Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Sometimes I say something really funny and everyone in the room laughs. I usually shut up after that for fear of ruining the moment. I'm pretty good at this part because I hang out with a lot of nerds so I have lots of vicarious experience with other nerds who say something funny but don't know how to quit while they're ahead. I've had the most success socially being mainly reactive/blending in, much like Littlefinger from the A Song of Ice and Fire books (though not like in the show I don't think).

But sometimes I say/do things that only I find cool, solely to amuse myself. Like I'll make a reference that I'm sure no one but me will get and then chuckle to myself. I'm also the type of person who sometimes laughs out loud when they're all alone in a room, which apparently most other people don't do.

Post your thoughts/stories on being just cool as hell and succeeding socially among your peers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I post on GBS

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
this is actually a documentary about myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUqNCDwQj4

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Iron Prince posted:

I post on GBS

drat I feel like I should be taking notes

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was hoping to read some insight on someone who is cool, but to be honest you don't sound cool at all.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

People scare me, which makes me gassy.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
i think about this every day. im probably the coolest person irl in the world. im on a different level.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

This one time in 6th grade, I farted so bad all the other kids got up and went outside the classroom.

It was just me sitting at my desk and the teacher, who asked in a sarcastic tone, "Son, did you have Taco Bell for lunch?"

I did not, it wasn't even that bad of a fart they kids were just all trying to play up how bad it was to make me seem cooler. Like, "hey that kid is so cool, he can clear a room with a single fart"

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I'm through being cool

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
it makes me sad that i have to wallow around in the mud with all the rest of you worthless fucks but im trying to be a guiding light to my fellow man. forgive me if i puke on you.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I've got a frank grimes-esque forums enemy, life doesn't get any better than that IMO

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
im a shepard

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Arian_Samurai posted:

I was hoping to read some insight on someone who is cool, but to be honest you don't sound cool at all.

I'm really not and frankly, this is a honeypot thread

Kuato posted:

I've got a frank grimes-esque forums enemy, life doesn't get any better than that IMO

Who???

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I think if I used the words "swag" and "balls" a lot more I could increase my cool factor significantly.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I just need to post on gbs more and I will be cool.

like this image:

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Beefeater posted:

I think if I used the words "swag" and "balls" a lot more I could increase my cool factor significantly.

the key is being different than all of the other slobs who slosh their filthy corpses around this gay world

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Izzhov posted:

But sometimes I say/do things that only I find cool, solely to amuse myself. Like I'll make a reference that I'm sure no one but me will get and then chuckle to myself. I'm also the type of person who sometimes laughs out loud when they're all alone in a room, which apparently most other people don't do.

i do this

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
"I love being the one hit wonder" ftfy op

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Iron Prince posted:

I post on GBS

thats the way ya do it

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

im pretty cool as long as i don't tell anyone that i post here

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Iron Prince posted:

I post on GBS

an actual quote

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
nice homestuck OP super coolio

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My life is so lit people who barely know me are like "Fam! Your life is so loving lit dude!" and I'm all like "Hey, rollerskates, we ain't fam so roll on down to the back of the line." Ladies love it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chief McHeath posted:

My life is so lit people who barely know me are like "Fam! Your life is so loving lit dude!" and I'm all like "Hey, rollerskates, we ain't fam so roll on down to the back of the line." Ladies love it.

:chloe:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Does being cool involve being an rear end in a top hat to everyone or being desperate for everyone to like you? Some times I get mixed messages from the general pop.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
who gives a poo poo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Izzhov posted:

Sometimes I say something really funny and everyone in the room laughs. I usually shut up after that for fear of ruining the moment. I'm pretty good at this part because I hang out with a lot of nerds so I have lots of vicarious experience with other nerds who say something funny but don't know how to quit while they're ahead. I've had the most success socially being mainly reactive/blending in, much like Littlefinger from the A Song of Ice and Fire books (though not like in the show I don't think).

Post your thoughts/stories on being just cool as hell and succeeding socially among your peers.

srsly tho if thats what is what is actually supposed to come out of a "normally functioning brain" then im going to go huff gas and hit myself with a frying pan

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover this place
Sand will cover you
Any attempts at validating my good moments are undercut by the paranoia that everyone around me is just humoring me

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
im administering poisons

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is this what you were looking for, OP?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is this what you were looking for, OP?

hell yeah that dude is cool as hell

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

srsly tho if thats what is what is actually supposed to come out of a "normally functioning brain" then im going to go huff gas and hit myself with a frying pan

it happens to all of us at one point in our lives then we stop giving a poo poo save for the few awkward stragglers and emotionally stunted people

but i like this ironic post from OP a lot, i get it

im even cool for getting it :smug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I am the coolest person in gbs and my life still feels holllow and incomplete what am i doing wrong thanks in advance :cool:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
listen nerds if you wanna be cool just rip yourself down and then when you have peeps by the gonads rip them down and you will be top dawg

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

HeartPlug posted:

Any attempts at validating my good moments are undercut by the paranoia that everyone around me is just humoring me

Try saying and doing things that are objectively great, then your brain will be able to straight up dismiss this possibility out of hand

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm cool AND I've had sex before :smuggo:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Nooner posted:

I'm cool AND I've had sex before :smuggo:

hosed up if true

Adbot