Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

man if all i had to do to buy legal weed was spend 3 hours driving on a Saturday i 'd be back home hitting the bong before noon time. you people in rec weed states got it made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my friend got busted for getting weed in the mail and now he has a felony on his record although he was getting like a pound at a time and did it for like 9 months before he was caught

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if you're sending them through your rear end....

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

last time i bought weed i had to meet some stranger in a huge apt. complex parking lot on the other side of town. So he texts me to say he's on his way there and " i hope you are too" so i get there and wait 20 minutes, then he gets there, takes my cash, and we wait another 15, then he gets the weed from another guy in a van and finally hands it off, all while people who live there are constantly coming and going. then he never responded to any more of my texts and i realized i am in my 30s now and i have a career and a good job and im too old to put up with this nonsense.

there are far more sketchy tales of buying just some humble weed but for me it just wasnt worth it. i'd drive a few hours to buy it legally though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they smashed up his house real good searching it and when he was in jail they searched his butthole

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

D8? Does the d stand for dracula?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

from what i've observed the price you pay for rec weed in CA is probably equivalent to the price i would pay for the same amount of an inferior product that has largely inconsistent quality with shake added at the bottom to fill it out

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

and then they always say this is "strawberry cough" or "ak-47" or "snoop dogg 420" and it's like shut the gently caress up, you could call this anything

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ive had so many different buds that were called sour diesel that im not even sure if what i grew myself once was the real thing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

is calling it "flower" some rec state thing or a california thing or what

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

sounds like marketing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in my hood we call it stinkweed, assplant, crotchstank, etc

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

I mean, it's the flowers of the plant

well yeah that should go without saying mr. weed smoking dog gentleman. why not call it fruit or ovary or poongrass?
why is anything anything? it's a cultural thing. it's fascinating.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i am behind in the times. i looked at that tcc serious weed thread and it's all amateur chemists performing science experiments and trying to freebase thc directly into their brains. i cant follow. i just like to smok eawad

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

flower seems less slang then the rest of the slang terms.

my favorite is in 50s or 60s movies when they call every drug "stuff" or "junk"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Earwicker posted:

ive said it itt before but before this decade is out we are going to have nostalgia based "retro" dispensaries where the menu is divided between kindbuds, mids, and schwag and you have to play mariokart with the budtender and listen to their band's new demo before you can leave

isnt that a mr show sketch

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

maybe some day i will go to the weed shop in north carolina and while we're at it get real fireworks like six inch artillery shells

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Target Track Jacket posted:

My dispensary does sell suppositories lol

post a trip report

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Zil posted:

So many questions.

and only one way to get the answers

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

blasting tool and shoving a weed pill up your rear end

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

isnt the only problem with marijuana and sleeping that it inhibits rem sleep? like that's why when reefer addicts quit they have vivid dreams.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

when you eat a cookie and tell your homey that this cookie they gave you is real good and they're like just make you don't eat more than half

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I remember the first weed I bought on my own in my 20s and even the shake I can buy for $80/oz is better than that. Ridiculous(ly awesome)

we used to get brick weed that was like a hard solid brick and the seeds would actually be flattened because it was so compressed, but we all bought QPs of it so we would always be smoking huge blunts or fat joints

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

fuctifino posted:

I made an electronically cooled bong.

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C 4.1C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

ok i dare you to smoke that at a bus stop

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Just be thankful you can go to a weed store and don't have to work with "dealer time" like some of us still have to :(

yeah you motherfuckers in legal states are going all reefer madness with all these dumbass weed names and crackhead devices bitching about how you can only buy one ounce a day. meanwhile some of us have to hope some weed guy we barely know shows up to the parking lot on time to sell us "kush" that is 1/4 shake

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Edibles are too hit or miss for me. Even with capsules that are the same strength from the same batch on an empty stomach I get huge variation in the effects from one day to the next. I have always liked smoking more.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

stop calling it "flower." it's motherfucking weed. dank nuts. chronic budz. the motherfucking stink bush. twat leaf. rear end grass. yeah i will get an oz of that stank cooter.

