Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah the couple CBD vendors with good deals got their stock sold real fast. 42% off one place, $4.20 4g packs another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've been vaping some Lifter, but haven't noticed anything really. It's good to mix some in with some thc weed for some entourage effects, reportedly.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I like the glass stem I got for mine, no carb to fiddle with for bigs hits and cool vapor!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Dynavap has been on a weird run lately.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

We Know Catheters posted:

Cbd doesn't get you high 🙃

It gets you medium.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Go straight for the endgame and get a Mighty if money is no object (portable). The e-nano or ditanium for desktop vapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAvkXm-KBkA

this guy has not steered me wrong in vape buying.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Another goon posted the one PCKT makes. would probably get that one when I change to buying syringes.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
390F is a sweet spot for vaping, can do a whole session at it or ramp up from there to finish off a bowl.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

red19fire posted:

Who are the trustworthy vaporizer reviewers? I just want to know if the Boundless TERA is a good unit or not. 420vapezone says it’s overly hot at lower temps but still almost on par with the mighty, but I’m assuming it’s hotter because the vapor path is shorter. And it should be fine for running through my old college bong.

I like Troy from 420vapezone. He hasn’t steered me wrong so far. I think he recommends it more for vape bonging than regular usage.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

JAMOOOL posted:

just got a dry herb vape, what temp do y'all like to set yours at? I've been able to set mine at 375 and get a good buzz out of a half bowl. I can usually go at it again later at 400-415 and get a decent buzz, not quite as good as the first but definitely something. I'm not sure if that means I'm just not doing it quite right the first time.

375-395 is pretty much where you want to be.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

red19fire posted:

Is there any reason not to get a brilliant cut grinder? I have a Santa Cruz Shredder that’s great but the interchangeable filter pieces looks intriguing.

I don't see the point if you already have a SCS. Unless you really like the all magnetic style and easier grind motion the grind plate isn't really enough of a selling point since most people just stick with the medium plate anyways.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Never tried them but I hear those King Palm rolls are good and a nice blunt alternative.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5LC2-v5roE

:laffo: I've never rolled a joint and know that's awful.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I use puffitup for most of my vape needs.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
If you can find strains with THCV in them it acts as an appetite suppressant.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Hirayuki posted:

The most widely known one being Durban Poison, right?

Yes, there are some others too if you can find them. https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-thcv-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

The Walrus posted:

anything that isnt a lab test of a specific nugget is just an estimate. Also, I dont think 40÷ strains exist in the wild, I have definitepy never seen any. They top out at 26 percent in mu experience.

I've seen some strains in the PA MMJ dispensaries at 30-36%, but who knows how accurate the testing is.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Speaking of, Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson videos started popping up in my YouTube recs. Slowly turning into weedtube

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
No way, Chong.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

redreader posted:

Thanks for the replies. What are good flower vape brands / models?

https://youtu.be/jAvkXm-KBkA

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Wendigee posted:

that video is literally from 2018?

Not a whole lot changes when it comes to vapes.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

explosivo posted:

Hi weed thread, I need a new grinder after having the same one for like a decade. What's the current hotness for a good-but-not-ridiculously-expensive 4 piece grinder?

Santa Cruz Shredder or Brilliant Cut (3 piece). The wait time for the BCG sucks but it’s very much worth the wait and price.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Dynavap with the titanium tip set to the smallest bowl size is pretty great for micro-dosing. I don't even bother grinding, just pick off a teeny bit and smush it in there. Took 2 hits and was good.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Ordered a Storz & Bickel Mighty vaporizer tonight for my bday this week. Very excited, I've been using pretty much only my OG vapor genie for like five years

Nice. One of the best tips I saw was to take the screen out of the cooling unit and replace it with the finer mesh screen (they should give you some extras), it really cuts down on how gunked up it gets.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Epitope posted:

Weed defies comprehension. Science cannot untangle its secrets. The weed that can be spoken of is not the constant weed.

It’s true, they failed with synthetic weed.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
An ounce in the PA MMJ program would run about $500, and you would have to make multiple trips because you can only buy 3 of one flower. :(

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I like my brilliant cut because I don’t care about collecting kief

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
seedsman has a low odor category

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
African landrace strains are naturally high in THCV, which is an appetite suppressant :science:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Already used to that pricing in PA. $100 for mixed buds, $90 for untrimmed

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I use the ReLeaf app for that.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Earwicker posted:

i have never seen $65/.5g carts anywhere what the gently caress even is that

PA Medical :(

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
What if that weed is going to be presented to the pope, then you have to replace it with some Frankenstein weed.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

explosivo posted:

Friends, today I am an official card carrying weed smoker. :unsmith:

I've talked to friends about it and they're all just saying how they'll never do it because prices are so high at the dispensaries. I'm a big boy with a big boy job and a big boy salary now and am happy to pay a premium to never have to meet a drug dealer again. I also don't need to buy like a pound of weed at a time, picking up a half usually lasts me a month or so.

The big issue for flower here (medical only) is that most of the growers end up rushing the drying and curing. I've gotten a couple eighths that had no smell and were pretty hard, not even a humidity pack could fix it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Critical posted:

Anybody have any experience with a stempod/boxmod setup?

I picked both up a few months ago and was loving around with wattage mode but it seemed very spotty. I would combust more often than not and it was not heating everything evenly at all.

I got kanthal coils and switched them in to try temp control but had no idea how to work that and couldn't get vapor. I ended up switching the coils back and using it a couple more times but now it's on the shelf.

Should temp control mode operate like any other vape where I set a temp and go?My boomer rear end can't wrap my tiny brain around this thing.

I have one but no longer use it. The tip to even heating is to spin the mouthpiece while you’re heating. It’s not a very novice friendly vape (The RBT one would’ve been better)

Could also try asking for help on the modpodlabs subreddit if you want.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
hell yeah it is. welcome to the club. I still haven't cleaned mine and it still grinds smooooooooth

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I saw that this morning. They were my go-to.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah it takes some time, I didn't get mine til like 2-2 1/2 months after I ordered. It's worth the wait.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I bought a lego shovel for the express purpose of loading my Mighty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I got some Cheese Whiz (Skunk #1 x Afghani) and even mixing with CBD my anxiety went nuts. So I don’t know if it’s a strain thing, or a terpinolene one since it’s almost a 1% batch. I vape everything at 380 so maybe stepping it down some might help (this does have some thcv though so either way I won’t be getting any of that)