Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

this is a weed thread. ummmmm heh ... i think you know what to do

(that's me irl while i was coming up with and posting this weed thread)

That shits mad believable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

i take life by the balls and bend it over and gently caress it every day all whilst stoned to the bone what say you to that you traitorous fuckman?

Crappy diem.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

TANSTAAFQ

Idgi :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

sometimes my jokes can be...........................................................................a little heady

Whoa. I still don't get what the thing means tho. :smith:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nawcom posted:

sup weed goons

me before every gibbis post:

Fully retarded. :captainpop:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the great deceiver posted:

what are the best weed songs??????????????????????????????????????????

i nominate eek-a-mouse: ganja smuggling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hDtk3RcQeQ

Eek-a-mouse rules.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got some crunchy toffee ice cream, just waitin for breakfast to settle. :munch:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

my dry herb gpen came today. it's pretty cool i guess... i like that you can just hit it on demand you dont have to wait for it to heat up. it does tend to just incinerate some of the weed in the chamber but most of it gets vaped. not bad for the price i gwess we'll see how long it lasts

Doesn't work if you don't inhale. :2bong:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mnemosyne posted:

For anyone interested in this kind of stuff, this Vice video is really interesting (most of the Weediquette series is good).
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/half-baked/56fae505be4ad699153772c4

They go over the weird piecemeal laws in DC and in Amsterdam. Apparently in DC you can give pot away but can't sell it.

And as mentioned before, there ability to go in and choose from 20+ strains is amazing.

Here in California all of the tax money will go to marijuana-related things. Some goes to medical marijuana research, some goes to studying the impact that legalization has, and in what I think is a smart move, $3 million each year will go to the Highway Patrol to be used for "developing protocols" for determining whether a driver is impaired due to marijuana. The rest of the money will be spent on youth drug education and treatment, and a ton will go to various non-profit groups that cover "job placement, mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, system navigation services, legal services to address barriers to reentry, and linkages to medical care for communities disproportionately affected by past federal and state drug policies."

What's nice is it didn't end up getting on the ballot as a heavily taxed schwag bar and gently caress everything else initiative. It's a 15 percent sales tax and medical users are exempt.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

i remember the first time i ever smoked weed. it was the summer of my junior year of hs and i was at a local music festival w my friends. we waited until it got dark then gathered at a random show that happened to be steve winwood. i remember him and thinking "Isnt weed supposed to make music sound good ??"

Oh man I'm so sorry jeez. :glomp:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny 290 posted:

medical patients often have equine level tolerances. You can buy a single candy bar with 500mg from my wife's shop.

Excluding traumatic injury that should alleviate almost any pain.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

wax was really big here for a while but nobody really gets it anymore unless by special request :shrug: it probably is healthier but i dunno by how much

That stuff is great, just melt it on a bowl and smoke all day.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Earwicker posted:

my dad is a hardcore ham radio dude and talks to all those weird dx people on little rocks out in the ocean at like 5am. he does not go on those excursions himself though. i got him some weed for his birthday a few months ago but i dont know if it has impaired his ham radio skills

Omg I love ham (I had no idea you could make a radio out of it). :hampants:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's like, it's like waking up on a crisp morning in the dewy grass, sun kissing your buttcheeks, you got a nice chubs on but it's not overly urgent, birdsong and babbling brooks painting the tapestry of your mind, flapjacks in the skillet. That's what it's like.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mariana Horchata posted:

im paralytic rn

Cool Audi wagon though.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mariana Horchata posted:

I'm sorry u burned urself i did that real good last summer on a hot exhaust pipe and getting singed by a nail is nothing in comparison 2 that shiet and what happened wasnt even that bad. burns suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTBjT-hzlc

Why don’t you just smoke regular weed out of a regular joint jeez. :rznv:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Harton posted:

I’ve tried CBD but never really noticed any benefits. I hear nothing but good stuff though, what should I be expecting with it? I know it doesn’t get you high but I didn’t feel any pain relief or anything like that.

Maybe because it’s stems and seeds.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

smoke flower

Yeah everything else is necromancy ffs. :witch:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zig zags are cool af, you can put like crazy tension on them 2 ways and they don’t rip. Not really the best for cones but like sometimes it’s cool when you can space out for a minute and come back to it and it’s still lit or whatever. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smoke that poo poo it’s good. :okpos:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

i notice a little difference in some weed being uplifting and some other weed being sedative, but it never correlates to something being 100% sativa/hybrid/100% indica. someone wrote a paper on this and there was no correlation between uplifting or sedative effects and sativa or indica genetics.

cannabis genetics, generally, are all over the place and the blue dream you buy at one shop is going to be different than the blue dream you get from a small grower. it's because of how seeds work. there is a plant that we think of as blue dream, and it exists in the form of clones, and all of those clones are the same. but if you buy a pack of seeds that says blue dream on it all of those plants that come from the seeds are not going to be the same as the real blue dream plant, although if the breeder is good a few of them may be similar. and it's the same with sour diesel, og kush, or most any strain you can think of. things are a lot more consistent the closer you are to california because there's nurseries out there that sell the actual plants you are looking for, so you don't have to buy seeds. even so there are many small time dealers that will just call whatever weed they happen to have by the name of the most popular strain at the time.

