Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That's a sweet message, and only becomes sad when I picture her finish typing it and in the corner of the room, Vince power walks out of the shadows and drags her away by her ponytail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i volunteer to be next to be destroyed by asuka's rear end

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Yeah with my favorites gone, I don't watch NXT on Wednesdays anymore. I'll go back and check it out if I hear something interesting happened, and I'm still interested in Nakamura or Revival matches, but overall my interest is focused on Smackdown and Talking Smack right now.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

give tye dillinger a world destroying finisher like a spinning double-underhook piledriver and have him pin people for a 10 count

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

wait, this one cuts out too early! where's the one where the fan basically falls over the barricade trying to swing at him

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Mickie James should have an Asuka stalker gimmick

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

that's a stupid, lovely reason for not pushing pretty boy tye, but now im thinking about how confused a new fan would be about a countout where every number is ten.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

he can't go by KO, which i think was the whole point of the name (and also maybe yelling OH NO when he elbows some mook's face off)

and he also can't go by 'big kass' in tribute to his big beautiful body

i suggest the unused yet much beloved 'Lloyd Boner'

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

They are just some warm bodies. Put Breezango in their place and nothing changes in the actual storylines.

put breezango in their place and make breezango merchandise and roll around in piles of money

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

why wouldnt peyton and billy kay just double-team everyone the whole time?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

why would Almas be authority and not LOS INGOBERNABLES :confused: :mad: :madfused:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

WWE NXT Discussion & GDT: Developmental Lives DON'T Matter

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

rename SAnitY to Hacktivist and give them a Watch Dogs 2 or Mr Robot gimmick

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

only if we get sami callahan back as part of the deal

sami says no but we can get Bull Dempsey or Sylvester LeFort to take Sami's old gimmick, will that work?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I don't like when they change a name completely despite the wrestler already having some sort of story on TV. They did it with Daria and now Dylan Miley, as if we are just supposed to forget whole segments of TV where they were interviewed and the name was said over and over. I'm fine with tweaking characters until something works but figure out the name poo poo before throwing someone on TV in a non-jobber role.

they should just kill off the old character and introduce the new character as their twin, out for revenge

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MotU posted:

satan owns, idiot

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

should i catch up on recent NXT shows or just watch takeover and see the recap video packages?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

PSYCHO KILLA

QU'EST-CE QUE C'EST

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i looked up Gunner because i thought he was charlotte's ex that abused her, but actually he's a former marine with a finisher called PTSD

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Benne posted:

Serious question: What does Crazzy Steve bring to the table that would make him an NXT asset in 2017? Don't say "veteran hand" because they already have a billion of those guys.

Maybe he can be SAniTy's mandatory jobber?

I don't know anything about CRAZZY STEVE so in my mind he looks like Prince of Punk-style Shannon Moore

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

If they couldn't use Chris Hero because they want to trademark it or whatever, he should just be Bob Hero.

And he should start doing some moves like Bob from Tekken.

And he should get even fatter.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

i need a pic of the fat guy. the stock "fat wrestling fan" for me has always been the guy in the sandman jersey who turned his back on that one hhh match so if there's a new contender i have to see him.

this guy was way fatter. he was completely gigantic.

i searched 'nxt fat fan' and the first GIS result is Kassius Ohno so...

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Please... Mr. Semen is my father's name

Semen is my first name, Semen von Muscles

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Kenny's more of a living game character IMO. He used to be a bit more anime (then again I think he stopped using the shoryuken which was part of what made him a video game)

I wish a wrestler was an anime. They'd be the greatest and also the worst.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Hot take: Ember has a better finish

Her finish is likely to gently caress up her hips or, i dunno, tailbone in the long run

Kenny's is probably pretty safe for him, although a botch might legit murder his opponent

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Hoho Lun's real name is Wei Shen, and he's been working undercover trying to expose the Triads. Sleeping Dogs 2: Wei-amania coming soon to Steam!

wei shen is like 9001x more scary and intimidating than ho ho lun

although seeing ho ho lun as a psychopathic cop x gang member that snaps kneecaps at the slightest provocation would be an interesting gimmick if he ever comes back

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

paul ellering would have gotten involved except sanity ripped up his book and that had all his plans on what to do if this happened

he can't coach right without his playbook :negative:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

asuka should only lose when she is distracted by james ellsworth and rolled up by carmella, the princess of staten island

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Asuka will debut as... *spins wheel of lovely dumb bad decisions that suck* ...Dolph Ziggler's valet!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

rovert posted:

The tag team of Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake has been green lit for NXT TV going forward:

Someone who goes local NXT shows described them as having an "unspoken twang of a racist Revival". So watch out Street Prophets.

lol so blake is back and going to be on TV regularly while Murphy isn't?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

I was following the ticket prices for Brooklyn and it looks like I can get a decent deal. Here's the problem, as I see it: I don't want to give money to one of Trump's biggest donors. I don't have the network, I rarely watch the TV. I've gotten various reactions from friends after asking for some sort of moral guidance and it varied from "eh, it'll be ok" to "go but donate an equal amount to the ADL" to "that's a good point, boycott it". I know this is hardly the place for moral authority, but I'm seriously unsure as to whether or not I want to go this year.

buying the ticket in any way will wind up giving you mental stress over whether you've compromised your morals or not. you won't be able to fully enjoy the experience and you'll wrestle (lol) with feelings of regret and be unsure if you've done the right thing.

you don't follow the product anyway, so you won't be missing much. it's not like you're a devoted superfan.

i say don't go. still donate to the ADL though

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

why did you edit the post, cavauro? what is your motive here, really?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

Thanks for that. You helped me realize that I'd be agonizing all night if I decided to go but by not going I don't have that weight on my shoulders. Takeover Brooklyn was real fun the past two years but as someone, as Max Brooks put it, Jewish enough for Dachau, the right thing is to boycott.

I am glad I could be of service. Have a wonderful evening and, ultimately, a wonderful life :)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Oben posted:

*The swearing was all added by the translator. Japanese doesn't really have swear words, it was all in her tone.

Isn't it the word commonly translated as "bastard" that is actually a kind honorific, just said in that slurring growl?

it'd be like me calling someone 'a swell gentleman' except my tone indicates 'gently caress you'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/905593289910472706

gently caress I went to go start writing the new thread OP and realized that Triple H hasn't taken picture with any of the current champions

also holy gently caress eric young's twitter is entirely fantasy football advice. can't tell if kayfabe is dead or if wild anarchist eric young is now canonically a fantasy football expert

ahahAHAHAHa not only is that a hilarious sell, but the brief shot of the ref looking bored gave me a second big laugh after the first started to die down

i assume this was a no DQ match and that's why the ref is so blasé about the whole thing?

• Locked thread