Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Hooboy, whatathread.

I have so many questions about science! :science: (Especially since they seem like they'll have reasonable answers!)

I guess I'll leave them for later, when hoobaby's in preschool and Dr. Olo's a gainfully unemployed postgrad and this thread gets active again.

Still, non-equatorial space elevator makes me go what. Colony site investigation should've been constrained to near the equator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Oh, it was given a decent enough explanation in the posts that brought it up, about the consequences of mounting the base at nonzero latitudes, what sort of extra forces would be on the base, etc. It's just surprising to me that this is a surmountable difficulty at all, and that somehow we brought a space elevator with us rather than grabbing an appropriate asteroid and manufacturing one on site. Space elevators are big! Like, REALLY BIG.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Yes, but for jam, not for elevator cables.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

How many Stellaris players have we got in this thread? I'm guessing it's at least a few. I've been thinking about figuring out the modding system and making the Whataplanet system and Hoomans as a custom start option. It's a pretty cool looking system.

• Locked thread