Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
In my experience mindset and environment are such a huge part of it. If you are dwelling on something negative when you start getting high in my experience it ends up just making things worse. I find making an effort to go in with a good mindset, having some quiet, repetitive music on in the background, and big mug of black (or herbal for bedtime) tea gives me the most consistently pleasant trips.

I find frequent shorter breaks of a day or two can help as well. I'm definitely an obsessive, and weed can sometimes exacerbate this tendency. If nothing else it can prevent me from going too far down a rabbit hole of negative thoughts without the chance to reassess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Let's bring back wizard vans in 2021

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
It doesn't "do" anything chemically obviously but my current favorite is a Topo Chico seltzer. The carbonation is already intense in those and weed feels like it enhances touch taste and hearing for me.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Unlucky7 posted:

I want to try weed after a lifetime of being a boring square.

However, while I do live in Southern California, the apartment I live in has a non-smoking policy,

With vaping, even vaping flower instead of oil, the smell just doesn't carry. Most of my coworkers vape and none of the closets smell like weed at all.

I've had a few varieties of flower that would have an odor to them but the smell clung to the piece and spent plant material not the room.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I think he's talking about damage deposits, not nuisance complaints. But yeah you can render a permanent smell indoors if you're persistent enough. I know a guy who quit smoking indoors awhile back but his bedroom in particular still reeks.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I use my Fury Edge dosing caps as my main method but mostly just to keep the device clean. I've heard it can be a pain if you let it get really gross.

The caps themselves you can just dunk in iso and then use qtips or whatever, works well.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I have a really thin metal ruler that I wrap in a Kleenex to avoid scratching up the Fury Edge caps, seems to work okay, I'm thinking about buying a couple pairs of cheap tweezers to glue pads to or something just to make it easier.

The S&B Mighty's dosing capsule is so much more of a pain, though. I haven't actually used it much because it's so hard to open even when it's completely clean. Fingernails are out of the question, so good luck not scratching it up if you aren't sober

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Think of it like a skillet over a butane stove, but for your weed

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Anyone have any advice on methods for preventing or managing the "panic high"? I've been getting it more lately and usually manifests in becoming super aware of my heartbeat and starting to freak out over whether it's abnormal or not. Might just be the strain of flower too, no legal here yet so of course I rarely have a good idea what I'm actually getting. I think I've seen switching between weed and CBD flower suggested so I'm thinking about trying that, but I was also under the impression that whatever it is the strip mall CBD stores are selling is junk

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I was having issues with my Dynavap and heating lower on the cap (away from the button part) definitely helped. I'm still using the 3 flame torch it came with which people say also contributes to uneven heating of the bowl, so use a single flame one if you have one.

I've just mostly settled into using the Fury Edge since you also don't have to worry about doing dumb poo poo like heating the mouthpiece because you're high and burning yourself

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Has anyone posted about weed yet? I have some of what I like to call "gentle sinus pressure sensation" weed. It came from the guy who doesn't sell weed, but will, you know, buy some of the weed for you, from this guy he knows, which is different from selling weed.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Nigmaetcetera posted:

God, iilluminaughty is loving boring, somebody suggest a less boring and funnier YouTube channel than iilluminaughty for me to watch. Please. With sugar on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boKihmOqypc
This was last weekend's high watch and I recommend it

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
buying only an eighth from the weed guy guarantees that it will be amazing and he will never ever have it again

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
That thing looks comfortable to actually wear, too

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
make a little indoor weed fort by attaching some old shower curtains to an open window or something

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
My weed guy has been doing the weed guy thing where they just won't respond to you directly but keep promising they're gonna get to you, so I read up a little and tried some of this thc-a stuff.

Trip report: it smells like weed and gets you stoned like weed. Whether it is actually just mislabeled weed or Rube Goldberg weed is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Faustian Bargain posted:

since i stopped a bit ago, dreams are returning and it sucks. that’s the best weed side effect!

Do a lot of people here hate dreams? Other people I've talked to IRL about weed express missing dreams almost universally irl but getting rid of them was a legit reason I started.