Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah Tye should be in the next round of call ups, and I hope he goes to Smackdown so him and Breezango can be the best stable. I think Aries comes up after his feud with Itami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The_Rob posted:

their match on smackdown was way better and she improves every week.

Yeah that was a good match and like was said if you can get a decent match with Naomi you're fine.

Who really got screwed were Dana Brooke and Carmella. Brooke botches every match in hilarious new ways, and Carmella just needs a whole new character.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I actually like what they're doing with Carmella. Putting Nikki up against a rookie who's sick of the last remaining Johnny Ace glam model Divas division relic is a pretty good angle.

Oh I'll agree they're trying with Carmella, and I like her. That angle has gotten plenty of screen time, and having her with Nikki is a sign of trust from management. Everyone is trying to make it work. But she still struggles to get any reaction on her own. I think just a change of theme song could help her a lot.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

When do you all think No Way Jose gets called up? He's got charisma, size, and he's a decent worker. I think he's a guy they could build up for an NXT title run, but it wouldn't be surprising if he gets called up way earlier to his long term detriment.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I know in my brain Cross is good but she's so tiny. Tiny in a way I don't notice with Alexa Bliss. When Bliss was with a group of guys she was the focal point and that isn't there right now.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Last night's card:

Eric Young - TNA
Tye Dillinger - WWE
Andrade Cien Almas - CMLL, NJPW
Roderick Strong - ROH
Nikki Cross - ICW
Peyton Royce - some Australian fed, I dunno
Billie Kay - samesies
Asuka - various promotions
Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW
Bobby Roode - TNA

Wow, a whole two people out of the whole card are from TNA! Call up Bischoff and Jarrett, we'll have a Tits N rear end reunion tour next week!

E: Forgot AOP vs DIY, where Gargano has been in TNA a couple of times

Dude give it six months.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Young does look like a lieutenant in a Mad Max movie who dies in a funny way.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Benne posted:

I still know nothing about Ember's character beyond "has red contacts, maybe a werewolf?"

Her UpUpDownDown appearance was really likable. But yeah there's not much on NXT or for her character.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Strong's a great example of "Hey here's this guy some of you know from the indies! Okay bye!"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah Aliyah's in a rough spot. If she's capable of it she could be like Bliss and Banks starting off as awkward faces that bloom as heels.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I got into wrestling during the peak of NXT, so I wasn't really aware of the dangers of WWE booking long term. It's frustrating but I can laugh about it for the most part. But if they call up Asuka and gently caress it up I'm out. So what I'm really saying is I have maybe a year left of watching the WWE product.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

John Dudebro posted:

No Way Jose's fiery babyface promos on Austin Aries fuckin ruled. No Way Jose rules. Put the belt on him

gently caress yeah it did. Sure he's another dancing face, but he's got charisma and was allowed to show some fire.

No Way Jose is my dude and I'm stuck rooting for him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mulaney Power Move posted:

imagine marking out for the commentator at a live show, what a bunch of dorks

Those dorks and the people who would actually quiet down for them. The combination is just a room of sad people.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Ember's an anime D&D nerd who pulled from that for the look. Clearly no one had a clear idea what to do for her character outside of her look and entrance though. I still like her but when you have Asuka and Nikki selling their characters so well it shines an unflattering light on Moon.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 22, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Stale Saltines posted:

Yeah they really dropped the ball with him before but instead of just giving up on him I like how they rehabbed him by using the partyboy gimmick to explain his losses and then having Zelina get him back on track.

Agreed. It's good unintentional long term booking and Zelina's filling the role well.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

rovert posted:

Listened to an interview Becky recorded two/three weeks ago. Feel very bad for her. Really bought into the new Smackdown title and late 2016/early 2017 Smackdown roster and the level of stories they were telling. I don't get the impression her win/loss record or titles matter to her it is more productive storytelling and meaning.

She's very unhappy with the Creative and said she wants a "reboot" of the division.

She's absolutely right. The Smackdown women have been stuck in group segments for awhile doing a whole lot of not much. That's why I don't want Asuka on Smackdown unless they plan on changing their creative direction for the division. A reboot would be a great idea with Asuka as the catalyst but I doubt they want to give it the effort when they have a Jinder match to plan.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

VJeff posted:

Becky hasn't had a singles feud since Alexa, who left the show half a year ago. I get why she's frustrated.

No one's had a singles feud since Wrestlemania. A few weeks of Naomi squashing Lana.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Stale Saltines posted:

I love everything about Street Profits except their finisher. There's too many frog splashes and I feel like Montez is athletic enough to do something better than that.

True but his frog splash is nice.

I'm really loving Street Profits. Partly because it's fun to see Dawkins in something people like after being around forever, but mostly because Montez Ford has a poo poo ton of charisma. If he's any good on the mic the guy's going to go far. I also enjoy how they keep celebrating with their superfan, fat dude in a red shirt with glasses.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Belair's hair whip is my favorite thing.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I hope Black and Dream's feud ends with them being the best of friends.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Why should I care about these ROH losers when there's Velveteen Dream and Aleister Black?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

If not a kiss a loving embrace for the end of the Black/Dream feud.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

I really want Black and Dream to be like Sami and Kevin and just be linked their whole WWE careers, their characters are so different yet they play off each other perfectly

The day Black's music hits and he runs out to save Dream will be a great day.

Also that interview with Zelina and Almas really hammered in why he needs her.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I'm not one of those people that think Peyton Royce is amazing and deserves the title, but I do love all the videos of the Iconic Duo harassing other wrestlers and generally being adorable together. So go Peyton, long may she reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I convinced someone to give wrestling a shot tonight by describing the Black/Dream feud. I fear I've set the bar too high for the future.

• Locked thread