Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So there is a compassion club in the city I'm living (I live in Winnipeg Canada) in that sells medical marijuana cards. I'm pretty sure these aren't legit, but it's been operating for a few years and my buddy frequently goes there are buys $100+ worth of product and they've never been hassled by cops or shut down yet.

Anyone know what the deal is? Are the cards or business legit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

I'm assuming they telecall some doctor who gives you the card and they also operate the dispensary?

I thought there was medical weed in Canada... why are you pretty sure they aren't legit?

Health Canada says Compassion Clubs are not legal and the guy who gives you the card is not a doctor

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Get the weed paranoia that the 3 year olds are smarter than you and telepathic

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How do I smoke weed and not get intense paranoia

It's getting old having everyone listening in on my thoughts

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I do smoke it by myself.

The paranoid thoughts are that they can listen to my thoughts ALL THE TIME, it's just when high I "realize" that they can and are listening in all the time. They just don't say anything because it would freak me out obviously.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Earwicker posted:

Your thoughts are not like a linear sentence that can just be "read", they are a chaotic jumble of emotions and physical needs/experiences combined with fragments of memories all constantly churning around whatever it is you think you are consciously thinking about.

While all of this is indeed "audible" to other people, their own thoughts are louder and drown out yours and anyone else's. Even if someone managed to see through the cloud of their own mind and focused in on you for whatever reason, they'd still have to decipher all your noise.

And really the vast majority people are way too busy being just as afraid as you are of anyone else knowing what goes on inside their head, they aren't going to be worried about whats going on in yours.

What do you mean it's "audible" to other people?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

I really want to get baked while I row a kayak out into the ocean. This seems like a good idea, right?

Do you have any comedic sidekicks or mystical grandmas

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dreddout posted:

When you learn that household chores are fun while high...

That my friend is Nirvana

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, smoke weed, chop wood, carry water."

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

I get extremely high before I run everyday. After like five or six miles you start trancing pretty hard. By the time you hit like eight miles you feel like a god come to earth to spread your message of peace and joy to the masses.

this is me when I run high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1WJ6Ma3aiw

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tendai posted:

Not sure why voice to text is randomly capitalizing things as if I'm a Victorian letter writer. Whatever, I'm down.

Capitalizing Random words to give them more significance is a Sign of schizophrenia, I think your program might be schizophrenic

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Where can I get a vaporgenie in Canada/

Where in canada are you?

Lots of local head shops have them

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

IIRC it's way less potent than non-vaped weed

careful with this

I once made brownies using already vaped weed and used like 20 grams of it mixed in

I figure it was about 1g of weed per brownie

then this happened:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

its insufferable, just like the beer people who are too far up their own rear end to realize how insufferable they are

nobody gives a poo poo about ur weed or how unique u are for having it

I care friend

Some weed strains make me very anxious while others mellow me out, so it's helpful to know the difference when I buy

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Throw it into a brownie mix

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My vape has one button. Click it 5 times to turn it on. Click it twice to change the temp.

EASY

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Laserface posted:

Yeah what's with this poo poo. App control is dumb but this is dumber. It's like the manufacturer is like "we must have only ONE button for absolutely no reason and it has to control EVERYTHING"

What more do you need to control that you need more than one button?

On and off, and change the temp. What do you need more buttons for?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I have literally never been able to tell the difference between a "sativa high" and a "indica high" and anyone who claims they can is lying

There are literally chemical differences between the two lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Wow bad weed “trip” I guess? I had a brownie today and saw Bladerunner 2049 for the first time, and it was fascinating at that moment and shortly afterwards. I watched a bunch of philosophical YouTube videos that showed up on my feed, like about why the universe might exist and the rise of AI. I kept on thinking of survival of the fittest and how I am in existence at this current moment in time, but maybe how I’ll never have kids, and I won’t have any outstanding achievements that will have impact on other people, and if I do, do I really want to be a model for what persists in time, and how long will it echo on for that can be easily traced back to myself?

