Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Do not suck in a vape and then hold in a lungful of smoke. That burns and irritates your lungs. You will get the exact same high if you mix in a ton of extra air into your lungs before you hold it. Literally, suck in a tiny 10% lung capacity hit of smoke, put the vape down, suck in 90% of clean air, and then hold it. You will have a much better life. You can repeat as many times as necessary and you will get just as stoned off of just as much weed but without any coughing or irritation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I bet this is good while high

https://candybox2.github.io/?slot=1

Treat it like an escape room

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBtlPT23PTM

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I wasn't sure if the vapes issues were deliberate industrial sabotage but now that a republican has gone and shuttered the whole industry in a state it makes one wonder

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
When did this get moved to GBS?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Bonzo posted:

https://tubitv.com/

Its free and where bad 90s move go to die

http://goontu.be/ is where it's at

You've got a couple goons, or several on weekend nights, to chat with. You don't need to click anything to start watching whatever's playing. Sometimes music, sometimes full movies, sometimes odd videos. Registration involves just making up a name. Add more videos from youtube/twitter/vimeo/twitch/etc. to subject everyone in the chat room to. They'll enter a queue and everyone will watch. There's a very slow GBS thread for Goontube and an internal forum on-site too.

Very chill place.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I bought this during the height of the tainted vape scare:

I still have other cartridges that are not empty, they last forever, and I could toss this one if there's any safety concern.

But I just paid like 50 bucks for it so that's terrible.

It came from a permanent dispensary location with a friendly staff in the wealthy part of Los Angeles. According to that documentary posted earlier, the tainted ones were all packed by the bootlegger shops downtown, not too far away, as part of an enormous active black market so I suppose in theory they could make their way to a legit shop in the same city if a supplier lies about the origin. But I can't think of a more mainstream shop outside of maybe Venice beach.

Paranoia unnecessary? Keep it or err on the safe side?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Is it possible that even my older carts (1-3 years) from various legal weed stores should be given an equal amount of trust as one from during the vape scare? Do we know that tainted vapes are a new phenomenon, or is it that they just went undetected until this year?

In other news, injury count is up to 2,000:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The wiki page on the outbreak was more informative than expected, and is kept up to date very well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_outbreak_of_lung_illness_linked_to_vaping_products

It's not totally clear but it seems this was a sudden outbreak in 2019 only, instead of people slowly catching on to a vitamin E dilution epidemic that has gone on for years, or anything. So I guess my old cartridges are fine. Especially having bought them in legal stores.

This newer one I bought, yeah it came from a legal store, but there's no guarantee the owner of this particular store won't be hit with scandal years later for having filled out some extra inventory space with nearby bootleg supplies. It's possible for legal stores to be safe in general but for one particular store still have a dirty business secret. It's possible. Still, the chances are probably lower than of me inhaling a stray atom of a carcinogen when I take a walk outside, especially considering this cart's brand name doesn't come up on the wiki where it lists the reported brands from injuries so far.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Anyone have any hacked-together system for storing vape cartridges upright so they don't get clogged? Or some common household item that could serve as a vape stand?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

interwhat posted:

My cart gets clogged even when it's upright. I just cook and suck until I get that POP. I think it's because I keep it in a cold rear end basement.

Oh also, my neighbor went through 12 smartbud carts in 2 weeks. That seems a little insane, but he doesn't believe in climate change sooooooo

Oh, for that don't suck, blow. When you heat up and find you have a clog, unscrew the vape from the battery, and blow on the wrong end of the cart to clear out the clog. You'll blow a little puff of smoke out going the wrong way. Re-assemble and the next pull will be super strong.

My carts last forever because I learned not to waste the smoke. Inhale smoke for a split second, put down the pen, inhale the remaining 90% of a lungfull with clean air. You still inhaled the same amount of smoke, but the clean air in your lungs will dilute it enough for you to not need to cough it out. Hold your breath for longer that way and don't waste anything. I keep piling up carts because I never use up any this way.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Tipps posted:

How do you impress girls without vape tricks???

poorly timed and mis-remembered Jack Handey quotes

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
RIP to a real one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906891&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post500774239

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
There's so many still open in Westwood, did they just pay off the police or what

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Hell Yeah posted:

everyone makes fun of places where people just take a poo poo anywhere but honestly i'm envious of their freedom.

Oh, did the mods tell you to keep your posting contained to certain threads from now on?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
WElp just broke a tolerance streak at midnight with a new high-CBD cartridge and ate a bunch of snacks as a result

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
THC/CBD makes your thinking less hierarchical. Instead of some single brain module dictatorially managing all the others, it becomes possible for other modules to win, bypassing the chain of command. When this happens it becomes a lot less hidden how those modules were always active at all times, but how their ideas often are usually thrown out before consideration. When they are allowed to contribute, the brain becomes a lot more like a parallel computer than a serial one, processes no longer blocked/stalled by each other so frequently. As an extra-parallelized computer, the brain can come up with ideas faster in total, creating more general opportunities for one thought to connect to others. Each module is also better enabled to contribute ideas that the "hierarchy" didn't expect to be good but actually turn out to be upon higher-level evaluations. The only downside is that you can get off task.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I took a huge hit halfway through reading this and it all came together suddenly

I was heavily under the influence of an edible when I wrote that the other day. It certainly could be better written, doesn't flow too well, because of the edible messing with my attention on forming sentences. But I think it's true stuff.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The problem is it's not a replicable/repeatable result. Every time I get that stoned I come up with a completely different model for how weed might be distorting modular processing in the brain, but the different versions clash hard.

There was another one about how it was all about process scheduling (between brain modules) getting its frequency screwed with, so that you could become aware of thoughts out of their usual order, which can lead to all the disturbing feelings of being in a time loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Well then don't judge me for what I like to do while stoned