Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
That's stupid. Penguins couldn't reach the robot's controls with their tiny little arm/wing things. It's obviously that werewolf baron with the stylish cape who's out for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's his descendant who went back in time to try and save the Wolf Baron from dying in order to save the Wolf Barony from being overtaken by the Tiger Kingdom.

But... the future refused to change.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'm not particularly attached to Setsuna, frankly. If she dies at the end of this, welp, that's unfortunate. But it won't really help make this game more engaging since killing off characters only works if there's some amount of emotional investment from the player in those characters.

On the other hand, if she doesn't die it won't be particularly interesting either because everyone knows she's not going to die. And given the trend with this game so far, whatever alternate solution is found for the whole monster problem is going to be boring and out of nowhere and unsatisfying.

This is honestly reaching Sonic Boom level of nothing worthwhile happening.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
What a twist! I've never been this excited at a patrilineal revelation since The Empire Strikes Back! I simply cannot wait to see where this leads us!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Edvarius posted:

Also, what kind of madman puts anything besides mustard on their fries?

What the gently caress?

I don't really get why monsters, via Julienne, would have tried to get Setsuna killed, though. Whatever happens at the end of the sacrifice's journey probably doesn't involve anything good for the monsters, I guess.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm pretty sure if Julienne was sent out for a water chip, you'd get a bloody mess for the ending. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

thetruegentleman posted:

Endir is probably a distortion of Ejnir, or, "lone warrior/army", Nidr is probably a distortion of Nidhoggr, the dragon that lives beneath the roots of the world tree(and makes the soil fertile, I think? It would connect to him as being a father), and Kir probably means either far-sighted or sun (the former being more obvious, considering how he's supposed to be the intuitive one of the group).

So basically, maybe it should be Norse themed in that case, like Fafnir, or Ymir,

I don't know what a Setsuna is, but it's not Norse. And Julienne are a type of fries. So by that logic we should be naming the ship Chip, Curly, Deep Fry or maybe Poutine.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Nimsant posted:

Hi! I have enjoyed the game (except the story, I even started skipping dialogs at some point during sidequests) and now I'm reading the LP and I like it! Thank you

I haven't caught up yet, but it seems no fan art is present in the thread. So I want to contribute now, before the thread gets locked up for whatever reason

Ah, so this is why Setsuna is wearing that ridiculous winged hair ornament thing. Any Pengy trying this on her would probably choke on it and die.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I voted dingus so we can get garbage out of the way first.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Eutess must've tweeted about it before vanishing. She's accumulated a lot of followers over the centuries.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'd say this went reasonably well considering the circumstances.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Crystalgate posted:

What makes that ancient civilization more qualified to create spiritnite than the current one? The people of that civilization who first created the spiritnite did it without even having existing spiritnite to study.

It's probably safe to assume that creating something for the first time requires at least a decent understanding of the principles behind it. Compared to this the current civilizations in the game are basically banging rocks together, and sometimes you get lucky and find a rock that can strike down your enemies with lightning. Other times you blow up everything in a 10 miles radius, yourself included.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Momomo posted:

I figured I'd wait until we saw her sidequest before asking, was Julienne supposed to be the client that hired Endir? It would make sense considering her butler is the one that tells him, but they don't seem to have ever addressed that.

I'm pretty sure it was Julienne, but under the influence of Dark Samson through the whole monster blood thing. Which actually makes sense since the party is out to keep Dark Samus sealed, and outright murder it later.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Kavak posted:

I think The Silver Case is getting picked up again, right?

The great thing if that's true is that it won't make much of a difference if everyone has forgotten what was going on.

I do hope it's true, though. I could definitely use some Big Dick right about now.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The cancer rate amongst spritnite users must be rather impressive, in a horrifying way. I suppose that's what you get when people start using the magical nano nuclear turbo mutagen stuff dead civilizations just left lying around without a few feet of lead to shield them.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'm hoping there's something really dumb coming up. My money is on either Obvious Hamfisted Sequel Hook, or Needless Last Minute Sacrifice.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
So, purely for the record, when I posted this before the update

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I'm hoping there's something really dumb coming up. My money is on either Obvious Hamfisted Sequel Hook, or Needless Last Minute Sacrifice.

I swear to poo poo I didn't know anything about the ending. I just took the first two dumb things that came to mind.

Anyhow, thanks for playing games so I don't have to. Ordinarily I'd claim you'll be back within the week, but I can't say I blame you for prioritizing things that aren't playing games for the internet these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
All we really know about TDI is that he attracts hurricanes and his job involves exploding from time to time. Thankfully he's probably immune to that stuff by now. Trust me, this is how this works, I've studied immunology at Umbrella University.

• Locked thread