Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I would agree, but why have the shirts made if they're gonna break up?

(I'm a sucker for :love: friendship :love: in wrestling i'm looking for any excuse for them to stay together)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
it's because they weren't allowed to be called TMDK

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
eat up matha

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Was there any dirtsheets about Eric Young and Sanity before the taped spoilers?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, I started noticing this a while ago. It's either words or a logo now. I think it started with Orton's IN MY VEINS. I don't know if it's because it's easier to edit video packages around or because nobody looks at tron videos anymore, but it's been happening for a while now.

I think it just looks corny, especially with their new stage with the super wide tron and the ramp graphics. The new graphics do a way better job at setting the mood instead of looking like someone making a Counter-Strike frag film, and a million slams and suplexes set to the beat of the song.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/795644369672044544

this guy looks like he's holding up his own pecs and it's really makin me laugh

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

AMReese posted:

Huh, wonder why Casey deleted the tweets about the two dudes. Did they change their mind, or was he wrong, or what?

He deleted his whole account last night, seems to be back now.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: They are suspending Paul Ellering in a cage for the Dusty Classic Finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDy6MAXNP1s

this is loving brilliant. it's a drat good justification to do something silly and gimmicky while acknowledging the silliness of it, but still having it have a real in-purpose storyline, and it has a link to history. i love it.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

abraham linksys posted:

looking forward to finding a 7am periscope stream of this Joe/Nakamura match in a couple weeks :)

i thought japan was going to be on the network

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

projecthalaxy posted:

We are getting a new title contender now, right? As much as I like Nak, it seems like those two have been facing exclusively each other for a year.

E: Also, Aries should start doing a Cowboy Bob Orton/Lex Luger gimmick where he hits people with his eye socket as a cheating tactic.

Joe vs Nak is going to be at Japan. That could logically be the last match, assuming he doesn't just win it back in Japan, giving Joe his contractual rematch

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Anyone got a mirror to the video since the original tweet went down?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Benne posted:

0 new posts an hour into this week's episode.

Maybe they should rethink the whole "put month-old house shows on the Network" idea.

I'm watching vOv

but I"m never the type that posts in gameday threads anyway. It's a fun episode, really like the crowd interactions in the Roode/Samson Dillinger/Murphy match.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Agreed.

I wonder if the lack of posts here is indicative of a larger trend among the Network/NXT audience. It seems to be consistent with looking at this week's threads on SquaredCircle too. Sure, it's not as good as it was at it's peak, but at it's peak it was probably the best wrestling show on the planet. Right now, it's still good but with clear flaws. I'd put it above Raw, but below/on par with Smackdown. So to me, the huge apparent dropoff just seems a little strange.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Sugar Blaster posted:

tyler bate's music sounds like the theme from an 80's sitcom about a pair of odd couple bachelors who share an apartment in NYC.

it's just a knockoff cover of peter gabriel sledgehammer which he actually used

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
have to post the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10YocEr66A

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
He's been so much better as a heel but yea, damaged goods on NXT for sure.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Drew's old theme could manage to suck the air and excitement out of the largest arenas in the world with no effort. I remember deafening silence for his entrances and it wasn't always because of his character.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I really enjoy the new graphics package even if the theme song is bad.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
nxt is good again/was always good

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
NXT is good again (or was it NXT is always/never good I don't remember)

for real, the Roddy thing was good, Aleister Black still looks like he should be the next big thing, and Ruby Riot and Nikki is finally giving her something fun.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Phenix Rising posted:

He got he straight in the loving mouth. The slo-mo replay from the other angle showed it and it was sick.

So happy for Dunne. I didn't know any of the U.K. dudes before the tournament but he quickly became my favorite. He's such a creepy little weirdo.

Also, they didn't tape a bunch of stupid NXT episodes at Takeover, did they? I hate when the next two or three episodes of NXT are bullshit nonsense because they were taped before Takeover. Really kills the post-Takeover shows.

i don't know what kind of bullshit eps you're referring to, we get Velveteen Dream!

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I wonder if a lot of it is intentionally booking like the 80s. Hogan or the other champions never defended the title on pay TV, and it was only a few times a year. The pace seems way similar to 80s/90s as opposed to 00s/today.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Almas losing makes way more sense storyline wise, especially after him trying to suplex the guy who's just way fuckin bigger than him. Once again, way better than the spoilers made it out to be. Especially with him not giving a poo poo after the loss.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

VJeff posted:

Yo can I get a watchlist on Sami Zayn

Wow. quoted for racism.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cavauro posted:

Rovert mentioned that Mauro would be joining the NXT broadcast team a while back, in response to Dave meltzer incorrectly stating that mauro was actually named mario and he was extremely "missing" currently.

i'm so glad that somebody found the 5 missing pages of the observer in all the major cities worldwide

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Basic Chunnel posted:

not great at improvising promos

still love this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svG-viyxKJE

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
They obviously played the whole line of "he's a genius he's going to weaken down his opponent by having Roddy beat him up next week" but I hope they have Bobby do something next week, too.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Street Profits are amazing once again in their interactions with Lars.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
They stopped stopping matches for blood a while ago, they just do the gloves now.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
ReDragon attacking them after the match certainly makes Sanity the faces, but I have a feeling their feud will end up with ReDragon the smark faces.

Normally this whole shades of grey crap doesn't work, but hearing the response between AoP and Sanity which should've been a heel vs heel match end up being really hot made it work. That and Sanity playing the faces in peril looking for the hot tag. I wish they mixed it up by having a AoP hot tag too.

spongeh fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 21, 2017

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Rochester is only like an hour from his hometown, so that could be why.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
finally, a DLC character that jacks all the sliders to the right built in.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Eltoasto posted:

So only men count and only if they started their wrestling career in the last 4 years? Gosh, shocking that none of them have the highest titles in the whole company.

also they don't count if they've ever wrestled a match outside of NXT, based on previous discussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

beggar posted:

Last time I saw Steve Cutler his gimmick was gently caress Frigg You & Support The Troops so I guess they just dropped the latter for the tag team

so they're keeping the white supremacist gimmick huh?

• Locked thread