Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

But look at it! I only see two horns!

Oh, you innocent child.

I envy you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nohman posted:

Now that Julienne's whole dilemma is solved again, hopefully for the last time, has anyone important actually died in this game? Not counting people that were already dead at the start like Kir's brother or Setsuna's mom and clone aunt.

There was that one king. Whassisname. The one with the jackass son.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Really, I gotta call bullshit on that king test.

I mean, it disqualifies good King Wenceslas for going out on the feast of Stephen. And that guy was such king material he was promoted to king after being murdered by his brother.

I bet they don't like wassail either.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Renditious posted:

The only possible name is clearly the name of spite: Julie

Spite is the best possible motive for any given action...

Julie gets my vote.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Libluini posted:

Sorry, but humans don't grow horns, so they're obviously not

Then where does human horn come from?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bufuman posted:

I played FF6 with a Literal Translation patch several years back. My reaction throughout the game was mainly "There are people who can STAND this garbage!?" It was not a pleasant reading experience. Japanese scripts tend to rely on a lot of Japanese language quirks that simply do not have a proper English equivalent. This is why we localize in the first place, so that native English speakers can have an experience that works for them. If you really want the full Japanese experience, learn Japanese and play it in that language. Don't gimp the script for the rest of us just so you can satisfy your weeaboo boner.

Eh. As a fanpatch I can see a role for it, if only "Look at how much work good localization entails. It's a lot of work."

I generally find it interesting to see how the sausage is made.

For Revengeance, of course, I should mention that the studio, 8-4, has come up before in the thread since they did Drakengard 3, Nier, and the upcoming Nier: Automata. They're very good at what they do, and it isn't just a matter of willingness to change details (although, duh, they do that.) They're good at writing characters with distinct voices, conveying intended effects despite different linguistic tools.

They also did two of last three Fire Emblems, (assuming you only count Fates as one game, since they didn't do that one.) and showed a really good balance of changes. American Marth actually has a backbone!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Drunk Theory posted:

Well, that was a thing I suppose....Why would they name this game after her?

Because she'd forget her name otherwise.

Setsuna has passed from being naive to the point where I think even the devs had to realize she's a dipshit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetruegentleman posted:

Congrats on finishing the LP and all...but good lord, that ending was bland to the point of being confusing. Also, Setsuna has a shadow, so...what the gently caress? The other ghost didn't have a shadow (and was also blue) so what the hell kind of abomination is she now?

Obviously, by making peace with her shadow, the true self, Setsuna earned a persona.

Or possibly a stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alopex posted:

I'm impressed that they actually went for the Setsuna death! I can't even complain that it was dumb - I mean, it was dumb, but in a way that fits with Setsuna's core character trait.

"Stupid as a sack of hammers"?

• Locked thread