Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My pumpkin beer recommendations are BrewDog Pumpkin King and Flying Dog's "The Fear" Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

Have any of you guys tried either? Do you have any recommendations of your own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

I have tried those and other popular ones and hated them all. :( I once bought like six from the individual beer thing at a liquor store and they were all just garbage, pure garbage.

This tends to be the majority opinion. In all fairness I've had some truly horrible pumpkin beer in my time but when I find one I like I really enjoy it. I once told a guy who worked for BrewDog that I'd tried pretty much all the BrewDog beers I've ever come across and that Pumpkin King was probably one of my favourites and he told me I was out of my goddamn mind.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

VendaGoat posted:

Talking about "Southern Tier"?

It and warlock are good.

The rest of Southern Tier needs to be poured down the goddamned toilet.

Nah I was talking about this one:
https://www.brewdog.com/item/55/BrewDog/Pumpkin-King.html

I've not tried the Southern Tier one. Is it still in production? If so I'll keep at eye out for it in the bottle shop this year. They tend to start getting the seasonal beers in around mid-September

• Locked thread