Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So Tye's finisher is just an ushigoroshi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like they'd be on TV if it was 2014 NXT.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Huh. Wonder if they'll try and get Drew back if the blank slate thing is true.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Roque11 posted:

So would that be the case with Cesaro's deal expiring soon? I wouldn't be shocked, but I wonder about time lines. Cesaro first signed in Sept 2011. I always thought WWE usually signs people to 3 year deals. Being that he's been with WWE for 5 years he obviously renewed at some point and i wonder if it was in 2014 or 2015. Unless there are some details I don't know about.

I thought I remembered hearing about Cesaro re-signing a couple years back, but I'm not certain. I'd be surprised if he gave up Raw money though. He's honestly not in that bad of a position.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DM Punk posted:

I found Ethan Page's NXT gimmick already.

Ethan "Default CAW" Page

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just call him Cien and be done with it.

oatgan posted:

Sin Cara II is American and speaks fluent English
It's weird that a lot of people still give him Mistico's reputation for some reason. Hunico owns.

Hunicowns.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda wish his name on the tron was the first announcement of him coming to NXT, after weeks of Regal saying "I've searched the globe to find the perfect opponent for you."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think the bigger news there is that Cornette publicly states an opinion that doesn't make everyone want to smack him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They're going to do some kind of carny as gently caress angle when Vince dies and it's going to be amazing. I bet it's in his will.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nice to see Steve Cutler is keeping the Lash Leroux spirit alive.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dawkins is in fact The Real Deal Now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really want them to do something different with Gargano and Ciampa. Have them rise up the ranks of NXT, then WWE, with everyone thinking they're going to split and one is going to turn against the other. But no, friendship prevails and they're BFFs forever, and sometimes they challenge each other to singles matches because it's fun.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AMReese posted:

No, gently caress you, I want heel Ciampa

What if they both turned heel and were heel buddies though

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They'd add a woman permanently to the commentary table just so they could run a gimmick where she drools over him incessantly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

abraham linksys posted:

dude's fuckin ugly but maybe it's just the terrible hair throwing me off

If Baron Corbin and Jack Swagger mated.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A lot of people who translate promos for Dragon Gate have mentioned issues with understanding CIMA as well, and he's from Osaka too. I especially notice his rolling r's.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 8, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't put my finger on it, but Steve Cutler kinda bums me out. It's like when an acquaintance or neighbor recommends a mechanic because it's their nephew, and you take your car to him and he's alright, but you know there's better stuff in town. He's perfectly serviceable, but why.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I am sad that Dean Malenko is going to be fired for telling Alberto to tell Andrade to go back to Mexico.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Eltoasto posted:

Your examples are Dana and Billie Kay and you think they get a bigger push? Who else has had them recently?
They told Eva Marie to take time off for "training (wink wink)" but she couldn't take a hint.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dordreff posted:

Dana's now attached to Charlotte on Raw, and Billie Kay has actual entrance music now. Compared to what they had before, they are technically getting a bigger push.

Billie Kay was on Smackdown a couple months ago too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's all because Kevin Dunn still has a Grima Wormtongue-like sway over Vince and rasps into his ear "She needs some tiiiiitttsssssssssss...." every time a woman appears on TV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

The longer Asuka goes undefeated the bigger of a problem it's gonna be unless they sign some super-indy prospect or Joshi to take the title off her. :v:

Sign Hojo pls

They've kind of got this massive crop of new women right now while not really doing anything with them. Asuka's firmly on top with the gap left by Bayley/Alexa/Nia's departures, but they should've used the last several months building up Billie and Peyton too (which they sort of have with the former, but not by much). Ember just debuted, Liv is still really green, and then off the top of my head there's Aliyah, Santana, Deonna, Nikki, Mandy, Daria, Rachel, and they keep signing more. It's a good future crop, but there are so many people on the roster that most of them won't get TV time unless the format changes toward the next Takeover.

What I do like is that for all but the title scene, NXT's undercard has felt a bit more like developmental again recently, the way it did before and during the first few Takeovers.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 15, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

abraham linksys posted:

so this is a relatively minor spoiler, but we now know who Sanity is: Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton. bit of a letdown

I fully expected to read the words "the new Ascension" in those tags.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MacDougall posted:

If they treat them well and have a really good plan around their character development and keep them really focused on their character the Mad Max Fury Road stuff could get over and people would like it.

