Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

I had phantom beard for a couple days where I would be randomly feeling like mustache hairs were getting in my mouth and poo poo. Being forgetful didn't help.

I actually shaved in December after having a beard for most of a decade and it took like 2 months for that part of my face to adjust to cold weather. I'd walk outside and my whole body would be fine at 40-50 degrees but my lower face would feel like it was peeling off from frostbite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryPoetryPostr
May 13, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hazed

"We met in the haziness
Hid in its green clouds
Long breaths of laziness
Without no care or doubts

I’m drunk by your liquor eyes
High by your pleasure
Addicted to your taste
You give me that seizure

If I’m clean
Free by your dark dirt
I’m bored when I’m sober
Without your stains on my T-shirt

You are the danger
I don’t want to avoid
If it kills me let it be
Nothing would fill the void

How did I fall for you
I don’t know
Your starry eyes captured me
And made me go
Crazy"

-Paper Heart Poet

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

poverty goat posted:

I actually shaved in December after having a beard for most of a decade and it took like 2 months for that part of my face to adjust to cold weather. I'd walk outside and my whole body would be fine at 40-50 degrees but my lower face would feel like it was peeling off from frostbite

oh yeah, I had shaved off my beard for Mother's Day last year and had that going on for sure.
Best part was not worrying for a while about where joint embers went falling.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Got my first ever glass water piece and a rounded quartz banger. Picking up torches tonight after work and gonna break in my new tool this weekend. Fresh gram of shatter all ready to go. I'm pumped! I feel like a real stoner now :3:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

a friend of mine spent a week doing silent meditation and came to the realization that Substances were not working for him so he came over and gave all of his substances to me including a quarter of very nice sativa he had just bought and some nice cbd flower as well

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Nice friend score.

I have smoked many many many many many times for lots of years and fairly often.

But lately, sometimes I'll get nausea after a hit. I quit doing the vape concentrates because of a more pronounced indication of this issue.

Weed is great and all but what the heck man.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

grillster posted:

Nice friend score.

I have smoked many many many many many times for lots of years and fairly often.

But lately, sometimes I'll get nausea after a hit. I quit doing the vape concentrates because of a more pronounced indication of this issue.

Weed is great and all but what the heck man.

apparently there's a whole thing..but hopefully not that?

https://www.livescience.com/62251-marijuana-syndrome-hot-showers.html

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

The showers help. The cure to this cyclical vomiting is taking some Benedril. Funny thing is the same symptoms apply to severe constipation.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Earwicker posted:

a friend of mine spent a week doing silent meditation and came to the realization that Substances were not working for him so he came over and gave all of his substances to me including a quarter of very nice sativa he had just bought and some nice cbd flower as well

i had to evacuate from a foreign country a couple months back, about a day after i had just reupped 10g's

i gave it all to a local friend (who had obviously never seen that much all in one place) along with some equipment right before i took off. he looked like he just about died of happiness.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Earwicker posted:

The yoga studio I go to has been doing Zoom classes since the shutdown. I do yoga and meditation while high and it is loving amazing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've never tried a strain called Blackjack, but it was on sale for $100 an ounce so I figured how bad could it be.

Vaping less than 1 bowl hosed me right up, took a nap, still high...it's going to be a great weekend.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
There's definitely a learning curve to heating the banger but hot drat I'm glad I finally got a little rig. It's cute and functional!

One of the torches I picked up has a non-working child safety mechanism. You can get easily ignite it. After dabs last night I thought way too hard and sincerely about how it would not be a good butane torch for a child to play with :eng101:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Did yardwork all morning. Had a gyro pita delivered. Washed that down with a tall boy and 20mg edible for desert.

Talk about a power nap.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

zer0spunk posted:

I really wish they'd figure this poo poo out because I've felt like poo poo sometimes when I've smoked recently, like abdominal pain and poo poo. Fuckin' body, let me abuse the poo poo out of you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The other thing is that my base anxiety level is roughly 300x higher than normal due to the mysterious highly transmissible disease has any of 49 different symptoms, so that ain't helping me feel better

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

MysteryPoetryPostr posted:

Hazed

"We met in the haziness
Hid in its green clouds
Long breaths of laziness
Without no care or doubts

I’m drunk by your liquor eyes
High by your pleasure
Addicted to your taste
You give me that seizure

If I’m clean
Free by your dark dirt
I’m bored when I’m sober
Without your stains on my T-shirt

You are the danger
I don’t want to avoid
If it kills me let it be
Nothing would fill the void

How did I fall for you
I don’t know
Your starry eyes captured me
And made me go
Crazy"

-Paper Heart Poet

i'm glad this guy was permabanned.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bagmonkey posted:

I really wish they'd figure this poo poo out because I've felt like poo poo sometimes when I've smoked recently, like abdominal pain and poo poo. Fuckin' body, let me abuse the poo poo out of you

this might just be me being stoned but what happens if you smoke a joint in the hot shower?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

zer0spunk posted:

this might just be me being stoned but what happens if you smoke a joint in the hot shower?

