Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Furious George posted:

To compare with the other vapes I have, I would say it goes -

Pax3
Dynavap
DaVinci IQ2
Firefly 2

It's hard to beat the pax for convenience and discreteness, but i'm glad to have both tbh.

Here's my list of what I've tried in order of how much I liked them:

Fury Edge
Dynavap
Pax 2
Arizer Air
G Pen Pro
Vapman

I think I'm missing one, but those are the ones I've owned. Pax 2 was fine but I just didn't like it nearly as much as I like the Fury or Dyna, but it's something every regular smoker needs to try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
I should have added Pax Era at the top, but I don't live in a legal place so it's impossible to get legit carts :sigh:

I only really started looking around for Pax alternatives because I don't really love that it has plastic in the oven, plus it's started not really wanting to charge. So I went for the IQ2 which is all glass/ceramic, but the Micro USB socket on it is incredibly fragile, i've had two free replacement units from them so far. But it has a removable battery, so now I have 3 perfectly good IQ2's..

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
the replacement part for my arizer eq came in yesterday so i got to use the whip. it was nuts having it blow directly into my lungs, pretty happy with it. i'm tempted to just load up the bigass aromatherapy glass, put it in a small room and turn on the blower

i hardly ever use my dynavap anymore. it doesn't hold very much and you gotta wait it to cool down before you can reload. i don't feel bad about buying it, but it's more of a novelty. the one thing that it is great for is travel, the little case that the induction heater came with is a good size and you can keep everything you need in there for both dabs and flower

the little buckets that came with the ispire wand, though, oh man i get a ton of use out of those. using a torch to do dabs always felt gross like i was doing hard drugs. it's also nice being able to set a temp on the wand instead of counting and then measuring with my thermometer or just guessing when i'm lazy

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Furious George posted:

Pax3
Dynavap
DaVinci IQ2
Firefly 2

It's hard to beat the pax for convenience and discreteness, but i'm glad to have both tbh.

Echoing the Pax love here. I specifically got the 3 because of its ability to do both flower and concentrates, but I haven't even used the concentrate insert yet and I've had it over a year. I live in Michigan where it's legal, so my plan is to start growing my own and using the AVB in tinctures. I have to admit, though, the intricacies of growing really terrify me.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I've been using my bong for flower a lot more lately and I'm also on new meds which are slightly loving with my fine motor control on my hands a bit in the evening. This has meant that I've spilled 3 out of the last 4 bowls I packed. I had to figure out a better way. So I did.

Voila:

I just cut a notch in the side of the container for the handle to sit in and now I can load flower WAY easier.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Furious George posted:

I tried it first just with an ordinary Clipper just to see how it works like that and my main takeaway was that it blacks up the tip and then you inevitably get black fingers, so that's not great - does that happen with a jet lighter as well?

Don't have this problem with torch lighters. While yeah you can use normal lighters, torches work way better.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

So I've been using my bong for flower a lot more lately and I'm also on new meds which are slightly loving with my fine motor control on my hands a bit in the evening. This has meant that I've spilled 3 out of the last 4 bowls I packed. I had to figure out a better way. So I did.

Voila:

I just cut a notch in the side of the container for the handle to sit in and now I can load flower WAY easier.

Also toothbrush holders

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

KingShiro posted:

Don't have this problem with torch lighters. While yeah you can use normal lighters, torches work way better.

In what sense is a torch way better? Like, the clipper heated it until it clicked in a pretty short amount of time and then weed went in my body, so apart from not leaving black on the cap how else are they better?

I also want to take this opportunity to apologise for using the terrible phrase "main takeaway", i'm sorry.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

Also toothbrush holders

I didn't think of that! Thank you Inspector Hound

Please post your weed hacks everyone. Let's use our collective knowledge to improve our overall experiences!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can share the picture tutorial I took for my friend who's new to pot on how to properly edge a glass bowl. It takes practices, but once you understand the concept, it's not hard at all to get it down

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

I didn't think of that! Thank you Inspector Hound

Please post your weed hacks everyone. Let's use our collective knowledge to improve our overall experiences!!!

I like to consume large amounts of weed to counter my anxiety: and it works!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

A Stupid Baby posted:

Anyone have any advice on methods for preventing or managing the "panic high"? I've been getting it more lately and usually manifests in becoming super aware of my heartbeat and starting to freak out over whether it's abnormal or not. Might just be the strain of flower too, no legal here yet so of course I rarely have a good idea what I'm actually getting. I think I've seen switching between weed and CBD flower suggested so I'm thinking about trying that, but I was also under the impression that whatever it is the strip mall CBD stores are selling is junk
I buy CBD isolate online from as-legit-as-practically-possible sources and dissolve it in coconut oil to make a tincture. Then take 10-20mg of that sublingually a few minutes before smoking THC flower.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
NEW WEED SMOKER PRO TIPS BY BAGMONKEY

TODAY'S LESSON: EDGING A BOWL

Pack your bowl nice and full and tight. No puffy poo poo, make sure it's in there decently because it's semi-important for what we're doing today!

Once you're ready, line your lighter up to the left or right edge of the bowl as shown below!

As you inhale, you SHOULD only hit the one side of the bowl. This will take practice, as it's about technique, but once you get it, you've got it. This is very helpful with not torching a full bowl and not killing every bit of kief that on the top of your bowl. This can also help a lot with limiting how much you're smoking, as you can better control how big the cherry gets.

