Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Cool dad Chris Jericho standing up for his gently caress up step-son Randy Orton when mean Coach Lesnar gave him a beating for talking back in gym class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
So any update on Sami Zayn or was that just some amazingly brilliant selling on his part because when he went down I got worried.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's fine it was part of the matches psychology

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Edge & Christian posted:

1) "There will be consequences" for him attacking Shane McMahon
Shane pretty much no-sold the F5, which I think is funny

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Xenoletum posted:

So any update on Sami Zayn or was that just some amazingly brilliant selling on his part because when he went down I got worried.

I heard about his "injury" before I watched the match, and when he came up a little tender after the barricade moonsault I was sure that was what it was. Then I got to the much more dramatic rolled ankle spot which seemed like a work, then Seth started working the ankle so I figured there was no chance it was real.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
people think it's a real injury any time anyone sells any body part

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I think i am going to be a smackdown man, i like dean, gently caress the haters.

It also a 2 hour show so a shity smackdown is easier to watch then a shity raw.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
According to Cageside Seats THE BIG DOG is the early favorite to win the championship next week.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Professor Funk posted:

According to Cageside Seats THE BIG DOG is the early favorite to win the championship next week.

haha gently caress raw and their fake belt, i be with my boy dean with the REAL belt. then we are going to go get pizza with AJ styles and Cena.

Jericho and Owens is the only thing going for raw atm. i kind of wanted owens to go to smackdown and feud with dean.

EDIT: also raw have a better womans division then smackdown.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 23, 2016

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Honestly Roman getting the top belt and increased promo time that comes with it right around the time Monday Night Football starts up and me being more busy with rehearsals and stuff works perfectly for me.

That being said they're doing SmackDown at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut tonight so I'm gonna go see the real world's champ

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hope they give Roman the belt so that it's easier for me to be exclusively Smackdown until Finn comes back.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Panicbook the title to CenaRoman Reigns GODDAMMIT!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dean (and AJ eventually) should really cut promos about that. Talk about how this is the same title Buddy Rogers and Bruno Sammartino and Ric Flair and Bret Hart and Steve Austin held as opposed to the Raw title.

My gut says they're gonna put the belt on Reigns. Head says it should be Seth, heart says KO. Owens is the most flexible option, really as I don't think they're gonna turn either Roman or Seth, but KO could probably turn fairly easily if they wanted, allowing you to book him with face or heel challengers.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 23, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Dean (and AJ eventually) should really cut promos about that. Talk about how this is the same title Buddy Rogers and Bruno Sammartino and Ric Flair and Bret Hart and Steve Austin held as opposed to the Raw title.

JBL says something like this pretty much every time Dean is onscreen. ONLY ON SMACKDOWN MARIO!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hope they give Roman the belt so that it's easier for me to be exclusively Smackdown until Finn comes back.

smackdown also got the cooler attitude era PPV names (backlash, No Mercy)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Roman Reigns, Universal Champ. A lovely belt for a lovely wrestler.

The Grey posted:

- Lesnar kissed Jericho on the forehead before saying “kiss me back, pussy”
- Jericho got in his face again
- Lesnar held his arms behind his back and said “hit me or kiss me, bitch”
- The confrontation was then broken up

I love wrestling you guys

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it should be either Owens or Roman because Seth Rollins stinks and is a sloppy dangerous worker.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I hope details keep getting added about the backstage confrontation and a detail about Brock doing a new gay thing gets added each time

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Turns out 'I like big sweaty men' was a rib on Brock, as that is his favorite thing to say backstage

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

That DICK! posted:

I hope details keep getting added about the backstage confrontation and a detail about Brock doing a new gay thing gets added each time

I'm basically picturing it like this at this point

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

hell, I would have kissed Brock

Yeah, same.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Sadly it's gonna be Reigns because there are no face challengers they've properly setup for a heel champ right now, even if the crowd will be treating Reigns as one.

Cass ain't winning the belt he's too green.
Sami just jobbed to Seth and failed to get in the 4-Way he's not gonna go from that to challenging for the belt in a month.
Cesaro just started his best of seven with Sheamus.

Reigns is winning and is gonna cycle through some combination of Seth/Rusev/Owens/Strowman for fall to early winter feuds.

:suicide:

This is from way earlier but nobody really responded to it so I'm gonna.

You can kill a month or two with a Reigns feud, especially if KO doesn't pin him (or even if he does because WWE logic). By then you could have Cesaro free of the Sheamus feud (and winning that certainly puts him in the championship mix), or Sami could fight him, or you could throw Neville into it. Or maybe even Big E after New Day drops the titles.

