Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

I'm intrigued, but what's the next step?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
uh, it's barber COLLEGE

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

proof of concept posted:

uh, it's barber COLLEGE

is there a barber university too?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yes, they produce peer-reviewed research and have graduate programs that award phds

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Not sure exactly what it's called but like every other worthwhile pursuit it involves a slew of sharp objects and a big fuckin pole

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't know why but I have the sudden urge to become a barber. :confused:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
do they train you to cut hair or sing in a quartet?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhrweX-ZeZo

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87eVwRQPIlE :yikes:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

LOL, everybody should watch this.

That guy is so sincere and it's criminally funny.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

LOL, everybody should watch this.

That guy is so sincere and it's criminally funny.

I'm happy for him, he seems like a nice guy.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm happy for him, he seems like a nice guy.

You're right, his earnestness should be admired, it just seems so pointless to me. Like a video live journal.

Like, why would you video yourself as you drive back from barber school? And then have to explain about getting your Confederate Flag tattoo removed? Who is the audience for his thoughts?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

You're right, his earnestness should be admired, it just seems so pointless to me. Like a video live journal.

Like, why would you video yourself as you drive back from barber school? And then have to explain about getting your Confederate Flag tattoo removed? Who is the audience for his thoughts?

Normally I would make fun of him too, but I am in a "People Loving People" kind of mood. (see the hit GBS thread)

People seem to think that other people care about them a lot more than other people actually do, he probably actually thinks that people want to follow his progress and will eagerly tune in for updates. He's almost certainly wrong, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

OctoberBlues posted:

Normally I would make fun of him too, but I am in a "People Loving People" kind of mood. (see the hit GBS thread)

People seem to think that other people care about them a lot more than other people actually do, he probably actually thinks that people want to follow his progress and will eagerly tune in for updates. He's almost certainly wrong, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

That's what seems weird to me. That video has over 6,000 views and the comments seem to be people who know him (maybe from past videos?) and take some kind of inspiration from his videos.

It's like this one Let's Play guy who was playing Megaman 2 but wasn't even talking about the game, but about how he had this notebook where he wrote stuff in and he accidentally left it at work, and he was really worried if people at his work would read it, and how he'd get it back...like, just talking about this life to an audience who can't care about that, who just want to see someone play Megaman 2.

Maybe I just don't understand the modern social media landscape, where the ordinary things you do are somehow supposed to be worthy of sharing.

• Locked thread