Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like Italian foods but charging 20 for meatless noodles is a loving con

Also lol at being an Italian chef. There's a reason that even deranged Italian women can cook that kind of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

lol another fool who is useless in a kitchen

if i asked you to mix me up some pasta dough you'd prolly look at me blankly and ask if you should use the kitchen-aid

Oh no making loving dough a mystery from the crystal dimension

Also the height of Italian technique

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Spices? What? --an Italian

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

protip there's very little that's actually 'difficult' to cook. it's just 50% paying attention to detail and patience and 50% the freshest best ingredients you can find.

even something like a flambe looks way more impressive than it really is

if 'difficulty to cook' is your metric as opposed to tastiness when in your mouth or appearance on a plate then lol

And yet every cook is extremely proud of the work they do, unless they're Italian, in which case proud is not a strong enough word as they feel they regularly do the labors of Hercules in boiling noodles and cooking onions, peppers and tomatoes in a pan.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Some day I will meet a cook that says "I've worked in restaurants for years but I feel there's a lot of food I can't do justice to and a lot of people who do what I do better than I do it" instead "I'M A BADASS BITCH ON THE LINE, THE WHISTLE GOES WOOO WOOOOOOO"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

that's because it's a great feeling producing an excellent dish from some raw ingredients and then having people enjoy it. it's also because yeah it takes some skill built up by repetition to really make something truly excellent and it's normal to be proud of that skill.

Esp if it's a recipe they came up with themselves which tastes good bc of their developed sense of flavor profiles.

I really dunno what you're on about with Italian cooks acting like they're superman or something I suggest maybe having some lasagna and relaxing :)

So is there very little to it or is there actually something to be proud of, because right now what you're telling me is that it's normal to be proud over very little.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
For the record I think cooking professionally is difficult and probably one of the least rewarding jobs financially for the work people do and that there is a lot of food that is very difficult to do well under real working conditions instead of for just four people and you have all day to get it done. But there's just nothing to Italian food. There are almost no twists or surprises. You just look at the ingredients and cook everything in the firstest and plainest way that comes into your mind.

I used to get a bowl of noodles at a Chinese place where the noodles were pulled and cooked a la minute, where they were served in one of several very complex broths that took at least half a day to make, topped with a few balanced herbs, the meat that went in also carefully flavored and prepared, and it was $4.25.

The Italian place not more than 15 minutes away would want 18.50 for Barilla boiled up while some incredibly disgusting aspiring rapist fried half an onion and some garlic about halfway right and then threw canned tomatoes in it with his fingers and mushed them up. I'm sure if I talked to him over the bullshit he was making through he would have had tears in his eyes been reduced to gutteral noises for a third of the conversation over the fine order of the universe and love of his mother that he felt he actually saw in that slop.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

nah im pretty sure im not a complete idiot but in fact most goons are complete idiots

I mean stop having so many stupid dumbfuck opinions lol

"italian food is bad"
"cuisine's value is measured by complexity to cook"
"popular thing is bad"
"trans people are all mentally ill and not really trans"
"GBS should be what I say it should be!"
"uhh someone disagrees and I have no logical argument or evidence to support my view better make some poo poo up"
"let me complain about the mods!"
"the police did nothing wrong!"
"anime anime anime anime anime *foams at mouth*"

or alternatively don't get so salty when someone decides to argue with you about them

A - Most goons are complete idiots
B - Most goons have bad opinions
C - My opinion of myself as a goon is that I am not an idiot and have good opinions

I hope you have enjoyed these bullet points from an unstable mind.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I mean you're just talking out your rear end in a top hat buddy idk what to tell you. Osso Bucco?

An abc braise ohhhhh mannnn wowwww

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

it just amazes me that goons hate italian food bc 'everyone serves lovely barilla pasta' you people are loving dumb lol

get outta your shells and experience life you sad sacks. go to Italy and have a good time or something

goditi la vita

Visit scenic Italy and experience all the 12th best things the world has to offer.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

idk if you think this is a burn or not but whining that Italy is bad and dumb and not worth visiting has to be the gooniest thing I've read all week

Italy: For when you're scared to leave Europe but also want to see real filth.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Italy: I'm a tour guide and I come from a long line of tour guides, everyone in my town is a tour guide, also everyone in all of the other towns.

We are very proud of these things we don't care about that our ancestors copied from Greeks.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

who wants to come to olive garden with me ?? BREAD STICKS ON ME !!!

All you can eat includes the pooty hole baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Did anybody post Italian massage yet
https://youtu.be/attffb8oSCI

This ain't the documentary thread cholo

• Locked thread