Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
i missed most of the knockout match but is it true he had a hardon? because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanted SmackDown to get Bayley, but Joe is certainly a good consolation prize.

Anyway I hope KO wins, then holds the title for a couple months and drops to Sami at Survivor Series or somethin'.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chromatic posted:

i missed most of the knockout match but is it true he had a hardon? because lol

it's called living the gimmick brother

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

The next champ is again going to be either Rollins coming off a fuckup or Reigns coming off a fuckup

How much longer (both them loving up and them getting belts for it because nobody else is left) before it's not controversial to say breaking up the Shield was the worst thing this company has done in the 2010s

I don't even have it in me to be mad. It was horrible don't get me wrong, but compared to everything else they've done to the community, it's a blip on our radar

Remember when they had Kanyon dress as Boy George, come out of a box and sing Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me, and Taker kicked his rear end brutally for 3 minutes

To be fair I was literally shocked they didn't mention the big sweaty men tting. Byron just kinda had my reaction which was "Uhhhh okay." and Cole chuckled but I got the feeling it was more "Wait what?" than "TEE HEE GAYS!" Dude just said he likes big sweaty men and was summarily beaten like any other of BRAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN's victims, gay, straight, or chinless.

I mean I know I'm basically repeating you but I was honestly shocked. The wrestler looked like he hated life delivering the line though so I wonder if he did it on a dare or something.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Scott Justice posted:

KO is the next Universal Champion.

Rusev is going to get his revenge on Roman.
Cass isn't ready. (I mean, Vince doesn't care about that)
Seth is a murderer.

Kevin Owens is the only person who can win the title next Monday.

Sadly it's gonna be Reigns because there are no face challengers they've properly setup for a heel champ right now, even if the crowd will be treating Reigns as one.

Cass ain't winning the belt he's too green.
Sami just jobbed to Seth and failed to get in the 4-Way he's not gonna go from that to challenging for the belt in a month.
Cesaro just started his best of seven with Sheamus.

Reigns is winning and is gonna cycle through some combination of Seth/Rusev/Owens/Strowman for fall to early winter feuds.

:suicide:

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I have a feeling Kevin Owens will win. They were trying to make someone new with Balor so they'll replicate it.

Regardless, Smackdown supremacy. Best male wrestler / best female wrestler / better reality show starring the GM

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

oatgan posted:

sign Johnny Knockout

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Sadly it's gonna be Reigns because there are no face challengers they've properly setup for a heel champ right now, even if the crowd will be treating Reigns as one.

Cass ain't winning the belt he's too green.
Sami just jobbed to Seth and failed to get in the 4-Way he's not gonna go from that to challenging for the belt in a month.
Cesaro just started his best of seven with Sheamus.

Reigns is winning and is gonna cycle through some combination of Seth/Rusev/Owens/Strowman for fall to early winter feuds.

:suicide:

On the bright side, if enough people pop they'll have to keep the chinless jobber

Chinless jobber for champ 2k17. Let's make Mania great again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's funny but the Smackdown women's division is so much better than the Raw one, and I don't think anyone would have thought that after the draft.

I just hope Nikki doesn't ruin it by winning all the time. Becky should beat her to be the first champ.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It's funny but the Smackdown women's division is so much better than the Raw one, and I don't think anyone would have thought that after the draft.

I just hope Nikki doesn't ruin it by winning all the time. Becky should beat her to be the first champ.

Personnel-wise its a lot worse, its just they are using their people a lot better. Every person in there has a unique and cool gimmick. Raw has just been Dana Brooke matches every week & bad promos

They need an opponent for Becky that can have actually good matches tho (sorry Natalya doesnt count). Asuka should come up soon.

Edit: Sign Johnny Knockout

SpiritOfSanDimas fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 23, 2016

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

bayley for universal champ

Hell yeah!

Was a good Raw I'd say, and great seeing Bayley debut! Especially to a hot crowd, though I suspect Bayley's can-do attitude and zazz would get any crowd into it!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Personnel-wise its a lot worse, its just they are using their people a lot better. Every person in there has a unique and cool gimmick. Raw has just been Dana Brooke matches every week & bad promos

They need an opponent for Becky that can have actually good matches tho (sorry Natalya doesnt count). Asuka should come up soon.

Edit: Sign Johnny Knockout

You're gonna eat those words once Eva Marie finally debuts, I can promise you that! It'll be a 5-star classic.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

When Paige is back, and especially when Sasha is back, I think I'd set my allegiance with Raw women's division. Plus we have Bayley running wild, what more do we need? Just throw meat into the ring for Bayley to slaughter.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Daniel wins the title, ends up retired in a month (more or less) due to years of injuries picking that time to catch up to him.

Roman wins the title, gets popped for some drug, looks like he'll be midcard for a bit.

Finn wins the title...gets injured during the match, vacates it immediately. Roman potentially back in main event as champion.

