Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
we'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i use this exact one and it makes a perfect one every time, even the first one i made. i cut off the bottom 1/2" inch of an old magic card and roll it into a spiral to make a filter and set that all the way on the left side, then fill the rest with wede and roll it until it's cylindrical. feed the paper in with the glue facing you, roll it up until the glue is just showing, wet it and roll it the rest of the way. i've only ever used the front roller. i can't roll a normal joint for poo poo but people are impressed by these

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

that's how i make blunts, i roll them between my fingers to massage the tobacco out, pop in a filter and then muzzle load them. best to buy the minis since you're not cutting them and lowering the diameter

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

according to the dab timer I left running until just now its been nearly an hour since I last smoked some weed

Also regarding dab chat hot nails in particular were what I grew up on but in the interim of 3-4 years when I moved away from home and came back metal nails are nowhere to be seen trust me I have asked my stoner buds.
Its all about quartz 'bingers now ; but the old adage of smoke trees then wax still holds true imo
i had a nectar collector that i dropped and broke while completely sober. i saved the business end and it fit perfectly into my old bong. now i have a dab rig that i can fill up with crushed ice and take a colossal rip. would recommend, just remember not to try to lift it out while it's hot

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

it does for me. i've gotten into the habit of smoking before bed, and i was on a work trip recently where i didn't and ended up having terrible dreams every night

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's no point using RSO for dabs, put that poo poo in food. It's decarbed and ready to eat. Or put it in topicals if that's your thing. Smoking it is kind of a waste though. That's what cheap wax is for.

You can get a similar effect if you just wash out your dab rig with iso and let it evaporate off, then throw it in food.
so this second part, a while back cleaned out my dab rig by filling it with everclear and putting the whole thing in a double boiler. cleaned it really well and it left me with murky alcohol that i saved in a jar. i boiled off as much of the alcohol as i could yesterday and now i have a sticky brown substance. is there anything safe to do with this or have i ruined it and need to chuck it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i don't smoke every day and i have plenty of stock, it's more that i'm curious as to what i do with it. do i eat it? add it to a joint/bowl? put it in my dab rig? put it in whatever my little battery-powered thing with the coils inside that heat up?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

thanks, i'll give it a try some time this week. good to know that my cleaning method returns something useful. i put my piece on a trivet in my pressure cooker, filled the cooker with water and the piece with everclear and set it to boil for a few hours. much cleaner than what i got with iso and salt and far less work

e: if you do this don't put your face over it or you will get ethanol into your body the wrong way

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Target Track Jacket posted:

This is super fuckin' rad and I'm going to try one out just on the novelty. Thanks!
i would buy one of these immediately but i refuse to anything new with micro-usb. i had a phone with usb-c during the obama administration. get your poo poo together, weedmen

i guess i could get this hideous thing

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

eddiewalker posted:

Isnt microusb like, way cheaper and less complicated than usb-c because there’s no handshaking or whatever?
it's far less durable, it's not reversible and has fewer power profiles. the reason places still use micro usb is it saves them ten cents per unit

anyway no one cares about that nerd poo poo, here's my frankenrig, all set up for me to take a budd dwyer with it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

my friend has a dispensary and he sells little bottles of agave nectar with 500mg thc added. thought "lol i'm gonna drink 420mg of thc" and had a weed hangover the next day. my tolerance seems to recover pretty quickly if i go a week or so without. different intake methods seem to have their own tolerances for me as well

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Had a hard time sleeping last night and when I did I got into the crazy dream phase of sobriety. As a triple whammy work from home just ended so I actually have to go in today, and we had a cold snap.
i had my first vaccine dose last night and have been skipping thc. it was harder to go to sleep last night without any bong rips, live resin, chocolate, joints, crumble, gummies, butter, blunts, nectar...

maybe i should see how long i can go without. having a friend who owns a dispensary is tough

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

thread made me realize i've never cleaned my grinder in the 5+ years i've owned it. 30 minutes in the jewelry cleaner and it's like new

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

part of my enjoyment is the ritual, kind of like a tea ceremony. i load the buds in the grinder the same way, turn it the same way, empty it into the intermediate vessel the same way, etc...
it's very relaxing. sometimes when i am anxious i will roll a joint and not even smoke it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i use one of the little plastic cylinders that weed comes in from some places. i'm not sure where from, but friends have brought them over and left them here over the years. you can bend them easily with your fingers to change the shape of the opening for pouring into/dispensing from. and if you grind up too much, you can just close it up and leave it in there for next time

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Earwicker posted:

as far as i know there is one(1) dispensary in california where you can smoke, its in SF and still called a dispensary, and the smoking area is called a "consumption lounge" which imo sounds more like a place for dying of tuberculosis than anything fun
i went to one in woodland hills called "weedland hills" and they had a smoking corner with ashtrays. i bought my stuff and the person asked me if i wanted a complimentary dab rip and she cleaned up the rig for me with alcohol, heated it and all i had to do was take a rip. i said "that was good, may i do another?" and she heated it up again and i took a huge rip, coughed my lungs out and had bloodshot eyes the rest of the day

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

jimmychoo posted:

this is one of the funniest things i’ve ever pictured, thank you
that same trip, i get to the hotel and first thing my cousin hands me a vape pen. "can i do this in here?" "yeah just don't make a huge cloud"
i start taking a rip and it's so smooth i can't tell if it's working. it hits me all at once and while i was able to keep my mouth closed, two colossal vape clouds streamed from my nostrils and disappointed looks streamed from the hotel staff

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Critical posted:

i got a cookies and cream bar that was labeled 60mg, which i thought was the whole bar. 3 sections of 6mg is almost 20, good starting point
the ones i see have the total amount on the package

each of these has 48 rectangles approximately 42mg each

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Zil posted:

So as a person living in a non legal state, I have to wonder, how good do these things taste? Or is it just something you stomach down?

