Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Weed Crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

my mom is pretty pro-weed these days but she still calls it 'dope'

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Agrinja posted:

This weed tastes the way gasoline smells.

My friend in high school used to describe certain smells or tastes as "industrial" and I always think of that with certain weird weeds.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Do not, my friends, become addicted to smelling gasoline. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5p7F0kRWU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

huh, I never realized you could use that stuff to fool a piss test. i've just been buying them for the novelty.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

I ran out of butter last night when I had some space oatmeal, and I had a smoke this afternoon, and I feel like I'm never going to be sober again.

It's forever and everyone knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSTrry_5Fo

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Serious Party Gods posted:

someone walked by my house as I was smoking and whooped "whooo".

This is how it’s done by a pro

https://i.imgur.com/wTlxq8v.mp4

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

sadus posted:

Please help settle a dispute so I don't have to spend two seconds Googling this

Holding in your hit for longer = you get more high, seems common sense no? but apparently "it's a myth, it's just lack of oxygen that makes you feel funny" ???

Yes, but the returns diminish very fast. Making up numbers here, but it's like if you immediately exhale it before it even expands in your lungs then you'll only absorb like 75% of the cannibinoids. But if you hold it in for like a second you'll absorb 95+% of the active cannibinoids. Holding it in for ten seconds is just going to give your lungs more smoke exposure. You do lose more oxygen, but you'll also absorb more smoke particles and other non-cannibinoids that might make you feel temporarily "higher" in the same way that smoking a cigarette does.

This is from memory, I am also too lazy to google. I vape exclusively now and there's no reason to hold in anything more than a few seconds unless you want to ghost your hits for stealth. Lungs are incredible at absorbing drugs.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

former glory posted:

The little ball of 10mg truffle was floating inside that plastic case like a ball of plutonium at Los Alamos.

An idea:

the Demon Core, except instead of deadly radiation it gets you high

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I 100% vape now, but I used to smoke in my apartment constantly with a bong. Don't smoke joints or blunts inside if you can help it, they are so much stinkier. I can occasionally smell cigarettes or joint smoke from other people in my apt hallway but I don't think using a pipe or bong spreads the same way.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Agrinja posted:

People get their blood hot over it but pizza is like weed in that it's inherently at least decent even when it is relatively bad. Talking about normalish pizzas though, no mayo corn monstrosities.

are you throwing shade at mestre da pizza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

tbf you have to be pretty cultured to appreciate art pizza like this

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

going back in time to share my dank chronic with some caveman shamans and blow their minds

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Video Nasty posted:

Is "live budder" what I think it is, or is it just a name for a concentrate that I shouldn't use to put in food?

Pretty sure it's just a type of live resin with a different consistency. I thought I did used to hear some people say "budder" for cannabutter though.

edit: yeah it's a concentrate like this

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah sometimes there's just too much weed and it seems like they've gotta get rid of it. There was some crazy deal I found a couple years ago that was like $150 for 4 ounces and it was just some decent outdoor weed. I think at the time I was mostly smoking all day every day so it was nice to just have huge sacks of weed of middling quality.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I like the side effects of weed that let me talk to dogs and ghosts.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I can play most video games pretty well when I'm high but it makes me sad that most of my musical competence goes out the window. I can play some stuff that I've done a million times before but if I try to practice anything new or just sort of jam and improv my fingers just go to poo poo. I don't think my high brain can keep up with any of that music theory stuff in real time and I'm not experienced enough to make it flow naturally.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/biboofficial/status/1337923449444990976

joop

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/qrisjames/status/1341210317716480000

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Thai stick is kind of both the specialty preparation and a strain, I guess more specifically “Thai” is the name of general strain(s) from Thailand but it was basically only available to the English-speaking world in stick form back then. I think a Thai stick is traditionally just a type of cigar but you’d find a lot of people using it as a nice portable chunk of buds to break down and put into whatever piece. Most of its reputation comes from the terrible supply chains and quality of weed at the time, so chances are if you got ahold of some Thai stick it was way higher quality than the dirt weed that made it through the southern border and probably the best strain you’d ever tried. The occasional added kief or oil just made it all the more potent and exotic to your 70s stoners who were used to bone dry outdoor stuff.

Guaranteed Thai stick was responsible for countless teens in the 70s going “its got red hairs, bro!!”

Ror fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 26, 2020

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

redreader posted:

So you just take weed on flights, and it's ok?

Depends on where you're flying out of mostly, a lot of legalized places straight up won't do anything more than make you leave it / throw it out and the chances of them even pulling it out of your bag in the first place is almost zero anyway. Even moreso with vapes, extracts, edibles, etc.

Inspector Hound posted:

Rough if you get caught that's for sure

This is definitely true but it's also insane how different things feel in legalized states vs. places where they fully crack down. The chances of federal agents or even actual cops being involved if you get caught with weed in Cali or the pacific NW, even in an airport, is very low. And once you're through security at your departure airport it's not too hard to lay low in the air or in your possibly more strict destination.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not anti-carts and I realize that lots of portable oil vapes or atomizers can be really fiddly/messy/PITA, but I just can't make the compromise for the price. I do appreciate the ease of throwing a pen in your pocket and being able to pull on it for days without maintenance but you can get some insane extract products at something like a $50 price point. Of course you have to have some sort of ability/privacy to carry around and reload dabs along with your device. And most of them need occasional cleaning.

But I also smoke too much weed so it's a lot easier to burn through cheap grams that I buy 5 at a time when I'm just chucking chunks of shatter into the vape. Either way it's pretty amazing to live in a place where I can do my thing and anyone who just wants to buy cartridges can do that and either one is still crazy high quality.

Hopefully 2021 is a good year for legalization across other parts of the country. :350:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Temps seem to be pretty important as well for vaping both oil and flower in terms of smell. Both will smell right away but it tends to be "fresher" and dissipate faster at lower temperatures. If you really roast your dab or your bowl you'll get that extra layer of funk that lingers more.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

Durban loving Poison

there is a Durban Poison Control Hotline you can call if you have any questions or concerns about being really loving baked

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

i avoid all math by always doing exactly one (1) weed

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I have been high all day every day for at least the past year, I have no idea how long it would take for me to piss clean. I'm not that fat at least.

But if I had to take a test I think I would have to get fake piss to have any confidence of passing without at least a month t-break.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

i keep meaning to take a t-break, but man do i like getting high. it would probably be good for my broken brain.

my name is thurgood and i'm here today because i'm addicted to marijuana. :420:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

might gently caress around and smoke a weed

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92bmlcmyq0

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Alright, I put Good Burger on next. I haven't watched this is decades

I had the hugest crush on the crazy girl they meet in the insane asylum when that movie came out, but it turns out it's Linda Cardellini so 10-year-old me just knew what was up I guess.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Rasta_Al posted:

I love weed

calling the cops

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

oops i missed page 420, i was getting high

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKfX-BXGr9M

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/STILLWATERSRU14/status/1388927265702957057

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

citation needed

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

That's a sweet setup. I switched from a water dab rig to a box mod + wax atomizer but it would be nice to have a quality desktop rig.

I also had no idea that there was legal weed in the UK, I assume it's medical? Wiki says that the UK is the world's largest exporter of legal weed which was quite surprising to me.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

you have a way with words because that is exactly how I pictured it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://x.com/SnoopDogg/status/1725196796618817785

:okpos:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010