These kinds of thoughts kept racing through my head, like everything in existence has been a branch on a tree of survival over time. It just kept getting darker and darker and then all of the sudden I noticed it was 3am. 12 hours had passed and the last several were so quick. It’s one of the first times where weed felt like it was a good experience, then has completely turned sour. Checking up on Facebook revealed a bunch of posts about depression, and the increase of suicide. Strangely, I don’t feel that tired at all and it’s 4:30am. I always end up crawling into bed and sleeping easily after one of these, but not this time!

get really high and watch this:

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/70281117

it'll help you on your hero journey

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I just ran some errands taking a lyft, and when I got in I immediately said “This car reeks of weed”, and the dude looked all scared, and then I stuck my thumb up. Apparently he didn’t really give a poo poo about making money cause we smoked three and a half joints between us. I bought him a bottle of korbel brut cause we had been talking about cheap wine in the car. Am I typing this? Is this really happening? I’m pretty sure it is, because if it wasn’t I don’t think I would be paying such close attention to spelling and punctuation. All praise upon the Green God.

“Am I a man dreaming I’m a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming I’m a man?” -Bob Saget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqmrTI5AZw&t=83s

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How long can I keep ABV for?

I have some stuff from like a year of vaping

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

As a huge lightweight (3 hits from my vape and I'm good for a while) with flower, how ridiculous would going to butter or concentrates be?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My parents smoke weed and always tried to hide it from me and my brother when we were growing up and living with them. Once I learned what the smell was and why they kept going to the garage to "talk" suddenly the way they acted for my entire childhood made sense.

The best part was when my mom caught me smoking weed by the lingering smell in my room I just told her I didn't smell anything and she had to "believe" me or else she'd have to admit she smelled like it too. It was like the cold war the last few months of living with them.

They still try to hide it when I come visit which is hilarious to me now since it's pretty much legal in our country and IMO healthier than drinking.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Just buy your weed online

It's illegal to go through your mail and most MOMs worth their salt will vacuum seal your order so there is no smell

You etransfer the money and don't even need to use a VPN or TOR

It's incredibly easy to get in Canada

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

ferroque posted:

Turn those apples into edibles like pie or applesauce and I doubt you could tell the difference. Don't even get me started on apple tincture.

You can tell the difference

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Scientists will find that the high you get will be based on an individuals brain chemistry

Anecdotal evidence for me is I can have a high THC strain and I'll get lower paranoia and anxiety than a lower THC strain which is supposed to reduce anxiety. Sativa strains are supposed to give me less anxiety but it turns out Indica strains give me less anxiety.

This situation is reversed for a friend of mine when we compare notes.

I'm glad it's being legalized in Canada in October so people can actually figure out how different strains work on different people, without being blacklisted by the government.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Prey will gently caress you up if you are too high

Scary sounds all over the place, not to mention the twist at the start and end of the game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Weed in the UK is so weird. It's like I went back in time

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Crimson Harvest posted:

If I start grinding flower for a dry herb vaporizer am I gonna have poo poo all over my desk and a lingering weed smell from grinding?

Smell will be bad for a bit but just open a window and it'll go away in an hour or two

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Christ, I'm going to give you a review of the Arizer V Tower, and let it be known I hate it. I will sell it to you, but that's only if you're taking pity on me and not because you actually want to use it.

The Arizer V Tower is functionally useless. It's a tiny heater with no fan, no way to heat your bud effectively, with harsh bowls and no clouds. It is super duper expensive. Garbage. Made my wife cry. like she's just crying now because that was all there was left after we saved up for a "medical marijuana" use device to help me with my anxiety. It doesn't work, I prefer my crack pipe looking loving vapcap because it works. I literally have memo's on my phone and just like tons of timers. I measured, by gram my usage in both the vapcap and the arizer. I can tell you right now after like 12 days of testing that A.) The Arizer V Tower is probably the worst product sold by shady maple syrup salesmen B.) The Vapcap is made by dutch weed wizards and uses space magic to work like an actual product produced by knowledgeable people.

anyways, did I mention that my bathroom now looks like im constantly shedding foliage like a loving ent? just little brown pieces of poo poo everywhere from the glass pieces slipping slingshotting avb across my bathroom, and then I have to pick the avb off the bathroom floor like a goddamn crack addict because ir efuse to waste any of it.

The screens don't fit and are kind of lopsided.

The elbow joints don't fit into 14mm female spouts, and the tubing is slightly too small for some stems.