legal state weirdos.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i have never had a dab, but know of those that have. is it true that it makes you go crazy?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

poverty goat posted:

Here's hashbean, one of the first profitably internet weed personalities, using ridiculous tools and terminology to try to consume some honey oil in the dark ages of 2008 before "dabs" and "dab rigs"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQnN5IYIso

turning your kitchen into a weed lab chemis experement was the serious weed thing to do back then and by the way have you heard of this revolutionary item, the vaporgenie? go to vaporgenie.com

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i used to take the thing to bars and smoke it in the bathroom and thought it made me slick. telling all my friends about my wooden crack pipe.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i have an oldschool vaporizer box my friend gave to me and it needed like a quarter ounce to be loaded for it to work

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

anyone want to smoke some brick weed out of this cardboard toilet paper tube with a tinfoil bowl

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i was in my twenties and didn't have a pipe or anything and my friend forgot his and instead of just going to a gas station he was thrilled to do this

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

emSparkly posted:

I’m probably gonna give up booze for weed altogether. Being drunk is fun but a weed high feels better for general daily de-anxiety purposes.

I've always had a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of using weed to reduce anxiety. Any time I was anxious and smoked it just got worse. This is one of those things where the effect of weed seems to differ widely on some people.

I quit drinking and smoking weed about a year ago and while I don't miss booze at all, I do miss weed. My problem with weed was if I have it, I have no self control, I'm smoking it almost constantly. For some people smoking every day might not be a problem, but for me it was.

When I first went from getting high with a friend every weekend to getting my own stuff I thought, "Well now I have weed to share and maybe I'll smoke by myself on special occasions" but lol, nope, I immediately was smoking every day.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I read up on weed's effect on blood pressure and that also seems to have mixed results. Unfortunately, one thing I also discovered once I got my own blood pressure machine is that it makes mine go way up.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think weed contributed to me drinking a lot more heavily because I'd always start drinking when I smoked and that would take the edge off any paranoia or anxiety, although when I first started combining the two I would get absolutely wrecked - like "Going out in public right now seems loving impossible" wrecked - but, that didn't last very long!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hellblazer187 posted:

There's a dose response thing here. Yeah it can drive anxiety nuts but if you have juuuuust a little bit and then immediately distract yourself with something funny, it helps.

Whenever I feel my use is getting out of control I lock it away with a timer lock of some kind, or a regular padlock and I put the key in little plastic jar full of water then freeze it. I do use daily now but it's small doses and always after 6pm, almost always after 9pm. That works for me, ymmv!

Edit: I don't understand why anyone would ever have alcohol in a world where weed exists, it's the superior experience on every level.

Different drugs affect people differently depending on their brain chemistry. If you look at the different categories of drugs like benzos, opiates, stimulants, or psychedelics they affect your brain chemistry in different ways so some people might be drawn more to one or the other. Alcohol is a wildcard because it essentially does it all. Or at least that's my laymen's interpretation of a lecture I heard from an expert on addiction and brain chemistry.

So, no, weed is not superior experience on every level, it just is for certain people. Your true alcoholics, for instance, will go nuts when they drink and never want to stop to the point that they're putting sugar packets in hand sanitizer, whereas if they smoke weed they can take it or leave it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Weed is also mostly benign compared to other things that get you high, sure. I have mixed feelings on the idea that it's OK to be high all the time because of that whereas others don't see any problem with it, but to each their own.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

My drinking probably increased because my weed supply was irregular and I'd end up drinking way more when I ran out. The last time I bought weed it was from some sketchy guy a friend of mine knew. I had to meet him in the parking lot of an apartment complex across town.

So, what this guy did was drive almost an hour to get there, then some guy in a van showed and he got the the weed from him, then he came to my car and we made the exchange. I had to just sit in the parking lot for almost an hour. The guy texted me saying "This is a long trip for me so you better show up!" and here I am in my 30s doing this poo poo, so I said gently caress this and from then on I just smoked when I went down to Florida for a vacation or brought some back with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

maybe he drinks a gallon of weed oil every day