Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

This is Tommy End, right?

Crazy Mary Dobson, allegedly. Makes sense, they need more over women faster than they need new singles dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Its a faction apparently which includes Tommy End

It's much better as a group name than for a person, so I hope this is right.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Otoh we haven't had an actual faction (that is, a group of aligned non-tagging wrestlers) since Sylvester Le Fort managed Rusev and Scott Dawson somehow. The NXTs they are a changin

Speaking of Dawson, I'm also hoping they hold off on the Ciampa/Gargano split for a while, otherwise what do you do for tags? Have the Revival turn babyface against the Authors? I suppose that could work, the Shatter Machine has a lot of 3D-esque babyface pop potential.

(I know TM61 exist, but... like, the AoP just obliterated them like job guys. And they weren't clicking with people even before that.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ciampa stands up for the best man's toast, smashes his champagne flute over Johnny's head and gives him Project Ciampa right in front of his wife.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Has to be a work. Joe's Samoan and jaw is part of the head. Probably a cover for how bad his face hurt Nakamura's knee.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Is tonight just a clip show like after Dallas? I could do with skipping it to reduce my wrestling intake a little bit before the CWC.

I believe it has TM61 vs The Authors of Pain and Tye Dillinger vs one of Blake & Murphy (the less-good one, which I think is Blake?) which were taped before Takeover, so still at the Barclays Centre, but otherwise probably a lot of video packages, and maybe a backstage promo or two, possibly reusing stuff from WWE.com, so possibly skippable.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
NXT tapes tomorrow, CWC quarter-finals the day after, to be specific.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If The Revival are getting called up, they've gotta drop the belts to Gargano and Ciampa at the tapings, I assume?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

beggar posted:

Authors of Pain have some D&D rear end names

They're supposed to be the Road Warriors, so that's fine. Hell of a lot better than 'Konnor' and 'Viktor'

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was hoping they'd get names that were pain-related puns of famous authors, but I was having a hard time coming up with good ones so I don't blame creative for taking the easy way out.

Rudyard Krippling and Thomas Painchon

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

Billie Kay actually owns now, get your poo poo together Spuds Buckley

She gonna trip on her cape soon and it'll be the lady version of Shockmaster. Or maybe that one time HBK got his stripper gear stuck in the ramp.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Asuka/Billie Kay/Ember Moon/Crazy Mary is a good four girls to build the division around. It'd be neat if they signed someone like Hojo, Shirai, or LaRae though
Nikki Storm is pretty good too. Plus they might get Emma back for a while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

The Revival should be faking tags by clapping loudly behind the refs back

YES. Especially if they're in control and could just tag normally. Oh, and do it blatantly so that the ref's admonishing them when the babyface-in-peril gets the hot tag and the ref doesn't see it.

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/768923225631789057

Hero and WWE have been talking the last few weeks. Hero has even told fans.

Yes I was as shocked as you when I heard. A blank slate was enacted when the brand split happened. For example even Melina was considered.

Kings of Wrestling would certainly help fill out one of the tag divisions. And it's not like they're gonna do anything else with Claudio once he's out of the purgatory of wrestling Sheamus 6 more times on the pre-show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

Sin Cara II is American and speaks fluent English

But he has no face, you can't speak without a face!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm watching on delay, but just got to Itami's promo. I kinda like 'kickmans who thinks you're a pussy to sell injuries' as a gimmick for him to set him apart from Nakamura or Ibushi (if the latter's coming in, which seems unlikely now)

EDIT: Oh. TM61 video. :geno:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Delsaber posted:

I'm really not getting what people see in Liv Morgan.

Player 2 Carmella

EDIT: I just realised what that Nakamura segment is. It's "Can he do the opening 20 minute Raw promo segment?" And I think the answer is... if he works on his pronunciation a little... probably!

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 1, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tnimark posted:

I want Samoa Joe to embrace Nakamura's pronunciation of his name and become a beach bum character named Summer Joe.