The edibles are fire because (YOU'RE NOT EXTRACTING ALL OF THE THC LIKE YOU COULD BE.)

anyways, this device made me want to kill myself but I thought it was that my mind was unravelling, but my medication literally wasn't being administered IDK how to tell my doctors. i'll sell it to you for 105$ so I can buy a Nonavong XLS https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/vong/nonavong-xls/dark-wood

idk if the ad part is an obvious joke or not, but while i am selling it, not to goons because that would be hella hosed

are you blowing or sucking

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I use a rolling machine to help me roll my ABV joints

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

In the state of the world as it currently is, more people should actually be sitting around and doing nothing. Would be better for the environment.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm about to watch My Dinner With Andre for the thousandth time.

I like watching philosophical movies while stoned.

Mindwalk is another good one. Waking Life is good if you like dreams. The Man From Earth.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Mr. Dick posted:

In the future all music sounds like Frank Zappa's Civilization Phase Three.

Also, smoke joints or push for legalization or get a better job or do anything else other than eating your vape waste products and posting about it. TIA

must use every part of the buffalo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Agrinja posted:

I'm not, I'm mixing 5 or maybe a few more grams with Greek yogurt. You can avoid a lot of the taste if you do it quickly.

I'm just going to stop though. The first time I ate it, I ate two grams on peanut butter and was perfectly happily bombed for like 7 hours. Never anything since. Now I barely feel anything if I eat like 7 grams of it in one go, except for the fact that it makes me super groggy the next day.

Get one of those betty crocker store bought brownie mixes and just mix it in that

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

We had our apartment put on the contract that they don't allow cannabis of any kind, even though it's legal here.

Still doesn't stop anyone.

Luckily there's a few people who smoke loud around us so they'll take the heat if they crack down

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

interwhat posted:

Weed makes my life a million times easier, cuts my drinking down to zero, at least during the week when I don't want to drink. I've taken to smartbud carts since they seem legit and not deathy, but I can take a 3 sec rip and be just right for the evening time, any more is too much.

The thing that I realize I have struggled with for like 15 years, is the initial onset of weed makes me feel very uncomfortable. While I know for a fact weed helps with my undiagnosed anxiety, and would otherwise eventually seek therapy and be prescribed pharms. It's just that initial comeup really sucks and always gives me a sinking feeling when I consider a toke. Any one have any insight?

I was doing quarter doses of edibles that I make myself throughout the work day, for a few weeks time, and it was amazinggggg. But short term memory went to poo poo and it was pretty expensive.

My take on it is that your mind is "comfortable" with being anxious but getting high takes you out of the comfort zone, which causes you anxiety funnily enough.

I get the same where I get hesitant to have any cannabis because I'm anxious but then once I have the right amount I feel 100% better and laugh at myself for being anxious.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

I dont know if I'm doing edibles right, I got a 6 pack of some sour cherry (50mg each, 300 total) gummy stuff, and it basically puts me to sleep. I mean a deep rumbling sleep, really fast.

Apparently the strength rating doesnt matter and it takes a lot of experimenting?? I need edibles that'll get me buzzed but let me stay up a bit.

I start with 5mg of edible and increase that every hour if it's not good enough

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The_dude_abides posted:

So edibles are legal in Canada and have started appearing on store shelves in most provinces. I'm curious about trying the gummies, cookies, and chocolates, but I'm not sure about them. I have a pretty low tolerance, and realized that a 75 mg half gram joint of moderate potency is enough for me to get high for at least 5-6 hours. They are selling the edibles in 10 mg packages of total THC. Does 10 mg of edibles= 10 mg of inhaled weed, or would it be more intense? Is there any standardized equivalent scale, or is it basically down to the individual and how their system processes the edible?

10mg is a good dose to start at, takes about an hour to kick in. 10mg of edibles does not equal 10mg of inhaled though, it gets absorbed differently and the high will also be slightly different.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I use a rolling machine and make 30+ joints very quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tipps posted:

The grind is too fine for the glass tubes of my Solo 2, so I'd just be inhaling a mouth full of weed dust. I haven't tried with a mesh though, admittedly.

I like this idea thank you.

Roll it up and smoke it