And hell, all of that can get you through the Rumble (and then some, if they can drag it out through a couple PPVs each)...which means Finn comes back.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 23, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Turns out 'I like big sweaty men' was a rib on Brock, as that is his favorite thing to say backstage

It's why he cut that promo about having sex with Sable after that one fight, to prove he's totally not gay, no sir :tinfoil:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Vince is now creating belts to find a way to put it on Reigns

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Okay guys let's put Roman on the midcard, maybe we can build up his stock with the fans

~Gets scattered cheers during his month on the US title stage~

OH gently caress GET HIM BACK IN THE MAIN EVENT, GIVE HIM THE TITLE, MAIN EVENT EVERY SINGLE SHOW WITH HIM OH gently caress THE FANS LOVE HIM

Also, probably a super unpopular opinion but: Anyone else honestly getting loving sick of the Shield in general? Dean and Seth are cool but, it's more than a little lame that they pretty much control the main event over everybody else.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Dean and Seth have successfully splintered away from the Shield gimmick while Roman still relies on it, right down to the vest covering his boobies lol and theme music.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

OldTennisCourt posted:

Okay guys let's put Roman on the midcard, maybe we can build up his stock with the fans

~Gets scattered cheers during his month on the US title stage~

OH gently caress GET HIM BACK IN THE MAIN EVENT, GIVE HIM THE TITLE, MAIN EVENT EVERY SINGLE SHOW WITH HIM OH gently caress THE FANS LOVE HIM

Also, probably a super unpopular opinion but: Anyone else honestly getting loving sick of the Shield in general? Dean and Seth are cool but, it's more than a little lame that they pretty much control the main event over everybody else.

Honestly I feel that way about Seth now. If he came back as a face, that would have been new and interesting, but he's just rehashing the same poo poo that he did all last year. And bring back the curbstomp dammit. You seriously trying to tell me the curbstomp is banned or whatever, but Brock slashing Randy's head open with his elbow is not only intended but expected? Give me a break.

Dean I don't mind as much since he's now completely separate from Seth and Roman. It gives him room to breath a lot more.

Also, wasn't house show attendance super down when Roman had the strap? What's it going to take for Vince to realize that everyone else is right and he's not?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Vince really thinks he's playing the long game here. He's fully expecting that Roman will be hated but overtime he can win people over and have Cena 2.0 on his hands. The whole thing feels like Diesel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Vince really thinks he's playing the long game here. He's fully expecting that Roman will be hated but overtime he can win people over and have Cena 2.0 on his hands. The whole thing feels like Diesel.

We need to find a small prettyboy rear end in a top hat and get him on all the drugs so Vince goes with him instead, is what you're saying?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

OldTennisCourt posted:

Do we have to start chanting Die Roman Die for him to remember, oh hey, we had this exact situation before, and then we turned the guy heel and he found a really good character?

I'm not saying by any means that Roman is the next Rock, but he definitely feels more like Rocky Maivia than anything else. A heel run in the midcard would do wonders for him, but they keep trying to force him into the top spot like maybe THIS TIME THEY'LL UNDERSTAND MY VISION! :vince:

Edit: I forgot that they'll just mute the crowd and then pipe in cheers on the network.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

We need to find a small prettyboy rear end in a top hat and get him on all the drugs so Vince goes with him instead, is what you're saying?

We tried that. The prettyboy was too weak and now we've given Vince the upper hand

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Meltzer's said that Roman is the guy they want to be focused on for Charity stuff so I can't see a heel turn happening soon. It's like Vince had these plans to make Roman a superstar and skipped steps 2 through 20 and just shoved him into Mania main events.

Honestly, minus the drugs? Seth kinda fills the Shawn Michaels role in the Diesel scenario.

The most fascinating thing is Tumblr's view of Roman. He's almost universally beloved there and Dean and Seth are slowly getting turned on by them. Anti-Roman fans are apparently racist and smarks are apparently ruining wrestling for everyone?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Or Luger.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spikeguy posted:

Or Luger.
So what we need to happen is for Roman to drunkenly give away at a bar that he will win the title on RAM next week so that they change the finish

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Meltzer's said that Roman is the guy they want to be focused on for Charity stuff so I can't see a heel turn happening soon. It's like Vince had these plans to make Roman a superstar and skipped steps 2 through 20 and just shoved him into Mania main events.

Honestly, minus the drugs? Seth kinda fills the Shawn Michaels role in the Diesel scenario.

The most fascinating thing is Tumblr's view of Roman. He's almost universally beloved there and Dean and Seth are slowly getting turned on by them. Anti-Roman fans are apparently racist and smarks are apparently ruining wrestling for everyone?

As with many things, Tumblr is right.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

sam bradford lmao posted:

So what we need to happen is for Roman to drunkenly give away at a bar that he will win the title on RAM next week so that they change the finish

Roman only drinks Miller Lites in the comfort of his own home

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
We all need to check our smart fan privilege and realize that not everyone had the luck to be smartened up to the business. Maybe we should stack the deck in favor of the marks for a bit and even things out.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

makes sense to me since tumblr is a site full of brain damaged fucks

quote:

If Summerslam taught us anything it's that we don't need the Shield guys. Roman did gently caress all, Dean had a poo poo-tier match with no heat, and Rollins got beat. My dream scenario is KO beating Roman clean or something.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Did no one see Summerslam? Yes please my wish is to see the man who viciously beat down the guy who just wanted Roman to apologise for insulting his wife. This is a role model I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

That DICK! posted:

Roman only drinks Miller Lites in the comfort of his own home

roman for his birthday got a case of miller lite some rear end magazines and some gift cards no who knows where

• Locked thread