You ever feel like you're betting on the Washington Generals when it comes to fan desires, and life is the Globetrotters?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cornwind Evil posted:

Daniel wins the title, ends up retired in a month (more or less) due to years of injuries picking that time to catch up to him.

Roman wins the title, gets popped for some drug, looks like he'll be midcard for a bit.

Finn wins the title...gets injured during the match, vacates it immediately.

You ever feel like you're betting on the Washington Generals when it comes to fan desires, and life is the Globetrotters?

I'm doing alright with Dean! :)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ShakeZula posted:

You're gonna eat those words once Eva Marie finally debuts, I can promise you that! It'll be a 5-star classic.

I hope she's enjoying her vacation. Poor thing is so stressed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

yeah the real world title is with dean, and if it goes to anyone else it'll be aj styles who cares about the red belt only held by one guy for 24 hours

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe cut off Johnny Knockouts promo in their youtube upload of the match so this will have to suffice for now

https://youtu.be/UETvQXaSx74

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

oatgan posted:

wwe cut off Johnny Knockouts promo in their youtube upload of the match so this will have to suffice for now

Not surprising given Byron's reaction was definitely a look of "You were not supposed to say that."

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

he can have the universal strap

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

*finger on the monkey's paw suddenly curls closed*

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

all the belts are made up for this dumb fake sport but the universal title just seems so extra made up and dumb it's hard to care about it or who holds it at all.

still would be great if it wasn't roman holding it, though

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The only guy they can put it on is KO, although I would've liked Rusev.

It's tough. Roman's just so drat toxic.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The monkeys paw meme is back from injury!!!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

oatgan posted:

the soft "bruh" really makes it

That DICK! posted:

slingshot it straight to the title!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

*finger on the monkey's paw suddenly curls closed*

When AJ wins it from him IDGAF

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Yeah and they did what I was hoping they'd do, send Nikki to Smackdown and Bayley to Raw. An important thing is all the Smackdown women have been introduced as being on fairly equal ground, plus Eva's whole act. When both shows have women's divisions seven people deep it better be more than a competition of 2-3.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That DICK! posted:

The Miz wanted Davy Jones' hand, goddammit.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I, for one, am glad that Roman's long and arduous road to redemption is finally over.

After the match the Smackdown women's division put on last night I'm gonna have to disagree. I mean you have two women that are really good wrestlers, but they're personalities are boring as gently caress. You've got Naomi who's passable, Alexa and Carmela are super green and Nikki is just the worst, but she's got a reality show.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Now I'm going to dislike Roman and the belt he's wearing

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Tweak posted:

all the belts are made up for this dumb fake sport but the universal title just seems so extra made up and dumb it's hard to care about it or who holds it at all.

It's literally the kind of belt your younger sibling would come up with to show you up. Name and all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All the Shield guys suck now. Seth keeps injuring people, Dean keeps getting smaller and sloppier and less believable on offense each week, and Roman gets fatter and more hated each week. They all need to be shuffled back to the midcard so other guys can get their shot.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Balor injury is only hitting me now. I am pretty sad. He put New Japan and NXT ahead of himself at times to his credit and detriment.His career is far from over but I am gonna be bummed IF I bump into him the next while.

Weird that now the shoe is on the other foot between him and Becky. Him being the injured one and her doing well (for now).

Bayley's debut was just GOOD and left me with no indication they will book her better than Becky or Sasha.

rovert fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 23, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Landstander posted:

Now I'm going to dislike Roman and the belt he's wearing

All the Shield guys suck now. Seth keeps injuring people, Dean keeps getting smaller and sloppier and less believable on offense each week, and Roman gets fatter and more hated each week. They all need to be shuffled back to the midcard so other guys can get their shot.

:agreed:

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

lmao its all true except they were terrible ever since the moment they broke up.

They should still be together and jobbing to American Alpha or The Revival

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm the unspoken acknowledgement that Enzo isn't deserving of anything resembling a title opportunity and several ranks below even Neville on the totem pole.

Also looking forward to the Nikki Bella/KO interpromotional feud over the Rack Attack TKO finisher

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
enzo's gonna be fire in the cruiserweight divison

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the face of a man who has to win some weird knockoff bootleg belt

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

lmao its all true except they were terrible ever since the moment they broke up.

They should still be together and jobbing to American Alpha or The Revival

I'm not sure if this whole subtopic is schtick, but Rollins and Ambrose are both quite good. AJ Styles murdered way more people than Rollins, so these kinda criticisms cherry picked for certain people always come across as random. Dean being "small", that has gotta be comedy. That guy's pythons are running wild!

As for Roman, let him be a laughing devil-may-care dastardly heel and he may have potential for a fun run. But I do think he should be in the midcard for a while.

Also this is extra hard to wrap my brain around when you're throwing 2014 and 2015 glorious Rollins and Ambrose stuff out the window here. And they were way better after they split up too.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Dean being "small", that has gotta be comedy.

Before:
After:

• Locked thread