Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Watch wiz khalifa’s boat method of rolling joints and never look back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB44HdBZrz8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm lazy and just use a $4 roller machine but to each their own.

Like this:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I mean I trust Wiz Khalifa's advice for rolling joints 100% but I'm also lazy, so if a roller machine works well enough then that's good enough for me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They take practice too. You want to apply light pressure to the back (fixed) roller when you pull on the front roller, or you'll get a loosey. Too much pressure and you won't be able to pull through the joint. Just enough pressure to create light drag on the back roller is fine.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

boop the snoot posted:

Watch wiz khalifa’s boat method of rolling joints and never look back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB44HdBZrz8

Never look back at your wallet, more like, holy poo poo how much is in one jay with him

I didn’t have any rap singles, I can’t afford to use that much at once

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's about a gram. King size papers are 110mm long, the crutch is about 15mm.

That boat method is pretty good, easier than the way I was taught, but it won't replace my roller. I can just load the roller, close it and walk away if I need to. Crutch rolls evenly inside, no fiddling with trying to jam it in after.

If you smoke joints often enough, just order a box of papers from amazon or whatever. A box of Elements is about $35 for 50 packs, instead of $3/pack at the gas station. A box is around 1500 papers.

Then you can be a nice stoner friend to those without papers and not feel like you're wasting money when you give a buddy a pack. 70¢/pack is a lot better than $3/pack.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Cats knocked my fury edge off the high shelf onto stone tiles and it's fine but the glass mouthpiece cracked so I'm getting a new one. Glad that it comes with the other mouthpiece which I've never used before.

Also smoked some Durban poison at 430 last night and had no anxiety. I think it's more about me than it is about the weed. Regulating my mental state, having a good time, saying 'lol no' when a bad thought crops up, and actively thinking about something else instead. And yeah I think THCV is real. Compared to the other stuff I've been smoking recently, it didn't make me particularly hungry. Maybe 20% more hungry vs, not joking, about 250% more hungry with other weeds.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redreader posted:

Also smoked some Durban poison at 430 last night and had no anxiety. I think it's more about me than it is about the weed.

i also feel this makes a way bigger difference than what strain you have but ymmv

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Protocol7 posted:

How hard is it to roll a joint if you're a newbie? I like smoking the occasional joint but I don't like buying the lovely prerolls that always canoe or just get completely burned through in 5 minutes.

Though I really should just to dig my herb vape out of my box of paraphernalia...

I pretty much only hand roll.

Start with pinners and no crutch. They're a little tougher, but once you get that down you're good to go for anything more advanced. And they're less wasteful if it's just you. Really figure out how to roll the weed back and forth to "form" it just right, and get the paper to roll without folding over. Sticky weed is your friend. Dry weed is similar to herding cats. You can start with a small amount, form it, add more, form it, etc. until you get the size you want. If you're adding kief, try to get it in the middle before you cover it with some more flower. It's okay to muzzle load the stuff that fell out, once you're done.
A crutch is convenient, but adds an extra plate to keep spinning when you're new. Papers are cheap, so dont feel bad about cutting it open and starting over. You can clip the corners that get rolled in if that gives you trouble. I think zig-zag sells some like this? Sooner than you think, you'll be trimming off 1/4'' or more of paper lengthwise before you start, cuz you just dont need it. The glue on the paper will wash away with excess slobber, so be mindful, or lick it from the backside once its rolled in place. Tap it down a dozen times on your tray, like you would a cigarette to get everything settled, maybe use the eraser end of a pencil to seat it more firmly, and twist the open end gently, just enough to keep the we'd from spilling out. I use the curved end of a bobby-pin to tamp down the mouth end weed so it doesn't fall out or get sucked out.

The Crown in that second image is so you can touch the edge of the flame to the rim, rotate, then grab the twisted part and pull it off like a little cap before you light the joint proper.
When you get to rolling with a crutch, you can roll one as simple or as fun-design as you like. I usually roll a little heart in mine. RAW sells the pre-rolled crutches, or the little book you roll yourself, but I find them a little short for my liking. A sturdy piece of paper that rolls instead folds is all you need. Construction paper, sketchbook paper, or a business card works.

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 13, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

fuctifino posted:

Pure THCΔ9 distillate in a CCell ecig cartridge.

It's rather strong.

I was so excited when I figured out I could do this with mine lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the technique is all about rolling the weed into a cylinder using the paper as a form before you actually roll the paper around it and finally seal.

it's difficult to explain or show in a video, it's best to have someone show you in person. then it just takes a lot of practice to get good at. even if you understood the technique perfectly from what someone has written out for you, youd still be rolling poo poo joints for weeks until you have it down

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the technique for rolling good blunts is, in my opinion, actually a bit easier to grasp as you can use a flat surface as leverage (think like rolling up a carpet on the floor, you can press down and tuck into the surface as you roll to keep it tight) and plus the paper is just thicker easier to work with. until time to seal, that part is harder with blunts.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I prefer to emphasize speed over accuracy when it comes to rolling joints. Maybe it's just because I'm not a perfectionist but instead of making a perfect joint I like to focus on making one within five seconds

