Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Venomous posted:

like, Gargano/Roode kinda makes sense, considering #DIY got Roode over with the Gloriousbombs and all that. If Gargano were to win, they could do the Gargano/Ciampa feud somewhere along the line with a heel Ciampa on the logic that 'you abandoned me, you went for singles gold and glory without me, so now I'm going to destroy you', but I agree that they're probably just gonna do something with some indie dude or something like that.

I don't think they're gonna do a feud based entirely off of internet jokes, but admittedly it would be a more compelling story than NXT has done in awhile.

Tbh if I were booking I'd have Tye overcome his Takeover losing streak to get the belt off Roode, even if it'd be a rehash of Sami's story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean you could set it up like Gargano tries to tweet a Gloriousbomb on his own, then Roode comes out and he's like, nope, gently caress this poo poo, and he just beats the poo poo out of Gargano. But yeah, I kinda think Tye should've been on the main roster ages ago, but an NXT championship run wouldn't do him any harm.

Actually, considering there'd be endless 'TEN' chants at every single show from then on because Tye's getting some attention, and they really don't want that chant getting over organically, it'd probably do him a bit of harm in the long run.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I'm pretty sure once DIY is broken up, and they have their NXT singles feud, they're going to 205 Live.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

I'm pretty sure once DIY is broken up, and they have their NXT singles feud, they're going to 205 Live.
Honestly will 205 Live even be a thing by the time that happens?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly will 205 Live even be a thing by the time that happens?

While they only get 1 minute matches on RAW the show itself is really good

Says I, THE KANG OF THE CROOOSERWEIGHTS

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
The next women's champion.

https://gfycat.com/MarriedTemptingAntlion

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

i dont want billie kay to be champion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that seems like a wildly unlikely misinterpretation of his post!!!!!!! what a rib!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

MotU posted:

i dont want billie kay to be champion

I do.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

If you don't want Billie and Peyton to LayCool the belt then you can get out

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They are grooming Peyton to be the Champion later this year.

A fun minor note is that Shawn Michaels & Undertaker were in attendance at the PC during Io Shirai's tryout.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If Peyton is going to be Champion, she needs a better theme.

https://youtu.be/l8ca54qrUnM

I mean, this is fine for a midcard heel, but a champion needs something a bit tougher.

So, what does that mean for Asuka, then? I assume she's going up, as there's nothing much left for her to do in NXT, besides fight some of the indie favorites.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

John Dudebro posted:

If you don't want Billie and Peyton to LayCool the belt then you can get out

:same:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Go RV! posted:

I mean, this is fine for a midcard heel, but a champion needs something a bit tougher.

So, what does that mean for Asuka, then? I assume she's going up, as there's nothing much left for her to do in NXT, besides fight some of the indie favorites.

I feel like the "all available smackdown women" might be a way to call her up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I feel like the "all available smackdown women" might be a way to call her up.

I really hope so, but more likely it's just a way for Naomi to be a surprise return.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

rovert posted:

They are grooming Peyton to be the Champion later this year.

A fun minor note is that Shawn Michaels & Undertaker were in attendance at the PC during Io Shirai's tryout.

Why Peyton instead of Billie?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

keevo posted:

Why Peyton instead of Billie?

She's a lot better

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
By a mile.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
So far, Oney Lorcan and Andrade Almas had a p good match and Asuka straight up murdered someone

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Shawn Cotureier posted:

So far, Oney Lorcan and Andrade Almas had a p good match and Asuka straight up murdered someone

That was Angel Rose who just debuted at TNA with LAX last week on IMPACT.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
You know how Corey Graves feels about Elias Sampson? That's how I feel about Sanity.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Shawn Cotureier posted:

You know how Corey Graves feels about Elias Sampson? That's how I feel about Sanity.
If they got rid of Eric Young they would be a much better faction 10000000000%

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Go RV! posted:

Asuka still has to break Goldberg's streak before she loses to Ember. I figure she's not up until either after Summerslam or Survivor Series. I can completely see them sending Billy, Peyton, and Liv up after Mania, though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Asuka still has to break Goldberg's streak before she loses to Ember. I figure she's not up until either after Summerslam or Survivor Series. I can completely see them sending Billy, Peyton, and Liv up after Mania, though.

I can see Asuka getting called up after Mania (or even entering the Smackdown Womens Title match), because of the "there is no competition left in NXT" thing, and besides Ember, there is no one who is even remotely credible enough to face her. Have her show up on the RAW or Smackdown after Mania, and in exchange for vacating her NXT title, give her a RAW or SD Women's Title match, so she can continue her reign of terror on the main roster, until she breaks the streak. Because WWE will want to exploit that for ratings if at all possible.

As for the NXT Womens Title, they could use the upcoming Womens Tournament to put the belt on someone.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 23, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A couple of weeks ago Ember's finisher injured Billie Kay. She'll be shooting on Asuka at Takeover.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV posted:

I can see Asuka getting called up after Mania (or even entering the Smackdown Womens Title match), because of the "there is no competition left in NXT" thing, and besides Ember, there is no one who is even remotely credible enough to face her. Have her show up on the RAW or Smackdown after Mania, and in exchange for vacating her NXT title, give her a RAW or SD Women's Title match, so she can continue her reign of terror on the main roster, until she breaks the streak. Because WWE will want to exploit that for ratings if at all possible.

As for the NXT Womens Title, they could use the upcoming Womens Tournament to put the belt on someone.

Nikki Cross is credible. Peyton could be made credible with a good program (maybe have her turn on Billie?). Not to mention the ton of indie talent that was just signed that could just Kassius Ohno their way into the main event.

There's a good division bubbling under the surface here, and I'm actually pretty positive on the directions it can go the rest of the year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Asuka's promo ruled. Her match also ruled,

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Asuka's promo ruled. Her match also ruled,

I'd honestly be fine with her just destroying Ember Moon at Takeover.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm watching NXT TV for the first time in like six weeks because I've heard Asuka is murdering people

they're hyping up Tye/Jose/Roddy vs Sanity and I realized I missed all of these wrestlers a lot :allears:

according to commentary I missed a Cien vs Ho Ho Lun match??? WHERE HAVE I BEEN

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Lovelace made TV already. That's cool.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

okay this is the first UCF episode I've seen and this is literally the worst, deadest wrestling crowd I've ever heard in my life

the average Style Battle match to a crowd of literally tens gets a bigger reaction than any of this

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Even with the lovely crowd, the Lorcan/Almas match is worth checking out A good brawl of a match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Troxartas posted:

Even with the lovely crowd, the Lorcan/Almas match is worth checking out A good brawl of a match

yeah it was actually awesome

holy poo poo allister black is debuting at takeover, rad. I haven't been keeping up with the card, looks like the only other announced matches are Nakamura/Roode, Asuka/Ember Moon, and the tag triple threat (hell yes). who else do we think is getting the remaining slot? since it's not on wikipedia I assume it's not obvious from spoilers?

So seems like the last episode of the taping next week is Heavy Machinery debuting and Ohno/Drifter loser leaves town, that's pretty rad

oh and Allister Black's debut is gonna be against Cien, hell yeah

oh poo poo Ruby Riot! this episode fuckin ruled and reminded me NXT's undercard is still pretty awesome tbh

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 23, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Cien is the main roster Sami Zayn of NXT, except that he deserves a better push than he's getting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well poo poo, didn't expect to see Kazuchika Okada's face appear on this episode of NXT!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/844950984531087360
Bobby is turning 40 this year

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

None of that is especially contingent on age or even experience though. Let's be real, Roode spent 90% of his career in TNA, which is almost anti-experience for WWE. I'd way sooner accept ROH, NJPW, or basically any other indie as viable WWE-transferrable experience than TNA.

Maybe I'm burying TNA too much, but TNA has basically never had bigtime shows or even shows that FELT big. poo poo at least other promotions regularly run Mania weekend shows which would at least put you in front of WWE-ish crowds. I bought AJ coming right in at the Rumble. Because he's AJ loving Styles. Roode was TNA's champ for like a year but if he came in like that I'd be like "really"? Besides, for all we know "polish" could be codespeak for "We're exposing this guy to more of our fans so he gets over and doesn't die a death on the main roster" but they do't want to phrase it like that.

AJ worked because he's AJ AND I firmly believe the ROH/NJPW sojourn got him more valuable experience in WWE terms than a lot of his TNA run. Think of the character work involved in Bullet Club as opposed to say, Fortune in TNA and you'll see what I mean.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jerry Lynn https://twitter.com/WWEIndia/status/844889125295673344

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
All I could think during that Roode/Nakamura promo video was "there's no way Bobby can afford that house in Toronto."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

All I could think during that Roode/Nakamura promo video was "there's no way Bobby can afford that house in Toronto."

That house is 100% in Markham or Woodbridge, haha

• Locked thread