Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

NXT Live Midwest
Sept 16: Des Moines, IA
Sept 17: Omaha, NE
Sept 18: Minneapolis, MN

FYI the Minnesota show is in St. Paul, regardless of what the WWE/NXT website/twitter may or may not say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

mmm when I look at the rosters, I feel like the needs of the rosters aren't really met by what NXT has. Both shows could use more women, but I don't think there's anyone ready unless they just decide to elevate random house show/undercard people like they did Braun.

There's plenty of NXT undercard mainstays they could bring up as jobbers, but they don't have a need for more jobbers. Maybe they send Rich Swann up quick to fill up the Cruiserweight division?

Rich Swann was advertised during RAM, he doesn't count. Or maybe he does and the answer was just really easy. Or maybe Rovert is hinting at a callup coming before September 19th.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is tonight just a clip show like after Dallas? I could do with skipping it to reduce my wrestling intake a little bit before the CWC.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ThePariah posted:

If the next taping isn't until September 15th, what are we getting until then?

there are tapings tomorrow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think WWENXT is one as well sometimes

NXTLIVE is the one that worked for me when I bought them for St. Paul (which you still need to fix mr. linksys)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfuCxlVUngE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Ember's theme is very busy. Seems like two songs at once. Like you left a second tab open and forgot to close it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZybc-xIKA

It bothers me that her eyes aren't red in this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

is anyone else's feed going insane

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/773887422329479169

Once you sign one you are hungry for more.

I laughed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

YES

also lol having the hashtag be NXTMinny to cover up the fact that they said the wrong city in their announcements (which still isn't fixed by the terrible OP :colbert:)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Speaking of NXT this weekend, for people who have gone to the touring live events in the past: how early should I plan on showing up if I want to make sure I get one of those match card posters?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

in honor of me literally sprinting through MSP yesterday to make a 15 minute connection, I have fixed it, thank you

I'm glad you made it! There's a lot of construction going on right now I think so it's a bit of a pain to negotiate. (also thank you)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No Cedrick and no Garchomp :smith:

(I know Johnny just got married I just really wanted to see them)

Kinda shocked that they're running Asuka and Ember Moon already though.

e: does anyone know how quickly those posters usually sell out? I want to make sure to nab one.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 18, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eltoasto posted:

How did Tino look? Seems like he is getting more work in front of crowds. As for the posters, it probably varies by show. For Indy I think only the signed ones sold out, but it was a tiny show.

How much were they?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They turned the tag title match into a 1v1 with dash because dawson is hurt, rovert what's the scoop?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They just showed an advert for WM 33 and the whole place started booing :lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NXT live show thought dump

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKgsNLshgHW/

Austin Aries wrestled his whole match against Itami dressed in this (yes even the headband) and it was amazing. The finish involved him being pantsed, GTS'd, and Itami using the Zubaz for leverage.

After the match he went to attack Itami while he was posing on the Turnbuckle and tripped and did a faceplant.

Ty and Roode was possibly my favorite match of the night (that or Asuka/Ember), Roode won but Ty got the "go home happy" spot after the match when Roode came back to attack him. He also had a great new spot where he stomped on both of Roode's hands and then did the "Ten" chant/motions in time with Roode shaking out his hands.

I still don't know who Riddick Moss is but he did ok, I think he'd fit in pretty well in the NXT midcard as a generic heel. The match was good. The crowd loved Jose, of course. Nakamura's entrance in person is awesome.

The crowd was definitely dead for the Dash/Orange TM61, I think everyone was deflated about not getting to see the Revival. It was also the first match after an intermission.

Tino needs to stop spamming the taunt button. Swann seemed like he was holding back, but it was still a fun opener.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 19, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheHock posted:

The primary reason for the booing was probably because Minnesota was seen as the front runner for getting WrestleMania next year (new football stadium, renovated basketball arena for RAW/Hall of Fame, a former WWE employee is booking the non-football events for the stadium and they're looking to book bigger events in preparation for hosting the Super Bowl in 2018).

