note character.

She didn't hurt Billie on the first one, but maybe the 5th or so when she was wildly whipping her.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Battle royal was rad, Velveteen Dream going full slasher film on the ramp was perfect, and Power Trip providing a Takeover theme. NXT is great again.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dream popping up behind Black is one of my all time favorite shots in WWE, ever. loving perfect.

I also irrationally wanted Bianca to win the battle royal so I could see her in Houston. She's quickly becoming a favorite.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Chinston Wurchill posted:

but he is an Indy darling, he wrestled in three sided rings while touring the Ottoman Empire

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phenix Rising posted:

Dream popping up behind Black is one of my all time favorite shots in WWE, ever. loving perfect.

I love that Dream is starting to counter Black's "I'm dark and mysterious" aura with his own "I'm weird as gently caress" one

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Stating the obvious but WWE is moving forward on signing this guy after losing their minds of over him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yrQBctm68

Dying at them using Vanessa Bourne to put him over. Maybe the worst woman on the roster.

The most interesting/novel NXT match from last night that I saw:
https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/923723732975341570

The new NXT coach Johnny Moss. A journeyman type from England who carries a lot of credit within Wrestling but does really have much of a profile with fans especially those in the US:
https://twitter.com/Johnny_Moss/status/923672308354572288

He is more jacked than most of the NXT roster.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Never would've guessed 6 months ago that Velveteen Goddamn Dream would be one of the best parts of NXT

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've seen very little online about this for something so exciting potentially. Ember Moon (Athena) and Mercedes Martinez had one of the better series matches in SHIMMER history 2011/12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngdiq7E1ORw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRF7i5Wdus0

A lot of fans think Mercedes is signed/signing. However, she retained the SHINE tag titles the other week and continues to hold several indie titles. The next SHIMMER taping is in two weeks time and will likely offer the most pronounced hat tip to what Mercedes's future is.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Benne posted:

Never would've guessed 6 months ago that Velveteen Goddamn Dream would be one of the best parts of NXT

I love that his whole thing is that he just wants to be acknowledged as a threat. Like it's such good simple story telling.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I dig Moss & Tino's tag finisher. Too bad everything else about them sucks. (And even that move is something that would be done better by...nearly everyone else.)

Also, I continue to be all in on Bianca Belair. Someday soon she and Montez Ford will take their rightful place on top of everything.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

DoctorDelaware posted:

I dig Moss & Tino's tag finisher. Too bad everything else about them sucks. (And even that move is something that would be done better by...nearly everyone else.)

Hey now. They have good theme music.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Riddick Moss has a weird face, like if miles teller decided to get really jacked or something. I like em alright, but they really don't stand out that much to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Moss and Tino are definition-level generic

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tino has the best body in wrestling. Source: Big Dave

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rarity posted:

Moss and Tino are definition-level generic

They straight up come out of Sunday night heat in 2004.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A New Jersey wrestler/trainer. Was a non contracted guy at OVW during and after the period WWE pulled out. Recently has risen in profile after turning out some talented students like Deonna Purrazzo, Karen Q, Tasha Steelz and Howie Timberché. :

https://twitter.com/Hustler2754/status/923968686892961792

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

DoctorDelaware posted:

Also, I continue to be all in on Bianca Belair. Someday soon she and Montez Ford will take their rightful place on top of everything.

She really has all the ingredients to be a star and they seem to recognize it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Benne posted:

Every once in awhile NXT produces a Rusev or a Velveteen Dream whom people who are dumb write off prematurely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/923914295091580929

• Locked thread