Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Tommy End, Crazy Mary Dobson, a repackaging/debut of someone who hasn't been on TV (ever or for a while). Who knows. It would be weird if they bypassed Tommy End's Satanism for Apocalypticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

People like hating The Revival, and they make natural heels. I would imagine that they wouldn't put them against the Authors of Pain, but rather just start pairing up people.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

It's not like it would be hard for The Revival to go up against bigger guys. They always focus on a particular limb in their matches, so all they have to do is focus on their legs so they remain below them. Not like I see them facing off against the Authors of Pain. The Dudley Boys are hardly that much bigger, especially height-wise, and we don't even know how long they're going to stay together.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

shiksa posted:

i mean, props to joe's acting cause man he sold that real realistically.
Well, considering it's Joe, it's very likely he knows the feeling of having an injured jaw.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Not like Noam Dar can't just hitch a ride with someone else until he learns how it works, either. Just ask questions and whatnot.

It's not the first time he's been in the US, either. He did a few matches here for TNA, after all.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I don't think you're getting LaRae without Joey Ryan, and I'm pretty sure they don't want Joey Ryan.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

oatgan posted:

Whys that
Edit: I thought her and Joey Ryan were still a thing, because that was the thing discussed last time she was brought up. My bad.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Just think. Cien can be the new Hunico.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Considering it's pretty clear he had no idea what Bobby Roode was saying to him during their promo during the final NXT before TakeOver, it's a safe bet that he has a lot to learn.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Oh, I don't know. It was New York, and there was absolutely zero chance you were going to get them to cheer for Cien over Roode. The best Cien could do, which is what he did, was get the crowd on his side at least a little. The structure of the match seemed to give Roode plenty of chances for him to play to the crowd, so they knew.

Cien's music is still awesome, though.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, that mostly happened during his debut. I'm surprised that didn't become the norm because it worked so well.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You say "few", but that's still more than there's been in years where "none" was the case.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Let's just not talk about Corpus Christi...

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Go RV! posted:

There was a very distinct shot of a woman walking, which stood out from everything else in that package, so I'm fairly sure this is Crazy Mary.
I interpreted it as a woman running away. There was also an obvious man clenching his fist.

Possible stable including Tommy End and Crazy Mary?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, I guess taking the risk to go from Japan to America to gain recognition there and winning the top belt in WWE development is enough of an accomplishment to say he deserves it for his willingness to take such chances?

I'm not sure how you'd put that into a chant, though. "IT WORKED OUT! IT WORKED OUT! IT WORKED OUT!"

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/771136309800775680

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

No, gently caress you, I want heel Ciampa

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Nobody wants heel Gargano

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, yeah, but that was because he was desperate to remain champion. That doesn't really factor in here, and I doubt he'd really pull it off with the kind of reactions he gets in NXT.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm surprised Vince didn't try to grab that Tongan dude. Both physically and for the WWE.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Man, Max Payne got jacked

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You know, seeing that 6'1" height, I've always wondered whatever happened to Aloisia...

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I think the NXT crowd is similar to the early TNA crowd. The passion is still there, I mean.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Kansai just naturally sounds intimidating and is used for a lot of villains of movies and when portraying Yakuza in Japan.

It's probably similar to how people view the New York and northern Jersey accents when people like De Niro and Pesci use it, respectively.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

shane Thorn, nick Miller, country code 61

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

spongeh posted:

it's because they weren't allowed to be called TMDK
They're allowed to say it in a promo, though.
"We are the mighty, and the mighty don't kneel."

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Especially the beginning of their theme, and the theme itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQWVf2v_WE8

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

First of all, didn't realize Tim Wiese was that dark. I guess it might just be the lighting, but still.
Second, when did Scotty 2 Hotty get his hair back?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/775032915956727808

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Do you hate our troops, stick?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

What a nasty thing to do. Don't drag people down with you. If someone in the company wants to leave, let them share it, not you.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

About two weeks too late, rovert

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

John Belushi's Chinese nephew has fallen on hard times

Grozz Nuy posted:

WWE's insistence on forcing (or at the very best strongly encouraging) every female employee to get cosmetic surgery is still super sketchy

Is that even still a thing, or is that just the talent themselves deciding to do that? I mean, from what I've seen, most aren't getting that work done, but I could be wrong.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/wresnocontext/status/776217161413033984

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'd say she's more 5'0" if not 5'1". Either way, she's above dwarf height. I would believe if she was a legit dwarf, there would be health problems or at the very least problems with her mobility. There are accomplished dwarf gymnasts, even Olympians, but I doubt she could keep such a thing secret if she were legitimately one.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Sawyer Fulton has changed... or as @johnblud calls him, "Max Moon 2016"

And uh... what the gently caress is up with your rear end, Tino?

AMReese fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 16, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Is WWE even ripping off TNA? I mean, the whole "mentor and pupil eventually clash" thing has been going on for wrestling for decades, even since Zbyzsko and Sammartino fought. The Wyatt Compound thing was established even before Bray debuted but I'll agree that it was obvious they did it in response to Final Deletion.

I can point to a lot more instances of TNA ripping off WWE than vice versa, but I guess people just like to talk about the bigger company stealing from the smaller one.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I would have gone tonight since I live in Des Moines, but I had no one to go with and I'd rather not go on my own.

Sad times, man

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

put itami+tm61 in the roh trios tournament please
After they teased Itami and TM61 when TM61 were first being mentioned to go to NXT, I'm surprised they haven't put them together at least on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

There's a reason why people call Roode "Triple H Lite"

• Locked thread