Nah, Joe's gonna give Shinsuke a rematch because he asked so nicely for Some Mo' Jo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The pop for Booby Roode in Toronto is going to be, dare I say, GLORIOUS

...gently caress, they might cheer him over Nakamura, let alone No Way Jose. That has to be a TV feud, right? And then he works... Murphy or someone in Toronto?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

NXT is running a show in Osaka, Japan after the Australia shows.

Before them, actually. Aussie tour starts on the 5th, the Japan show is the 3rd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Oh man, we get a GarChomp tag match at the live CWC, as if it wasn't going to be good enough already.

I wonder if that's where they do the turn.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Honestly I think TM61 should go heel. I think they would do a great job as an arrogant tag team.

Hell, their old name works great for that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AMReese posted:

They're allowed to say it in a promo, though.
"We are the mighty, and the mighty don't kneel."

Thinking about it, that promo would've lent itself well to an angle like the Ciampa one from last week. Or the Undertaker/Jeff Hardy Brother Nero one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's still "The Mighty", hence "we are The Mighty and The Mighty don't kneel".

Nope, it's supposed to be their WWE names, Thorne and Miller.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Delsaber posted:

Teenage Mutant 61s.

gently caress, it works in Mexico.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MacDougall posted:

I bet they were given the list like Daniel Bryan but it was worse.

Should've done what Enzo did when he was told he couldn't be Eric Anthony.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Who would've thought that ripping off an Iggy Azalea song for a wrestling theme would become instantly dated and lame

I like the WWE one better than the original, but not more that the Weird Al version.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

beggar posted:

I don't agree with any of this. The explicit purpose of a stinger like Fabulous or AJs organ intro is to get your brain prepared to hearing their theme song. It'd be like taking the glass breaking out of Austin's theme, or cutting If Ya Smell from The Rock's.

Also AJ's a big enough star that it works. It kind of fizzles if you get all that pomp for, like, the Hype Bros, but for the WWE champion it's fine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume the Authors are going into a feud with DIY, presumably leading to Johnny and Tommaso losing the belts due to Johnny's stupid stick legs breaking, then Ciampa snaps.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I don't like Daria because she doesn't look like a Mortal Kombat character.

Sure she does, she looks like Cassie Cage, except with less cultural appropriation.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

That was probably the best worked match of her career.

That or the Trish match from the Toronto WM, yeah. The former might be better worked, but the latter had more stakes due to the angle (an angle that I wish I could say wouldn't fly today but they basically ran it with Paige and AJ about 18 months ago)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AMReese posted:

Cross-post from Twitter thread since it's RE: TakeOver
https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/801976455773220864

Right Owens right.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're still talking about doing a women's tournament in January, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I hope Ricochet doesn't have enough leverage when if he ever signs a contract to bring along Tessa.

I don't think it'd take much given her last name?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or do like a wheelbarrow on the second guy so he can see the landing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

tbh the main event of Takeover Orlando should be Revival vs #DIY in a street fight or bunkhouse brawl or whatever they want to call it

San Antonio, you mean, or do you want that held off until April?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I actually think it's the opposite: no Takeovers at Full Sail means the folks that would come don't bother because you don't get great matches/nothing 'important' happens at TV. There's only so many times they can have a big indie or returning star do an in-ring promo or be on the big screen before it stops working.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nnnnngh.... love obvious masked gimmicks to get around loser leaves town stips, but it's Samson.... So conflicted....

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They also did a soft reboot around Mania where they brought in new belts, new logos and theme music for the TV and started featuring people like Ohno, Black, Riot, Heavy Machinery and Strong more. It's refreshing because it feels like they're not just using the same 3 people that were there since before Sami came up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bobby Roode is not a nice man and I hope he gets backbreakered a lot. <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

So she's probably not taking a Burning Hammer.

No, she's the Kendrick of the tournament, so clearly she's delivering one.

• Locked thread