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

In the past, I've dumped out a Black and Mild and just stuffed it back up with bud. Got a nice tip on it and everything. I am not a good bluntsmith.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I've used a rollbox type rolling machine for years. it rolls good cylindrical joints, it's a cool mechanism and it's very tidy because it ejects the finished joint outside the box while catching any weed that spills out inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtd-0aW7vSo

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The important thing is to put on your fav chill music and enjoy the process.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those rollboxes have been around for ages. I used one when I rolled cigarettes for about a week, like 20 years ago. It's no more complicated than the type I posted a picture of up above, but I felt like I got better control rolling with the old two roller design. To each their own, though, use what you're comfortable with.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
i felt lovely after my covid vaxx and my tinnitus went through the roof and then I smoked weed and it went more through the roof but then I smoked more weed and more and and did that for a few days (more and more and more and more weed, twenty four weed) and now things seem to be calming down

i'm not gonna risk it though I better keep smoking tons of weed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I roll blunts and joints.

Blunts are substantially easier for me than joints.

My joints often get clogged because they get rolled too tight.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The important thing is to put on your fav chill music and enjoy the process.

This is important to my fallout 76 gaming. Nothing like running around killing super mutants while singing James Taylor, telling them how much you love them before you sink a mag of .45 into their chests.

I have no idea why I still play that game.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Buddy, i think you need some chiller weed

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
weed

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

big if true

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Stoned and sitting in on a Teams meeting where one of our suppliers is teaching all the olds in my company how to use their new and improved "e-commerce" website. Did I get so high that I traveled back in time? Maybe.

edit: well that was pointless, they all seem to have agreed that the website is too complicated and they rather keep faxing purchase orders for someone else to do the work (making themselves useless, but what do I know)

Almost time for a Friday lunch & toke.

owls or something fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 14, 2021

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
high there, kids, I'm just checking in here.

Reporting for duty lol. I'm the Professor.

We can still do that, right?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm still awake smoking weed

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I don't remember who told me how to heat and hit the dynavap, but I love you.

I combined your advice with the guy pushing Motorbreath and wowee. That little thing packs a hell of a punch when you heat it slow and hit it fast.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my dynavap rips harder than any desktop vape i've used. i use this torch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFBTYQ7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details aiming the two bottom jets at the V on the cap and heat 3-5 seconds past the click, then draw moderately hard on it. subsequent heating cycles you can heat just to a click and draw slightly harder. if your dynavap isn't hitting hard enough try drawing more softly, if it's hitting too hard suck lots of air through.
I pack it pretty tightly just by pressing the open capless tip into a little container of weed.
I use a dynavap m with a ti tip.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

G-Pen Connect: kinda overpriced but daaaamn does it dab hard
Stündenglass or whatever: super overpriced but amazing for people obsessed with gravity bongs
It is too easy to spend on smoking devices when considering how expensive weed used to be

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I don't remember who told me how to heat and hit the dynavap, but I love you.

I combined your advice with the guy pushing Motorbreath and wowee. That little thing packs a hell of a punch when you heat it slow and hit it fast.

Thanks for the post! I had some motorbreath to celebrate!

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Since we are sharing dynavap tech, this kind of cheap dab tool has a spoon shaped end that is the perfect shape to scrape a dynacoil clean of crud to get a little more mileage out of a cleaning if you vape dirty concentrate. The pointy end is also handy for venting your jet lighter before you fill it, which helps keep them in good working order.

https://smile.amazon.com/Packs-Carv...21118562&sr=8-4

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Got my second shot and I’m coping with weed

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pussy Quipped posted:

I’m coping with weed

:same:

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I feel ripped off honestly, I was prepared to char broil my braincells while the nanobots did their business but now I'll just have to do it anyway like I was planning to.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

if anyone has a dynavap er dugout, can you please measure the size of the drill hole and depth for the silicone side stash?

I got the non-er version which doesn't have the hole in the side near the bottom to hold the little silicon container for extract.

I was thinking if I could get the measurement, its solid wood, I could use my brothers drill press and set the depth and use a right size drill bit and just transform it myself.

i know its a long shot but I thought i would ask!

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Wendigee posted:

if anyone has a dynavap er dugout, can you please measure the size of the drill hole and depth for the silicone side stash?

I got the non-er version which doesn't have the hole in the side near the bottom to hold the little silicon container for extract.

I was thinking if I could get the measurement, its solid wood, I could use my brothers drill press and set the depth and use a right size drill bit and just transform it myself.

i know its a long shot but I thought i would ask!

Idk what size, but buy a forstner bit to get a cleaner hole.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

Idk what size, but buy a forstner bit to get a cleaner hole.

okay thank you i will do so

edit:

actually after talking to my brother and researching the price for a forstner bit vs buying the dugout i want, i think its better to just drill small and finish the hole out with rough sandpaper to size then polish it down with finer grit.

It will take a bit more time but his paddle bit should work for a couple centimeters or whatever it is.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 17, 2021

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Almost exactly 7/8" and a tad over 5/8" deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I m about to smoke some dabs boysssd