I’m not sure if measuring the caloric weight of thc is entirely accurate in terms of overall effect, because the plant matter acts as a balanced metabolic agent, and were really talking about the quality of the high. And we don’t really have a language for how the weed is. It’s also dependent on individual biology. Pure delta 9 wears off in about 15 minutes. So a caloric measure for 100% thc is a crappy measure because completely pure thc just wears off unless some of the resonant plant matter is left.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

raw papers, to me, make everything i smoke taste stronger, or other papers make it taste weaker, somehow. maybe they burn hotter somehow? i've smoked through a couple packs of elements and they do taste like rice to me but if that doesn't matter to you, yeah they roll great and taste a lot better than something like a zig-zag silver.

If you like elements “Smoking” papers (red script on black box) are p cool. They come in packs of like 150 papers or something like that, all separate, not that long roll crap. They’re thinner than elements but just as strong. Or just straight up cellulose papers are cool too. :rznv:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's not enough weed I could smoke to find impractical jokers appealing, so congrats on that.

I'm stocked up for at least the next week. Decent weed and some tasty wax.

I can’t imagine what kind of narrowband television pigeonhole you would have to squeak down to find the way those people speak to be normal. Like what are the gateway shows, America’s funniest home videos II, fargo, rikki tiki tavi, the Friday’s waitress training video.. :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Play posted:

love me some good purple weed. I've always known that it being purple doesn't mean it's good (some people used to think this) but I'm just as insistent that I don't loving care because purple weed is awesome and tastes good

Usually means cool to temperate climate and good quality of light (low amount of cloud cover)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mmmmmmmmm :mamacita:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I definitely heard that exact number, probably from a high times or something.

You’re supposed to vape with your rear end while you smoke a stoge I think. Like, the anxiety and humiliation is supposed to get you more stoned. :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 21, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Fast food joints selling eighths would be a license to print money.

Aw man kief fries and chicken nuggets with fried nuggets. :rznv: :jerky:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

ive also heard it called a hippie speedball ... whatever you want to call it, it rules

Hippies just call it getting out of the house. :rznv:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can only begin to wonder why this weed is so cheap.

If I had to guess, it's outdoor that got caught in the september snap snow, cut early, and now it's on the hairs' edge of its' testing expiration.

I'm no fool, I went to one of my regular haunts and bought good indoor grown weed. Can't say I wasn't tempted, maybe if it's still around next week, probably just as meh as shake for the same price.

Dude that’s like 12 year old weed you probably won’t get to smoke it again.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 31, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress yeah schwag. :haibrow:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Velvet Witch posted:

absolutely not how would you like it if someone blasted a fat rip off of your home huh?

Like a compressed shake log, that you can put in you’re fireplace? Sounds groovy. :rznv:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Laserface posted:

Settle an argument for me weed thread. Can drug dogs smell weed brownies or not?

If it matters I filter out the plant matter and just use the thc infused coconut oil to make the brownies. There is no taste or smell of weed.

Drug dogs are typically trained to bark at a persons scent to make a positive ID. They already know if you have weed from the scanners.

You can’t really train a drug dog to smell weed in general, just a specific kind of weed. So often police will push a certain kind of weed on a target before a bust so it appears as if this is a trained drug dog and not a person identifying dog.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 23, 2022

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Laserface posted:

I swear I read that it wasn't detectable.

I mean the dogs are trained to smell for specific smells. They can't possibly train them to smell for chocolate brownies and not hit a million false positives?

For reference my friend wants to take weed to a festival and are worried about a car search.

If it’s a kind of weed in their database then yeah a dog could definitely smell the weed oil in some brownies. But again they would have to be targeting you ahead of time and have the dog that knows that one type of weed.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

poverty goat posted:

Yall don't understand how dogs' noses work. They can smell the brownies, and the weed in them. You could train the dog to detect a certain brand of butter if you wanted to. The usual metaphor is, if you make soup, you smell soup. But your dog smells carrots, celery, onions, chicken, bay leaf, etc. Nobody has to trick a dog into alerting on you if it's properly trained to detect weed. If you smoke weed at home the dog can smell it on you. If you handled weed without washing your hands, the dog can smell it. If you ever smoked weed in your car, that's a free pass for any drug dog to greenlight a search any time without anyone having to trick the dog into alerting. And my guess is, most edibles smell enough like weed for the dog to notice. Maybe not some highly processed commercial stuff, like candy made from very clean concentrate, but probably every homemade brownie ever.

this is nonsense lmao. if you trained a dog exclusively on just one very specific strain maybe some dogs could get a little confused about it but that's as far as I'd entertain this. Not that there aren't badly trained dogs and corrupt cops prompting them to alert, but that's not at all the norm for how detection dogs work

Nah see you got it exactly backwards. If you train a dog on 2 types of weed it will get confused and not identify either one.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carth Dookie posted:

So yeah.

high purchase seems to be working out:

I have no idea how the lady turned my barely coherent weed-brained request into that, but I am TOTALLY INTO IT.

only sad news is that US shipping is a motherfucker so I'll be amazed if its in my hands in under a month.

Is this a sex thing/anti-sex thing? :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Junk posted:

i dunno about you guys but vaping weed oil fucks up my lungs way worse than smoking it

also i find whenever i take a break from vaping weed oil it takes me way longer to acclimate to sobriety and i get way more irritable vs when i quit smoking joints

So you’re getting addicted to something that’s not addictive. That’s loving class man. I’m gonna go have an Oreo withdrawal and get a warrant on nabisco lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

that g ova there posted:

If you were stoned you'd be writing your own continuum mechanics instead of trying to understand someone else's theories

I do not have the ambition for membrane mechanics but I bet you could make a cool bong with it. :2bong: