Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

mfw Jacksonville armory NXT tickets go on sale. Second best :10bux: in wrestling, next to the Award Winning WWE Network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Authors of Pain have some D&D rear end names

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Eltoasto posted:

Baltimore is a touring date, you should get all the stars. Jacksonville is a $10 local show so that spoiled rear end idiot can get hosed.

I've never been to a ROH show or any other high profile indie for that matter but I have been to the NXT Jacksonville shows plenty of times. I could not imagine a smarkier crowd to exist. They've had big chants for the 2K video game

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Dawkins does a lot more headband play in his house show matches which I am into.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Textbook forehead powerslam, hes been watching Joe/Butcher

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Blake looks ecstatic, Sara looks like she is about to have a child with Wesley Blake

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Wrestling today needs more carny in the mix IMO and ZZ is still young enough to have a full career post-developmental. I have no idea about that school but if he's still passionate about pro wrestling, that is the right path to go.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Basic Chunnel posted:

Nakamura, Ibushi, they've been dropped on their heads enough I'm not sure they'd be able to tell each other part. Hell, they should bring in AR Fox to make a trio

I suspect Thug Bait disqualifies AR Fox from any WWE look

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

quote:

There's one player who will always be the worst Buccaneer I've ever seen play. The very worst one. The player who will forever be engraved in my memory as the worst football player I've ever seen start a game: Sabby Piscitelli.

I am not exaggerating here. Piscitelli was horrifying. He tried to play safety, but looked more like a safety valve for the offense. He couldn't cover anyone. His angles to tackles were atrocious. He routinely whiffed on tackles even when his angle was good. He caused more blown coverages than anyone I can remember. According to Football Outsiders, he led the NFL in missed tackles in 2009. The entire NFL. And not by any small margin, either: he had 24 missed tackles. No one else even had 20.

Watching Sabby play wasn't just like watching a trainwreck in progress: it was like watching a trainwreck with the absolutely certainty that trainwrecks were to keep occurring play after play, week after week, month after month until Raheem Morris finally accepted that trainwrecks are no way to stop someone from scoring.

http://www.bucsnation.com/platform/amp/2014/8/8/5982589/the-worst-buccaneer-of-the-past-10-years

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sticklefifer posted:

Something I can't believe they haven't learned yet is that you need the song to start immediately to get the fans' attention. Hers should start with the verse when the beat kicks in. Instead it's the stinger, the solo bass melody, then the beat kicks in, which doesn't hype anyone up. Nobody gets a pop when the music isn't loud and catchy immediately. AJ Styles of all people has the same problem with the slow Hammond organ intro - if it started with the BOOM "They don't want none" it'd work way better.

I don't agree with any of this. The explicit purpose of a stinger like Fabulous or AJs organ intro is to get your brain prepared to hearing their theme song. It'd be like taking the glass breaking out of Austin's theme, or cutting If Ya Smell from The Rock's.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I never saw him work on the indies but Oney owns. He was my favorite part of the No Way Jose/Lorcan/Dawkins vs Authors of Pain/Riddick Moss 6-man main event I saw at the last house show I went to.

And then Jose got Oney to dance, which was worth the :10bux: price of admission alone .

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Top Guy Tommy is something I can get behind

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The_Rob posted:

I like Nikki cross she is tiny and adorable and all she wants to do is fight everyone in the world and I support that fully.

Same but for EY

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Blue Pants for the nostalgia pop

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I like Tye's shoulderpanther

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Kassius Ohno on the streets, Chris Hero in the dirtsheets

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The jax armory crowd adores Drake, will call the other refs not-Drake, and he routinely gets the loudest pops of the night there. Its very endearing in person

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Bryan Clarke 2.0 up there is very much my jam.

I saw Steve Cutler at the NXT house show in St Augustine last night, he's incorporating a hatred of immigrants and calling 'civilians' in the front row cowards for not serving. They always say the best characters are extensions of yourself, and Cutler loving kills doing this. Maybe it works more because of all the national guard stuff around the Armory, but man he oozes 100% scumbag with this angle. Love it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
My favorite part was when The Drifter beat up some unknown guy and sang a song about it right in front of me.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Im into Ember Moon and her matches, and I get Buff Bagwell PTSD every time she does her finish

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Otis owns, Tucker *iffy hand gesture* ehhh

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Wesley Blake dressing up for the game he wants and not the game he has

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sticklefifer posted:

How, are Asian wrestlers Highlanders or something?

In WWE they are usually a checked box

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Oh man I would have been so into a Murphy and Jeet team

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I liked Baroness as an Official NXT Takeover Theme

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Benne posted:

I'm looking up Tino's NFL career, and it's actually longer than I remember. Being a second-round draft pick is nothing to sneeze at, he was a legit starter for a few years, and it looks like only injuries cut his career short.

Sabby Piscitelli was The Worst Buccaneer

the SBNation article posted:

I am not exaggerating here. Piscitelli was horrifying. He tried to play safety, but looked more like a safety valve for the offense. He couldn't cover anyone. His angles to tackles were atrocious. He routinely whiffed on tackles even when his angle was good. He caused more blown coverages than anyone I can remember. According to Football Outsiders, he led the NFL in missed tackles in 2009. The entire NFL. And not by any small margin, either: he had 24 missed tackles. No one else even had 20.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Don't get me wrong I think Satan is a hell of a hand, but he never played on Sunday like Riddick & Tino

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Itami working the CWC Brian Kendrick "cant go back" gimmick would be very good

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Asuka's "IT MINE" floored me

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Junpei Hyde posted:

How could a non PC person get into the Performance Center.

Not exactly sure, but throwing piss poo poo milk at the PC will definitely get you shot.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Nice tanktop, but there is no way Shawn is still clean and sober if he stepped onto the SCAD campus

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
At a Florida house show someone heckled Aliyah with "I hope you go down in flames like the real Alliyah" and the fuckin cringe in the armory was palatable

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Mason rules, best NXT fan

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

DangerDummy! posted:

You know why I call Aleister Black "Money"?

'Cause that Black Mass kick is money.

I'm behind on the weekly shows but I can spot a percy watson quote when I see it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I enjoy Billie exponentially more than Peyton but it's tough to give an iconic poo poo about them in general

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Capitus Von Doom posted:

I also took more pictures if anyone wants to see them
https://imgur.com/a/n5SEY

This is the jacksonville armory right? Havent been to a show there in a while but that crowd was real fun when I was going to see every show that came to town.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Last time I saw Steve Cutler his gimmick was gently caress Frigg You & Support The Troops so I guess they just dropped the latter for the tag team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

TheCool69 posted:

I'll always remember seeing an old highlight of Paul Burchill while he was doing his old shooter/hoss gimmick. Just black and white clips of him doing the C4 to some jobbers while that badass Metallica cover of Empire theme blares on

BURCHILL’S MONSTER MOMENTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5n4kNxr16M

• Locked thread