Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I do like the Piano only music in for music in video games, usually when it's just that one song for that one level/boss/section. Not sure about a whole soundtrack though, it sounds good so far.
As far as the game, I'm reading this completely blind. I just hope it's not something that kills me slowly inside like that one game I forgot the name of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Don’t bother trying to exist.

Does this line look weird to anyone else?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Knowing how most of DarkId's LPs go this game may or may not have something so insane that everything will redeem it, everyone will get angry and lose there poo poo, and/or there will be regret in making the LP in the first place resulting in drinking. I'm going in blind so if I'm wrong don't tell me.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

Dude, what the hell.

Taro Yoko is, like, the nicest guy ever. Why you hating?

Bufuman posted:

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

(Stupid sexy Emil)

Blackunknown posted:

Well I know what my nightmares will be about tonight.

When I quote these in this order things might start to make more sense.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
So it sounds like this game decided to go more in favor of Final Fantasy attack mages, which is to say mostly garbage with the exception of like 4 bosses and using area of effect spell to take out trash mobs in random encounters. I'm guessing they're also a pain in the rear end to level since they die from suicide bomb bosses like the rear end in a top hat you just fought that does near Kir's maximum health just so he won't get any boss experience.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
What gave the impression she was possessed, is it the purple Dragonball Z smoke around her, does that automatically mean possession since only Reaper can have the purple lightsaber? Y'all are hosed up.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Edit: never mind, move along.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This just needs a very Xenogears moment of firing a canon shell that turns out to be your dad or finding out all the food the main parties cook has been making was made of people or something. I still haven't lost faith that this game will have something completely batshit happen, but I now have the feeling it's some obscure bullshit you can't see till newgame+ number seven.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
That Kingdom Hearts stream a week or two ago may have done some damage. I can't help but read Reapers words and imagine the voice of a smug, over the top Quinton Flinn topped with flamboyant gestures and fabulously stupid hair.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
When will Endir let go of that Catapult casters into floating island plan. It just just plain silly and won't even shoot far enough. What you need is a Trebuchet.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Papa Nidr, I don't know. I got nothing with only ten characters. :(
I came up with a better one.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 14, 2016

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I'm incredibly unoriginal so: Big Dick

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I honestly just want the reaction of all characters for a stupid name and all these sound pretty good for that. If I could I would've suggest "Nidr's your dad", but shortening it to 10 characters looks stupid and gives me trouble pronouncing it as one word.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think Summoniels are killing the Deermon industry since they can just spawn infinite of them.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think Reaper's dad/master/clone is gonna show up to turn into a dragon only to be beaten and reveal that the dragon is just an illusion whereafter he begs for forgiveness like Doctor Willy or some poo poo.

That Mummy trailer audio gently caress up is pretty loving hilarious. Glad to find enjoyment in a trailer for a movie I'll probably never watch.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I can't believe Aeterna was just eternal the whole time, it was right there winking me in the face. I wonder if the other characters names were puns the whole time that I missed. Aside from Endr of course, I just assumed that was referring to the fact that he's an ender of people/monster lives and not a time loop ender.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Was Magus all that good as a party member? I don't know since the last time I played Chrono Trigger I killed him, probably should've killed Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V when I played that since I'll probably never play that game again.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Y'all really want the thread locked just before the end don't you?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Short for a JRPG maybe, a genre that sold itself on being minimum 30 hours for most games. Despite Chrono Trigger breaking that rule as well, for me atleast.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Is this the whole reason why this was LP'd? If so, I honestly think it's worth cause I burst out laughing at about 1am.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Probably being possessed by demons/ghosts/clone mom, or a result of drinking a newly developed drinking problem.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Glad to see an LP of this game that I honestly probably would not have gotten around to playing, JRPGs are really not for me. I'm really glad there was no stupid epilogue implying that older masked mercenary was Endir all along or something stupid like that, or maybe I just typed that since there is a reason I think that. Either way this game looks good, LP was great, and I'll probably watch a few of the dumb streams in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Archenteron posted:

Thank you for playing!

You're gonna carry that wait... for Nier Automata's release date!

• Locked thread