Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You poor fuckers that don't live in legal states.

I highly discourage you all from looking up recreational dispensary prices in Denver. Seriously. You'll hate yourself if you do it. (DO IT)

You know what's really nice? Getting in and out of a dispensary without being saddled into a 45 minute "chill" session because weed dude is paranoid about high volume, short visit traffic. Or having to meet in a sketchy parking lot at 1am. Or uncured, damp weed that loses half its weight in a day after buying.

I loving love the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kelp Me! posted:

Denver is cool and all but man it sounds like you had some lovely dealers

Yes I did.

My last good connect dried up after I left. He was still really loving weird.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got a Spacecase off a friend around mid-2006 for $20. Ten years later, it's still here. Screen's pretty hosed though.

I'm pretty sure before that, I used scissors or ripped up by hand.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gorilla glue is spectacular.

I'm rolling a joint of it in a few minutes, because Cubs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I smoke about two grams a day. That's throughout the day though. Morning joint, afternoon joint, etc.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

thathonkey posted:

what is the point of that are there some people that exclusively buy wax

I work with a guy that only buys wax or shatter. I'd rather just go in to Denver, buy an ounce of flower, and have two weeks of weed than buy a gram of wax every other day or so. To each their own, I guess.

His tolerance is pretty much hosed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This white strawberry diesel poo poo is good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's the kind of mentality I take, even in this legal state. I'm not going to pay more for a name. I go to the rec store I like because it's a flat price for an eighth and a flat price for an ounce. They have tax figured in to a nice round number and if the budtender is smart about how they hand me my change, they mind wind up with a 5 spot in their tip jar.

Honestly, at some point, it's still weed whether I get Jet Fuel or Gorilla Glue or whatever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My anecdote for the percentage argument.

Only once have I bothered seeking out top shelf 28-29% weed. And sure, it's great, but it's just not worth it to me. I can go to a club I like and get 18-22% regularly, in a variety of strains if I gave a poo poo, for half the price or so. And prices are really scattershot depending on where you are, including the occasional local monopoly (and those fuckers have a real racket, prices right up there with illegal state black market).

I will just roll a joint like an old man anyhow. No point paying 2-4x the price to achieve the same effect.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jonny 290 posted:

the last zip we bought in AR before moving to CO cost roughly 2/3 of a month's rent and we had to drive 3 hours one way

it was a very apropos sendoff

My last bag before leaving the south was a drive to Memphis and back. Probably three hours each way from where I was staying. I ran out about three weeks before I was set to load up the car and drive west. Didn't matter, my guy had some hiccups and couldn't provide anyhow.

It sucked, but was a great tolerance break. Now that I'm in Colorado, it's literally a fourth the cost and however long in traffic. No more stress over risking a felony if my luck went to poo poo. I just get an ounce when I'm running low. And there's never a drought season! loving best thing, because it really loving sucked balls when you go to resupply and he either doesn't have any or the price jumps, because of a supply drought.

I love Colorado. For a lot more than the weed, but it's a great incentive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Anyone know if black friday specials are a thing at Denver dispensaries?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Picked up an ounce of Blue Daddy today.

Gets me high as expected.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

How do I clean my bong?

Baking soda and vinegar.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bf1 is great, stoned or not. And I think it's still around $40 on xbox live for the vanilla version.

Who's the bitch saying weed makes you lazy? Because I walk a lot, I smoke a lot, and my fat rear end is hovering around 200lbs (at 5'10"). I've been about that weight for 5 years. Know what got me fat before that? Drinking. And I'm talking standard goon size of 300lbs. Ever try to go hiking drunk? Ever try to do anything drunk that you can manage stoned?

There are very few things I don't trust myself doing while stoned as an infidel in the kingdom of Saud.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

nickhimself posted:

i want weed but have no real friends in irl life how can I get some of this cool stuff, gbs?

Go outside and look for stoners. Follow any skunky scents to their origin. Stand on the street corner with a sign saying "have money, need weed". Ask someone chronically unemployed. Ask a cigarette smoker, not a polished up in a suit guy smoker, more a skeezy look with a bad haircut. If all that fails, go to a headshop and browse, make small talk with other customers, ask off store property after you buy a cheap bowl or something (support your smoke shop). Get a job in a bar. Take a vacation to a legal state. Pound sand.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Holy poo poo there's weed deals for black friday.

I loving love this state.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pax - great for getting high if you still live with your parents.

Honestly, I would just buy a pack of papers and grab an ounce and a half in Denver with the $200-250 they want for those vaporizers. My apartment might smell like a skunk's rear end in a top hat, but at least I'd have more weed than expensive paperweights.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Do you live in a legal state? Because unless your lease says otherwise, light the gently caress up.

Illegal state? gently caress your neighbors, open a window.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BirryJoru posted:

It's decriminalized here and almost medically legal for the terminally ill but should I really open the window?

poo poo those are still poo poo laws.

Honestly, I've almost always smoked outside, whether apartment or house or unfortunately living with family. I take into account what's going on around me and generally try to keep from making it obvious, but otherwise just go about with my hitter and box and walk the dog or smoke at odd hours. Never was hassled about it while living in the South, but I wasn't taking bong hits on the street corner in a tiedye shirt. I never tried to hide the smell with more than a cloud of cigarette smoke. Now that I'm in a legal state, it doesn't matter.