End result:

If I'm a complete loving moron please let me know but I've been doing this for like a decade and I'm still getting high off less than a whole bowl

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no that's the right thing, though i've moved on to just packing as much as i can do in one hit in the bong. but yes no point in torching weed that's not making it to your lungs

uh other basic things, you can cap it with a coin like a quarter or a nickel if you need, works better than the bottom of a lighter

there's no point in holding your breath imo, keep in mind most of the smoke has been sitting in your lungs while you continue to inhale

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 27, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

uh other basic things, you can cap it with a coin like a quarter or a nickel if you need, works better than the bottom of a lighter

there's no point in holding your breath imo, keep in mind most of the smoke has been sitting in your lungs while you continue to inhale

Yep, there have been studies that show that most of the THC/CBD/etc is absorbed within a second or two of you breathing in, so by the time you're done taking a rip, you're good to blow that poo poo out

I feel like these are good things to post for the new weed smokers. Crazy to me that we haven't fuckin legalized it yet

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

creamcityvapes, coupon newsletter25, $126.

FUUUUUU

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

It's sure nice to see somebody else that appreciates the correct way to smoke a bowl.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Ddave adapter for the vtower is gonna come by Monday, hope it’s cool.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone want to know how to use tincture ?

1. You put it in your mouth

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

Ddave adapter for the vtower is gonna come by Monday, hope it’s cool.

very happy with my ddave titanium stem for the dynavap, that also doubles as a one-hitter stem for his smaller diameter low profile bowl

what a swiss army knife device lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Okay but is this Ddave?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This website is insanely confusing and part of the reason why I'm just gonna stick with my sweet bong, I have zero clue what 90% of this means

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

euphronius posted:

Does anyone want to know how to use tincture ?

1. You put it in your mouth

I've actually done research on this for work and only 45% of tinctures users do it that way. It's a mix of drink additives and food additives for the rest.

There some cool drink additives that are way better than select squeeze coming to market this year.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

bagmonkey posted:

This website is insanely confusing and part of the reason why I'm just gonna stick with my sweet bong, I have zero clue what 90% of this means

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Anybody tried any non delta 9 based edibles? I ordered a bottle of thc-p/delta 8 tincture (contains "920mg of THC-P + Delta 8"), some 40mg delta 8/delta 10 gummies (70% delta 8, 20% delta 10, 10% terpenes), and a bottle of 25mg thc-o capsules (30 count). Was especially curious how they interact with delta 9 edibles and vapes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My experience was in effect it feels like the training wheels version of 9

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My experience was in effect it feels like the training wheels version of 9

They advertise thc-p as being something like thirty times stronger than d9, though. They also advertise brine shrimp as castle-building, marine primates, so idk. I’m hoping in combination with d9 edibles, at least one of the cannabinoids I ordered will be good for pain, since my foot is broken and totally hosed up, and opioids don’t really work great on me.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

THC-O is what the OSS would lace cigarettes with in WW2. Our spies would give them to enemy soldiers to make them more talkative.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

owls or something posted:

THC-O is what the OSS would lace cigarettes with in WW2. Our spies would give them to enemy soldiers to make them more talkative.

sort of

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

They advertise thc-p as being something like thirty times stronger than d9, though. They also advertise brine shrimp as castle-building, marine primates, so idk. I’m hoping in combination with d9 edibles, at least one of the cannabinoids I ordered will be good for pain, since my foot is broken and totally hosed up, and opioids don’t really work great on me.

:shrug: I'm not sure, I guess different body chemistries and all but 30x stronger sure wasn't my experience and sounds like a claim from the bad guy in mcbain

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Like everyone's talking about some custom tip or something but all I'm seeing is weird photos, stuff that's priced about the same as an eighth of top shelf stuff and no explanation as to what the heck any of it is

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I am conflicted. Just received an order from my normal place felt like I have a good amount right now. Next day get email for new deal $50 oz's of Super Silver Haze. Is there some version of that sigh...unzip meme but its ordering weed?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sedgr posted:

I am conflicted. Just received an order from my normal place felt like I have a good amount right now. Next day get email for new deal $50 oz's of Super Silver Haze. Is there some version of that sigh...unzip meme but its ordering weed?

Yes, it's how I ended up with like 12 carts back in December. The deals just kept coming and it was really hard to pass up like, 5/$100 on something that's normally 3 or 4 for $100. Funniest part is that the prices now are actually cheaper! Apparently Michigan had a massive overharvest in 2021 so distillate prices are crashing right now, 6/$100 1g carts Rec isn't unheard of and 7/$100 1g med carts is kinda common now

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

man i thought california had bad prices but i just went to a dispensary here in mass and everything is almost twice what i usually pay wtf! half gram carts for loving $55? are other legal states on the east coast this bad?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

TFA posted:

The Hollister study suggests that effectiveness of EA 2233 in an aerosol might be much greater than by the oral route, however this has never been independently verified using DMHP EA 2233.

I know the next goon project

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Earwicker posted:

man i thought california had bad prices but i just went to a dispensary here in mass and everything is almost twice what i usually pay wtf! half gram carts for loving $55? are other legal states on the east coast this bad?

Pretty bad (PA Medical), but not much crazier than the delivery guy I used to use. 50-60 for a half gram: you can get a store brand for ~40, but my experience is that those have been markedly inferior.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 28, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

I think the midwest is like this outside of Michigan, however Michigan has had medical for forever so that's not too surprising

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What temps do you guys vape at?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

365 for flavor 430 to finish. More at 430 because I end up forgetting and leaving it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
380F, higher if strain has thcv