Dude I haven't tried showers yet but if and when I do, I may try this. Maybe I'll just have to live my life like the Snowpiercer of hot showers

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Hell Yeah posted:

i'm glad this guy was permabanned.

seraph84 re-regged again just to post a weird poem in the weed thread? :psyduck:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bagmonkey posted:

Dude I haven't tried showers yet but if and when I do, I may try this. Maybe I'll just have to live my life like the Snowpiercer of hot showers

Pros:

Shower joints are just fantastic

Cons:

A life of pruney fingers

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
That sounds rad. When I still smoked, a cig and a beer made for a high tier shower, but a joint and maybe still a beer sounds luxury.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Agrinja posted:

That sounds rad. When I still smoked, a cig and a beer made for a high tier shower, but a joint and maybe still a beer sounds luxury.

I admire your ability to double fist vices in a shower. I've always needed one free dry hand to make this work, you sir (or madam its 2020) are a fuckin' g.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
The only problem is gonna be the humidity and your joint is gonna keep going out. Trust me, I've done it. It's not *bad* its just more of a waste.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Those same brownies that give me an excellent case of the snoozes gave my friend what he described as the most mind-bending 8 hours of his life last week.

hes a seasoned toker although has been out of the game for a long time due to having a kid and life etc. He was having trouble sleeping and so I gave him a few brownies to try since they worked so well for myself.

anyway, he had a half and went to bed. about an hour later he couldnt sleep because he was transported to another dimension where he was trapped inside a bubble.

one of our friends said they were playing COD with him at like 3am because he couldnt sleep and he even sounded like he was talking from inside a bubble - all muffled and quiet sounding.

Anyway, he wasnt upset about the trip, he leaned into it to make the most of it, just upset it didnt have the desired effect of knocking him out.

reminder that this was 28G of medium-browned ABV in a regular betty crocker brownie mix divided into 16 serves, which he then halved his two.

hes gonna try a 1/4 next weekend.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I did the same thing with 7g of abv and had a similar experience. I'm definitely doing it again, best use of abv by far.

Do a couple cold water washes and the butter/oil is almost flavorless too.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I am real crap at rolling joints so I could use some pointers if anyone has any. I have all the time in the world to get better at this point.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

I am real crap at rolling joints so I could use some pointers if anyone has any. I have all the time in the world to get better at this point.

Finely grind your weed prior to pulling out a paper. If you want the easy trick, buy a rolling mat or machine. For by hand, just gradually roll the paper into itself while spreading the weed evenly. Keep the roll tight and event then lick the paper. Stuff the ends a little bit, seal one end, make a fuse on the other. Grab the fuse and shake the weed toward the other end. Run your fingers along the side of the joint to get any last irregularities in the grain sorted. That should make one that burns slow and doesn't canoe. Use good papers.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry about the ends, get the middle. You can work out the ends after it's rolled, as above

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Video Nasty posted:

My honest advice aside from all these good people's is to buy a pack of decent papers and waste it, then do it again. Grind up a joints worth of weed, roll, rip it apart and roll again. Keep rolling, the loving sauce is within you, you only got a hundred or so poo poo joints to work out before you start rolling killer.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
no shame in a machine. hand rolling is great in a pinch 100%, but what i can do with my hands, weed and a paper doesn't come close to what i can do with a grinder a machine, and a filter tip.

one works fine, looks fine..the other - the perfect consistency of a cig in thickness and weight, will stay cherry and burn perfectly even without needing to relight, annndd 0 ash in your mouth or resinated end gettin' all nasty...plus i can crank em out faster then rolling each one by hand.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i like using my hands because i feel like most machines tend to roll them too tight and they dont draw as well

i would say if you are just starting out, imo its easier to learn to roll with "bad" papers, the kind that come for free with a pack of rolling tobacco like bugle or whatever, than it is to roll with the nice raw hemp kinds that are now the standard for joints

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I picked up a $60 ounce and it's not all stems! Just mostly stems

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Rolling joints is one of the few things I do well.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

A rolling tray works great for keeping things tidy, be it one of these or simply a drum practice pad.

grillster fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 20, 2020

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i am OUT of school and BACK in weed. sorry for yelling.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for all the advice so far about rolling. How does everyone do a little nub at the mouthpiece?
I think I overheard once about ripping parts of a cigarette pack and rolling that into a cylinder shape?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Cig filter works or you can zig-zag a short piece of cardboard the width of how long you want your filter. Usually for this a little bit of the roller paper box is sacrificed. Zig-zag the strip of paper and tuck it into the end of the joint.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
once you have the little piece of cardboard you fold it like this ^----- and then you wrap the flat end up and around the point and back into a circle, this will help with bits getting sucked through

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Walrus posted:

once you have the little piece of cardboard you fold it like this ^----- and then you wrap the flat end up and around the point and back into a circle, this will help with bits getting sucked through

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I'm high on potenuse

seriously though don't do bonghits during a takehome calculus exam