Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

AMReese posted:

Not like Noam Dar can't just hitch a ride with someone else until he learns how it works, either. Just ask questions and whatnot.

It's not the first time he's been in the US, either. He did a few matches here for TNA, after all.

also this tweet kinda implies he can drive in the US already

https://twitter.com/NoamDar/status/767549958539149312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

At some point they should really pair him with a couple of other underutilised heels and form a faction called the Roode Boys

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So who gives Nakamura his first loss? Joe? Almas? Roode? Like, folks were saying that Itami was going to usurp Nakamura's title, but now there aren't any other credible opponents for him apart from those three, Murphy and I guess Aries.

They've kinda written themselves into a corner.

e: alternatively, break up Gallows and Anderson (because they're never going to win the titles, at least not before December), send Anderson down to NXT, set up a feud between him and Nakamura, then boom, credible champion

Venomous fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 13, 2016

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

AMReese posted:

It's a shame that Tucker doesn't get to say "NICO, MY COUSIN" during promos.

I am now disappointed that we are never going to get a Bogojevic/Reigns tag team

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Calling it now, AoP win the Dusty Classic, GarCiamp beat The Revival for the titles, AoP destroy GarCiamp at some point in the future, TM-61 beat them somewhere down the line.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If they're really bringing in Rush and Volador Jr., an Almas/Nakamura feud might well work in the same way that Reigns/Styles worked so well. Otherwise, they're going to throw Roode at Nakamura and it will be glorious.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Screw Roode/Nakamura, I want Dillinger/Nakamura. He spent so much time as a jobber, but now he's red hot. This is the perfect time to redo Sami's storyline using the momentum he would get by beating Roode. Have him go on a big quest all the way to the next Takeover, beating all the dudes who crushed him along the way, all the former champions (except Joe), with Sami himself coming last to complete the parallel. Have him ultimately face the invincible Nakamura for the strap and achieve the impossible. Put NXT back in the hands of someone the crowd sees as an NXT guy instead of an Indy Name.

10/10

...actually, heck yes. He'd be the 10th NXT Champion as well. I'd buy that.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

He's over but he's in the same position that Heath Slater and Tyler Breeze are

so he'll debut in the Rumble at #10, after which he'll be signed to Smackdown, get over because Ryan Ward is a competent writer and eventually become the next IC champion?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'd be cool if they just jettison the whole Itami/Aries angle and just call Itami up with Joe when he's healed. They can do it again if they send Aries to Smackdown anyway.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if this decision has anything to do with the election, they made the right choice

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

idk about Otis and Tucker but if they prevent TM61 from becoming the top babyface tag team in NXT I'll be happy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

:agreed:

Hopefully they just have the Takeovers be on the weekends of the "big 4" and then have another one between WM and SummerSlam to keep it from dragging.

Eh, they should've had one this year between Summerslam and Survivor Series at Full Sail, like Respect last year. Otherwise, yeah.

If Nakamura's winning the title back in Japan, I really hope they just say 'gently caress it, Joe's moving to the main roster starting now' and set up Nakamura/Itami for San Antonio. Aries is already on the main roster, judging by his appearance at 205 Live yesterday, so it isn't much of a stretch to jettison the Aries/Itami feud until further notice and pull the pin on Itami before he's injured again.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 30, 2016

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

I also envision Samoa Joe and Nakamura not being locked in NXT feuds for the next two years.

if they had any sense they'd debut Joe today, preferably against Cena

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 27, 2016

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so are they gonna do a Gargano NXT title run or

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

like, Gargano/Roode kinda makes sense, considering #DIY got Roode over with the Gloriousbombs and all that. If Gargano were to win, they could do the Gargano/Ciampa feud somewhere along the line with a heel Ciampa on the logic that 'you abandoned me, you went for singles gold and glory without me, so now I'm going to destroy you', but I agree that they're probably just gonna do something with some indie dude or something like that.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean you could set it up like Gargano tries to tweet a Gloriousbomb on his own, then Roode comes out and he's like, nope, gently caress this poo poo, and he just beats the poo poo out of Gargano. But yeah, I kinda think Tye should've been on the main roster ages ago, but an NXT championship run wouldn't do him any harm.

Actually, considering there'd be endless 'TEN' chants at every single show from then on because Tye's getting some attention, and they really don't want that chant getting over organically, it'd probably do him a bit of harm in the long run.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Shinsuke Nakamura just isn't a draw guys

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ruby Riot'll probably be good

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Catching up on a couple of Takeover matches rn. I really like Ally Black's theme and entrance. Holy poo poo he looks threatening as heck in all the best ways. Major props to him.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

The debuting guy and the "dude in the crowd" from last years Mania Takeover were in the main event this year, so a safe bet would be McIntyre/Black for Takeover:New Orleans.

Ouch, demoted from Vince McMahon's chosen one to Some Guy In NXT. What a pity.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Guessing he'll have the same kind of contract that Gargano and Ciampa had where he's allowed to work indies for a few months until he joins the WWE full time.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Thought they were doing Itami/Roode at Takeover?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Welp, looks like The Revival are gonna redebut after Bad Blood

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, it's probably a much better idea for him at this point to just duck out and take Shibata's slot in the G1.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Fire Hideo Itami and let KENTA go back to Japan and beat the poo poo out of folks in NOAH or NJPW or wherever, because that was the best chance he'll ever get in the WWE

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

TM61 were going to have what seemed like a pretty good program with The Revival. Instead, one of them got injured and The Revival went on to have one of the greatest triple threat tag matches of all time with #DIY and the Authors of Pain, and now they're back when NXT's super good again, so idk if that's a good thing or what

• Locked thread