Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Art by yourboymelt

Hello and welcome to

Final Fight "Streetwise" is a 3D "beat-em-up" made by famous Puzzle Fighter Turbo developer "Capcom". Final Fight "Streetwise" is the final game in the popular Final Fight franchise, and it is a mess. It's a game that, while it works, is overloaded with mini-games and a surprisingly decent hip-hop ruined by lovely metal. The back of the box for the European release of Final Fight "Streetwise" promises tracks from MF Doom and RZA but snatches that hope away by providing one track which is just a collab. You also don't play as Mike Haggar, the only Final Fight character people care about. It's a grim and gritty story that handles the grim and gritty aspects with all the subtlety of a Tom and Jerry episode. It is a mess. It is a mistake. I love this game. Welcome to the LP.

The "LP" of Final Fight "Streetwise" will be as following: my fellow fighter friends killeremcee, ChorpSaway and a_raving_loon will join me on this journey. Cut and Uncut video will be provided as usual. We'll be covering most of the sidequests this game has, unless they're minigames in which case they're only shown off once.

There will also be some thread participation, watch to the end of the first video to see what you can do! Good entries will be featured at the end of future updates!

I also ask as a rule to not have any story spoilers, nobody except me commentating knows what's in store for this game.

Hey FutureFriend, ya missed a sidequest, ya dumb oaf!
wow rude, okay first of all, im very smart and not dumb. second of all, this game can be kind of confusing and some of the sidequests are insane to try and find. the only walkthrough of this game i could quickly find never found all the sidequests either!

Hey FutureFriend, you moron stooge, are you going to show off all the upgrades?
first of all there were three stooges and i do not count as one of them. second of all, yes i'll try to. honestly there's not much special to them, they're mostly new combos and extra health so you probably won't notice either way.

Hey FutureFriend, you mondo maroon, are you gonna respect the lore?
Yes.

The Ayshkerbundy is a star within the surrealist final fight streetwise fanart circles.

Twitter user AwrySquare shows us a vision of heaven.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

also is Poison in this game?

poison is not in the game, as this game doesn't seem to remember any of the actual popular final fight characters besides Mike the Wrestler

Bombogenesis posted:

Toolman, Cut Man, and the Milkman. Are you sure this isn't an edgy Megaman reboot?

just wait until we get toolman's power of talking about how straight edge he is all the time and refusing to listen to anything besides nu-metal

Digital Jello posted:

Kyle sounds like a dime-store Solid Snake that takes sidequests from prostitutes. Based on this alone, I already know he's going to show true heroism.

speaking of heroes, here's a true fun fact: the story of final fight streetwise is loosely based on the epic of gilgamesh. there's more comparisons to be seen later but for now; cody travers is based on gilgamesh's companion enkidu as they are both wild men who love to throw down!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

these are all some good rear end names, unfortunately i got so many i don't think i'll be able to fit them all in!

also here's an update for y'all, we meet one of the top 2 streetwise characters!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

please do not promote illegal things in this thread, kyle travers would not want this

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

It's time to hunt down that stiff jerk and also do the most inefficient stealth section in videogames.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time to meet another of my top 2 final fight streetwise characters, please look forward to my bottom 2 final fight streetwise characters video in 2018

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time to meet the only final fight fanservice in this game

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

we go to the last district in metro city and meet the last original final fight character

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

kjetting posted:

This is the soundtrack for the level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3UqrjkWq9E

The metal bands aren't exactly bargain bin bands. Soulfy, Slipknot, Fear Factory... those are some big names. I think everything just sounds lovely in the context of that game.

i think the big problem is, that even if i liked this kind of metal out of the context of the game hip hop is almost entirely the opposite musically, while this sort of music is centered around making loud, memorable instrumentals and for lack of a better term, noise to satisfy the brain, hip-hop is more centered around lyricisms and melodicism. they're just completely at odds with eachother and there isn't much intersection between tastes.

vvv Score Album Track listing:
"Bat Woman" – 2:14 - Played when Frank saw a woman throwing trash.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 28, 2016

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

we return to the weasel and say goodbye to an old friend

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Feonir posted:

Bit of wholly unsolicited advice I am sure you are already aware of but for later fights you are going to want to use the lock on function, when locked on if you hit forwards towards the enemy and a punch you will do a slide attack forward that gobbles up a ton of room and allows for quick in and out strikes. This is ~VERY~ important to learn for when you start hitting the cheese bosses.

holy poo poo i played thru the game 3 times and lock on always messed memup enough that i never even knew about this. ive unfortunately already got the game recorded and commentated all the way but holy poo poo this is a goddamn revelation for me

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

hey yo, just a heads-up, i'm gonna record the final gangnames this sunday. so if you have any good ones that you been wanting to get out, post them in the thread before Sunday 6 PM EST/11 PM GMT

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

alright folks, we're done with all that sandbox stuff. instead it is just now a linear drive to insane rear end plot points.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

here it is, the coveted penultimate update let's play loves so much. it's finally here.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

here it is, the final update of streetwise. i hope you all enjoyed watching the lp, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

quoted for new page

FutureFriend posted:

here it is, the final update of streetwise. i hope you all enjoyed watching the lp, folks!

• Locked thread