Just so I know what to expect when I am finally able to start traveling again.
i'm also in a non-legal state :ssh:
they taste good enough, and i usually only eat half a rectangle

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

my friend's dispensary sells "swerve" brand gummies which taste really good and come in 10 and 30mg. they also don't have gelatin in them so my muslim friends can eat them

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

hbag posted:

i thought muslims couldn't have weed
he doesn't drink alcohol and is vigilant about not consuming pork, so i'm assuming he knows the rules

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

we'd

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

after work i'm going to try to weed it up in all the ways i have available to me. bong, gimmick freezer bong, dab bong, joint, blunt, pen, modded vape thing, edibles

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i still have over an hour left. i might have a piece of chocolate to celebrate with you east-coasters

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

it's the weed time here now. and i'm doing the weed. here. now

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i smoked last on thursday, and apparently my increased thc intake during the pandemic has done something to my brain. for the past 3 days i haven't gotten hungry at all and a few times completely forgot to eat until my stomach started hurting

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

You have discovered the strategy for weed-as-weight-loss (it will lead to an eating disorder, please treat yourself and eat whenever you want, especially if you're exercising)
i am a healthy weight, despite not having been to the gym for over a year. normally my body tells me when it's time to eat, that's what stopped happening. i wasn't a daily user until the pandemic, and never had this problem before. i'm also going to blame the extreme amounts i've been exposed to now that one of my good friends has a dispensary and regularly gives me ridiculous edibles. going to keep my break going for a week to see if my appetite comes back

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

thathonkey posted:

it takes about 3 days for my appetite to go back to normal and 5-7 before my sleep is back to normal
it's been a week and i still have to remind myself to eat. haven't had problems sleeping, but i always take melatonin before bed

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

But joints that size take 30~ minutes to smoke, so there's no choking down 30 of them in a day.
tom mullica could do it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i have a sonic jewelry cleaner i use for small stuff. pour in some alcohol, turn it on and walk away

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

drat, I just googled this--this works on bowls? Like even up in all the little nooks and crannies on the inside?
i originally got it to wash 3d prints but i also use it for bowls and slides and the titanium tip from my nectar collector. they come out looking like new unless it's been a while and they might need another go. if anything happens to it i will replace it right away

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Mowing the lawn high fuckin' owns, one of my favorite things
i am about to do this. just ripping from my vape pen right in the front yard while feeling smug about my electric mower

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

could just be lovely edibles too. the one my friend's dispo has feel a lot more powerful than others i've had. he has some "black hole" gummies that are 100mg each and one is more than enough. i had 3 one day and was nigh incapacitated. those chocolate bars i posted earlier are 1000mg in 48 pieces. two of them are ~80mg and that's pretty much perfect for me

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

sometimes i put a j in my urethra

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

it works better if you get it in there before lighting

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

I have to wonder if a dispensary, of all places, frowns on you being high at work.

If nobody can tell, it shouldn't be an issue right?
my friend owns and operates his own and is absolutely high at work, but doesn't ramp it up until after hours

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Gray market is clutch. It’s the only place I can cop 100mg gummies still
my buddy sells these

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

1. Some of y'all use jewelry cleaners to clean your glass and being that I hate cleaning my glass like everyone else, I want to know more about this / what recommendations do you have? It sounds like it'd make cleaning the glass bowl / stem for my bong a helluva lot easier.
get an "ultrasonic cleaner" and make sure the inside dimensions are big enough for what you want to clean. i guess also make sure the material won't be damaged by alcohol, but i don't think that should be an issue. i bought mine for washing 3d prints and it's stainless steel. put your dirty glass in there, add enough alcohol to cover it (or you can reuse dirty alcohol it doesn't seem to matter) turn it on and walk away for 30 minutes. when you come back, just rinse and dry it off. i was all set to buy a new grinder because mine got gritty, but after a wash in there it looks brand new

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

poverty goat posted:

I just use rubbing alcohol and kosher salt
i use this for my big glass but it still takes quite an effort and doesn't get it 100% clean unless you spend a really long time. one of my pipes has multiple chambers and the only way i've been able to get the middle chamber clean is to add enough salt to where that chamber is 100% full

other things i have tried:
  • upside-down in the dishwasher. needed to remove the top rack and plug the hole for the top rack sprayer. largely ineffective
  • inside a double boiler, or in a pressure cooker on the rack without the lid on. low-effort and once you have it set up you can walk away. ok for initial cleaning
  • vinegar and baking soda. fun, but does nothing
  • steam cleaner. maybe loosened things a little? difficult to control, wouldn't recommend
i want to try the oven thing but my glass is too tall for either of my ovens. are y'all laying them on their side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i haven't used that bong since i cleaned it because it was such a pain in the rear end. while i was cleaning it i considered buying a paint shaker to do the work for me

my others are much easier to clean. i neglected to mention that i've also tried acetone and several other cleaners (not mixing them of course) just to see if any of them work. seems like the main thing that works is the agitation from the salt. the easy-to-reach areas aren't really the problem, only the middle chambers. the difficult chamber has a plastic percolator in it so i don't want to put it in the oven

it doesn't matter that much now since i switched almost entirely to concentrates and use one of my bongs that's easier to clean