It's more "it was basically a done deal and then a vikings stadium PR guy mentioned it in an interview before WWE officially announced it and so Vince had a temper tantrum and moved it."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DancinBrud posted:

Kudos to Mike Rome (that's his name, right?) for jumping in the ring right away for some quick "Right now it's not about Wrestlemania it's about NXT in St. Paul you guys have been great give yourselves a round of applause" damage control. He totally earned his end-of-show yeaoh.

Yeah, he was great all night. His interaction with Peyton was great as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happy Happyist posted:

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by that last bit. Are you saying less people might watch NXT because of the CWC? Wouldn't that draw people in, due to having a few NXT guys in?

He's probably referring to the fact that people were skipping NXT due to burnout and wanting to watch the CWC.

It's what I've been doing, at least. I can only take so much wrestling in a week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Andrade would really benefit from a heel turn. Teaming him up with Cedric, then turning him after a loss would be the easy and cliche way to do it, but at least it's something to shake him up.

Definitely, he was working a bit heelish at Takeover and looked way better.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AMReese posted:

They should make it so when it hits 0, the countdown number shows on screen, then goes back up to 10 then Tye's theme starts.

So they should just use his normal entrance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVWILvhCdPo&t=96s

(if you want a higher quality version he kicks off Takeover: The End with it as well but I wanted to link something people without the network can see)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 24, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With the CWC over I'm assuming NXT viewership will pick back up.

Also I'd say the tag division is just as bad (if not worse) than the Women's division right now.

It's super cool to see Ride Along doing so well in the VODs, I love that show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Peyton Royce needs to return and save the NXT women's division.

She wrestled at the show I went to a couple weeks ago so she might be on the current set of tapings.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You can believe the kids

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have a new favorite team

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

But it's hard to imagine Sanity being put over Itami / Nakamura, especially when there are already four tag teams getting pushed.

Also especially because Itami isn't tagging with Nakamura

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dias posted:

Those autographs weren't from that evening. rovert got them...two weeks ago.

Considering the cards all come pre-signed it's actually possible that they were in fact signed two weeks ago.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Why is this two year old meme returning? I did nothing to prompt it and it shits up threads.

Why are you asking me instead of the person who said it in the first place?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

achillesforever6 posted:

If the rumors are true how much will NXT be an expense to WWE if they go to live weekly shows?

People are just misinterpreting the image about the tiered network prices. It means that when a show is aired for the first time (every wednesday) that is the "live" airing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

I took that to mean that the prerecorded shows would be available but the live shows (i.e.Takeovers) wouldn't. Basically the Hulu deal.

Based on what achillies said I am assuming he was referring to the fourth line of this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mickie James is taking on Asuka for the NXT Women's championship at NXT Takeover: Toronto

Eltoasto posted:

That's cool, and out of nowhere.

Yeah, I didn't even know she was on their radar.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Sawyer
Alexander
Nicky
I..?
Tommy?
Young

I still don't understand how that'd fit with the capitalisation though?

Ibushi :haw:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sanguinia posted:

Two words: Beth Pheonix.

:ughh:

Also I think Beth Phoenix is pretty happy living in the middle of nowhere with Edge and their kids

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Is no-one watching NXT any more? There were 19 unread posts in this topic when I clicked it. It's a shame, I thought the Perkins/Ibushi vs. Ali/Dorado match was pretty decent. At least better than what they're letting the cruiserweights do on Raw. I still can't like TJP though.

I don't watch it live for various reasons (most recently playoff baseball, and starting last night the nba as well) but I generally watch it at some point during the week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fans might also be tempering their expectations after Crews flopped so hard

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Surely Okada would be shocking as well

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shine posted:

I'm tired of rematches.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm gonna take a bullet for Rovert here. Well, not completely because I'm spoiler tagging it.

Ember Moon has a match on this set of NXT tapings. I assume it's next week but they've already aired stuff out of order from the tapings.

• Locked thread