You don't have to be paranoid about it. Maybe feel out your neighbors, do they seem like they'd give a poo poo? Or are they old, super-christian, or advertise their super-rampant anti-drug feelings? In most of those lovely cases, you can probably get by just fine smoking after they hit the sheets, so around 10pm. Just be cautious and you'll be fine.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Four day weekend ruined me.

Went home on lunch and smoked a joint since I didn't have time this morning. Did not live up to the normal morning joint. The evening joint is only slightly closer to par.

Sitting around playing battlefield for four day was pretty great baked though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A baker's dozen is 13. Where the hell did you hear it was 6?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sorry man, I was being stupid snippy that day. Probably hadn't smoked before I typed that.

It's the goddamn weekend and I've been baked since I got home. Is good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sitting in a fuf bag thing smoking a bong and about to fire up battlefield.

It's been a good day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There are a lot of bitchy people in the states when it comes to tobacco. The tobacco smoker rate is either at its lowest or near the bottom in the US.

It's largely bad form here because of that fact alone. So many people refuse to touch tobacco that it's gradually becoming taboo to be a smoker. Besides, weed is prevalent enough that rolling a joint of just weed is not, generally, an issue.

I'll probably die with a cigarette in one hand and a joint in the other.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hell Yeah posted:

weed shouldnt be sold in a store it should be exchanged hand to hand discreetly.

A hand can only hold so much variety, bro. I don't want to have to visit multiple hands, seems like a bit of jerking around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Why in the heck would I ever use this weird thing over a joint????

Fixed for me.

Hooray for legal shake ounces that are more potent than anything I ever got in Tennessee, and a whopping $1/g thanks to the medical card. I haven't looked at my bong since I last ran it through the dishwasher.

I still buy flower, but shake is cheap and cost effective. If my regular store has shake, I'll stock up on a couple of ounces. poo poo is just perfect joint weed when you want to smoke another after a bomb flower joint.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Like bottom bag or straight up leaf?

Bottom bag, little tiny buds, etc. The shop I go to sells shake as sativa, hybrid or indica, not individual strains, so it's variety hour in every bag.

I buy from the company I work for, so it's not like I don't know what I'm getting. Leaf is trim, that poo poo gets sent to a processor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bonzo posted:

joints are easier for me to smoke if I use natural rolling papers. Those Raw cones taste like cardboard and make me cough

I use Elements rolling papers. Box of 50 packs of 32 papers each is like, $20 on amazon. I like Raw crutches though, stiffer than Elements.

I've been smoking nonfilter cigarettes for 20+ years now, I never stop coughing, so joints are no bother.

On joint #3 today. Probably hit six today and find my torch to hit some dabs tonight. My tolerance is loving hilarious.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I use a 110mm roller double barrel roller, like the ones people bitch about rolling too tight or loose or whatever.

If you want it tighter, get your paper started, put light resistance on the back roller while pulling on the front, keeping pressure until you get to the gum, then you can ease off and roll like normal. Don't spin it until infinity either, 2-3 reasonable pulls on the front roller is plenty. Just turning it more will tighten it slightly more, usually twisting it so you wind up with a kinda curved looking joint.

I use those rollers because my hands are too loving shaky to do that poo poo right by hand without spilling weed everywhere. That's my excuse, at least.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Walrus posted:

I dont accuse of being a narc lightly but a rolling machine is a very strong indicating factor imo

I'm ex-military, and still display traits of it, but I work at a grow and am the farthest thing from a narc.

I have an annoying amount of nerve damage from my time in, but the shaky hands are all years of smoking cigarettes, dipping, and some anxiety for good measure.

Either way, a roller gives me easy joints. Don't need to have skills to appreciate that. What's your grudge with simplicity?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Clearly I wasn't high enough to watch that fly over my head.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well on my way.

Even growing weed has its' long days at work.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Still using the spacecase I bought 13 years ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bought mine off a friend that took the retail hit. Gave him $25 for it, best money I ever spent on paraphernalia.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm Blood blood flow stimulant.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
:honk:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Snapped up an ounce of girl scout cookie after work, because it's been a hot minute since I smoked GSC. Claims 21%, smells and looks like it hits that mark easily. Tasty stuff and I'm already getting another joint ready.

I'm too lazy to read back hundreds of pages, does anyone else here work at a legal grow?

Some of the girl scout cookies I bought today.

A happy little mushroom I found at work.

Yes I picked out the dead leaves, before anyone asks. Part of my job is hunting for dead leaves and pulling them before they draw bugs.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 5, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Agrinja posted:

I'm about to start growing some Blue Dream,bbit I can get seeds for GG#4 and it looks so tasty. I'm just worried about it being a complete knockdown.

Why not both?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hell Yeah posted:

if you're finding more than one seed in every eighth your weed sucks. if you are finding only one seed and usually you don't see them... plant it.

Solid logic.

Also be aware that lots of these newer strains are more susceptible to stress and going herm. I was seeing it frequently with wedding cake for a while, most recently it's been amnesia haze. Grown in rooms with a modest variety of other, more stable strains (gg4, pineapple express, cherry og, etc) that come out without seeds. Still trying to nail down a good pheno on those testy strains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Can anyone recommend a pH tester?

Not Bluelab.