Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMLOVINIT
Mar 30, 2016

Anorexic Robot posted:

Why the gently caress would you cut spaghetti

Barbarians cut spaghetti.

There should be a fixed penalty attached to that.

Actually, no; a lengthy prison sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMLOVINIT
Mar 30, 2016

JiveHonky posted:

you must live in a real dumpster of a town. Most of the pizza places around here you can watch them tossing and spinning the dough and whatnot.

Or maybe that's just for show and they swap the fresh stuff out for the frozen because of being so sneaky?

I'm going to bed now who's cumming with me

You prepare the dough the day before and let it prove ovenight.

The tossing and spinning is commonly mistaken as "theatre" (and it is to an extent) but the real reason is that make the dough intake air so it cooks thicker and better.

Only bigger companies use frozen dough from a central kitchen...and that should be a crime against humanity.

Your bed is too small for the 3 of us.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
for such a feckless race they certainly know how to cook!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSpl0HPfSg

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
If you aint adding a little bit of balsamic vinegar to your tomato sauce you're doing it wrong

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gently KRS posted:

If you aint adding a little bit of balsamic vinegar to your tomato sauce you're doing it wrong
whoa I never even thought of using balsamic, I usually use red wine vinegar

naem
May 29, 2011

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hey, it's Insalatt with his trademark salad leaf!!

naem
May 29, 2011

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Is that the loud retarded guy that calls everyone goober while walking around making an rear end of himself with a video camera?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Sardinia is like the Italy of Italy and I don't think I'll ever eat as well as
I did there. Roast porchetta is some next level food.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pizza is the best italian food

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I just cannot unsee a Tom Savini zombie mutilation scene from this :ohdear:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mamma mia!

I agree it is excellent, particular for fat, balding single men like me, that want a decent meal but don't have the inclination or time to make one.

http://i.imgur.com/GOo0WMN.gifv

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this lasagna recipe takes loving forever to make and i'm never doing it again but drat its good

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/02/no-holds-barred-lasagna-bolognese-pasta-italian-homemade-ricotta.html

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

with like five minutes of prep and ten minutes of cooking you can make a mind-blowing pasta al pomodoro. there's a reason those people once ruled the whole world.

They didn't have pasta nor pomodoro when they ruled the world. Pasta came from China and tomatoes came from America. :science:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

hth posted:

where the gently caress is the gabagool

Gabagool is actually capicola. It became gabagool in America because Italian Americans speak Italian like literal retards :science:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NotWearingPants posted:

They didn't have pasta nor pomodoro when they ruled the world. Pasta came from China and tomatoes came from America. :science:

Pasta actually came from North Africa
http://www.pasta-recipes-by-italians.com/history-of-pasta.html

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NotWearingPants posted:

Noone likes a smart arse.

cnut
May 3, 2016

At least once a month I make chicken cacciatore with only the freshest of canned tomatoes. It is awesome.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Number_6 posted:

Johnny Carino's recently declared like super-bankruptcy (again) so if there's one near you, go there before it closes!

http://nrn.com/corporate-news/johnny-carino-s-owner-files-bankruptcy

Y-Hat posted:

lol the owner bitched about scary scary obamacare as a reason. that's texas for you

quote:

In a filing with federal bankruptcy court in Texas, the CEO of the Austin-based casual dining Italian chain blamed a host of influences for its renewed struggles — including the weak casual dining environment, low oil prices and higher-than-expected costs associated with the Affordable Care Act.

lol wtf I've lived in Austin my entire life and have never heard of Johnny Carinos. The obamacare excuse is funny enough, but "low oil prices"? haha what, how in the gently caress do low oil prices do anything but benefit restaurants as a result of cheaper shipping costs?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jesus Christ posted:

lol wtf I've lived in Austin my entire life and have never heard of Johnny Carinos. The obamacare excuse is funny enough, but "low oil prices"? haha what, how in the gently caress do low oil prices do anything but benefit restaurants as a result of cheaper shipping costs?

Jesus christ!

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Goodpancakes posted:

What did the Italians eat before pasta and tomatoes arrived at their shores?

Peacock, rabbit, spiny lobster, chicken'n'pigs.

quote:

53 Rank of Dishes
Isicia

Entrées of peacock occupy the first rank, provided they be dressed in such a manner that the hard and tough parts be tender. The second place in the estimation of the Gourmets have dished made of rabbit.1 Third spiny lobster.2 Fourth comes chicken and fifth young pig.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
there's already an italian food thread. i made it last week. it's called great gabagool thread. pack your poo poo up and gently caress right off out of town op :colbert:

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Italian food is pretty good and all, and easy to make quickly, but it's got nothing on French food honestly

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
all these fancy european cuisines somehow have nothing on redneck bbq and mexican

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I don't really like spaghet but I love antipasto.

I also made eggplant involtini for the first time a few months ago and it was amaz. I kiss my fingertips like those fat piezanos do to indicate perfection.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

oh yeah and they invented the best food ever which is pizza.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I ve said it before, but it bears repeating: Pizza is my Spirit Animal.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQV6CijIzrc

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

there is no "proper" carbonara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY y-hat approved recipe right here

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What the hell is "Redneck BBQ" and how does it differ from BBQ everywhere else in the world

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

:wth:

my face when she added hot dogs.

and not in a good way. in a, "what the gently caress is she doing" way.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Italian food is good to make on your own or eat at a restaurant

v hard to mess up

I like making giambotta

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Zzulu posted:

What the hell is "Redneck BBQ" and how does it differ from BBQ everywhere else in the world

good bbq is only found in one part of the world specifically the southern usa. rednecks are the people who make said good bbq. any other bbq you think youve had that you thought was good was actually bad hth

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

thathonkey posted:

good bbq is only found in one part of the world specifically the southern usa. rednecks are the people who make said good bbq. any other bbq you think youve had that you thought was good was actually bad hth

quoting cause I've approved and verified the data in this post.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

i had a roommate who's one of those old-school italians from south brooklyn and one day he spent several hours making his own tomato sauce. i never did get to ask for his recipe

He was lying to you, Italians actually come from a place called "Italy". Strange but true.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
'Makes sense. They go generations of huntin' and skinnin' and grillin', and pass that info down. If it doesn't get passed down one family, it'll come around sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

I enjoy the bqq ribs at Chili's

• Locked thread