If they half rear end it it will come off absolutely ridiculous and Full Sail will poo poo on it really badly.

So basically The Ascension at Full Sail or The Ascension in the WWE.

Or they'll keep them together when they get called up and The Ascension will join them anyway. Or they'll join The Ascension, since their whole "wasteland" thing already exists.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope the singalong stops or at least lessens if Nakamura gets called up. I'd mind it much less if Full Sail could carry a goddamn tune, but it's like they're determined to go off key immediately.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Venomous posted:

At some point they should really pair him with a couple of other underutilised heels and form a faction called the Roode Boys
This name would also work in a tag team with Sami Zayn.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked how he wasn't even the best Rhyno on the roster.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

They just showed an advert for WM 33 and the whole place started booing :lol:

What are we calling it this time, Wrestlemania Sun or Wrestlemania Butthole?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Shining Stars or death

Timeshare buyer spotted.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Riley probably thought they were making him President.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, why the hell hasn't Tye been getting countout victories left and right? That poo poo writes itself.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:pray: Please please let Itami and Ibushi fight each other after they lose in the tournament. There's like no other time that match could possibly happen otherwise, and outside of NOAH tag matches I don't think it's ever happened before. If not for the Itami/Aries feud that could easily be a Takeover bout.

Sockser posted:

NXT is suffering from having its roster decimated. You lost the four horse women (plus Alexa and Nia), you lost Sami, Owens, Neville, Finn, Enzo and Cass, I guess Gargano and Ciampa, probably Joe in the near future

The specials are absolutely awesome but there's not too much top talent to bring me (and I'm sure others) in for the weeklies anymore.
It's almost like NXT is a developmental show featuring new up and coming wrestlers.

(aside from big indie stars surrounding the titles, anyway)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

spudsbuckley posted:

It's always been that
:thejoke:, but as far as the current crop not being as good, ehhh not really. Older NXT/FCW was pushing pre-oblivious heel Bo Dallas as a superface in the main event for literally years, and its midcard was lame as hell with only a few bright spots for quite some time. It only started getting really good shortly before the first Takeover. The fun part for me at least was watching people develop their characters, not watching newbies struggle to put on a good match. The matches were rarely memorable.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Super No Vacancy posted:

always enjoy the 'nxt has always been bad' defense to criticism
Not at all what I said, but go nuts if you want to read it that way I guess. What I'm saying is FCW and early post-competition NXT definitely had bright spots, but when the undercard was mostly developmental green wrestlers who hadn't found characters yet, the wrestling matches in the undercard weren't the fun part. Around the time the Takeovers started it became consistently great for a very long time. Then a bunch of people were called up and now it's back to mostly green people without defined characters again, but with indie/international stars on top this time. I still enjoy it, just saying it's been closer to its original purpose and format lately.

AMReese posted:

I mean, who cares about the Bollywood Boyz?
I do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Full Sail audience trying to dance to the Bollywood Boys' entrance was quite possibly the whitest thing I've ever seen.

MinibarMatchman posted:

not sure if it's a spoiler still about who's in Sanity but for anyone who already knows, I had questions about the people involved: I know Nikki Storm is great and I know who Eric Young is but does anybody have any thoughts on Alex Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton? No idea what they're like or what their pedigree is.

The former only signed a year ago but has been on the indies for a long time and was wXw champ for a time. He seems pretty decent though I haven't seen him a whole lot of his stuff. The latter has been jobbing in NXT for like 4 years and used to tag with Angelo Dawkins. He never stood out much to me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They should've had Bronson Matthews debut instead of Dan Matha, just to nail home the point that Tough Enough was a complete wash and that Patrick and Mandy were the people they really wanted to win instead.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wouldn't her going to NXT have to not happen until several months after her brief LU appearance?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sanity's entrance theme sounds like Primus remixed by a fart machine.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not sure that would help. From the looks of it, it was done by his buddy named Sal who learned how to tattoo in prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

Honestly, neither Gail Kim nor Mickie James should get the rub of looking like they're remotely on Asuka's level when they're both pushing 40 and not coming back to WWE long term so it should matter less who's going to put on the technically better match and who's going to make Asuka look better when she destroys her.

I would totally buy a Victoria comeback. I don't even care that she's 45.

• Locked thread