Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

AMReese posted:

Well, that mostly happened during his debut. I'm surprised that didn't become the norm because it worked so well.

That entrance was far and away the most cinematic shot I've seen all year from WWE. I've probably watched it a dozen times and it's just perfect, with the silhouetted figure, the darkness, the name appearing and the figure moving in only the way Nakamura can in front of it. loving brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got tickets for the Theater at MSG house show but then my buddy decided he didn't want to pay $100 for a seat, so we're thinking of just getting tickets 4 hours beforehand on stubhub or something.

I really wanted ringside seats but they're quite expensive.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I bought tickets for the NXT NYC show but I ended up returning them because loving hell they were expensive for just a house show. $100 a seat for good (not great, not nosebleed) seats on a weeknight got to be too much for me and my buddy who were thinking about going.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MacDougall posted:

Tyler Bate is 19. Holy poo poo.

I'm pretty sure the Tyler Driver 97 is named after the year of his birth, 1997. We're all old.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Black is everything wwe thinks Corbin is. Black looks cooler, is in better shape, is loving awesome in ring, and legit has an intimidating presence. Corbin just looks like your friends lovely older brother who deals weed to middle schoolers.

Corbin is tall though.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

I guess Takeover Brooklyn 3 went on sale today? If you're looking to go it looks like the market is definitely not as hot as it was last year, tickets are easy to get.

After last year and paying $50 for nosebleeds when you could get upper bowl seats for the same price on Stubhub a couple days before, that's what I'm doing this year. Also, they were doing fewer Takeovers the past couple of years, so there was a clear idea as to what the Brooklyn card would be far out, whereas now very little is known other than Asuka/Ember II.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I was following the ticket prices for Brooklyn and it looks like I can get a decent deal. Here's the problem, as I see it: I don't want to give money to one of Trump's biggest donors. I don't have the network, I rarely watch the TV. I've gotten various reactions from friends after asking for some sort of moral guidance and it varied from "eh, it'll be ok" to "go but donate an equal amount to the ADL" to "that's a good point, boycott it". I know this is hardly the place for moral authority, but I'm seriously unsure as to whether or not I want to go this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

dromal phrenia posted:

buying the ticket in any way will wind up giving you mental stress over whether you've compromised your morals or not. you won't be able to fully enjoy the experience and you'll wrestle (lol) with feelings of regret and be unsure if you've done the right thing.

you don't follow the product anyway, so you won't be missing much. it's not like you're a devoted superfan.

i say don't go. still donate to the ADL though

Thanks for that. You helped me realize that I'd be agonizing all night if I decided to go but by not going I don't have that weight on my shoulders. Takeover Brooklyn was real fun the past two years but as someone, as Max Brooks put it, Jewish enough for Dachau, the right thing is to boycott.

• Locked thread