Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
The cropped image TDI uses for dialogue did not prepare me for how goofy the rest of the ensemble looks. It's still a bit better than Tidus' outfit. I hope everyone else is just as bad as dressing themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

The Dark Id posted:

There’s definitely a powerful a powerful spritnite vein running under the ground here! I can sense it!

Doubled up on "a powerful"

I'm going to assume Sir Steve was a reference to an LP I haven't read yet, but I have no idea which one. The way this one's been going, I'm going to assume Chrono Cross? I've been meaning to read that one for a while.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

The Dark Id posted:

Oh come on! You’re a werebeetle. You can’t call me that!

*pouts*

Think these two are supposed to be Kir's lines.

Purple = possessed by real bad guy. Probably totally not Reaper.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I was expecting some kind of hamhanded twist. In retrospect, I would have enjoyed that more than what just happened. Someone said earlier that party member plots get resolved before leaving town. This is the most blatant example of that. Sure, a problem was solved. It did very little to advance the overall plot. Oh well, onto the next story beat.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Andyzero posted:

Now, Tom Godwin's editor kept sending the story back with suggestions on how to fix that problem, and reasons why nobody would be that stupid to do things this way. But NOPE, Tom Godwin had a MESSAGE. The universe doesn't care about life! Physics is cold and hard! Screw logic and common sense and "options", the girl had to die.

This game is like that.

I googled it cause I haven't thought of that story in years. Apparently, it was the other way around. Godwin was trying to save the girl. The editor was the one who wanted that little girl dead for DRAMA. That story sat with me for a while, when I was a kid, but now that I see the flaws in the story, it just comes off as a bit pointless. Much like this game :v:

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Crystalgate posted:

Anyway, while I think everyone knows the item descriptions are bollocks, the part about swords being heavy and relying on force is something a lot of people actually believe in. That number is in decline, but still seem to include the IAS creators.

My favorite is the giant bone sword that is as sharp as a razor because of its nicked blade. Just imagine that. Someone trying to shave with a nicked razor. It makes me wince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
For once, a happy conclusion in this game.

• Locked thread