Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Hello and welcome to Super SMASH Soldiers, a Mafia variant game!

The Basics
This game will consist of two separate twenty-player threads, for a total of forty players. Each thread will be a standard game of mafia. There are no third parties. There are two teams, a RED TEAM and a BLUE TEAM. The objective of the game is to kill the ruler of the opposing team's thread. In addition to normal mafia, each night phase will consist of a round of Smash between the two teams. There is a scum team in each thread that is aligned with the opposing team. Rulers should try to avoid putting scum in their brawl rosters, or bad things may happen!

Players will have a number of abilities that will be labeled as HOME or BRAWL abilities. HOME abilities can only be used when you are not involved in the brawl that night, and BRAWL abilities can only be used while involved in the brawl. Reading of the opposing thread is allowed and encouraged.

All standard Mafia rules are in play. Don't be a dick, please.

:siren: Lynches Community KOs are by MAJORITY, which means that a No-KO is possible! If one thread No-KOs, the other thread's ruler gets to pick one person from the thread to KO. :siren:

Rulers
Each thread will have a ruler in the form of either Master Hand or Crazy Hand. These rulers are mod confirmed town, and may not be targeted by the scum team for the night KO. In addition, the ruler of each team will know the scum team that is infiltrating the enemy army. This means Crazy Hand, the Red team ruler, will know who the Red team members are among Master Hand's Blue team. Rulers are also responsible for picking the stage of the next match, the combatants who enter each match, and a variety of other decisions that may or may not come into play as the matches progress. Rulers may not enter combat until they cannot field enough combatants, or they have an ability or stage that allows them to do so.

Brawling

Activity Flow
"DAY PHASE: Players may vote and use any HOME abilities that indicate they can be used during the day. By the end of the DAY phase, rulers must submit their brawl rosters to the mod. Brawling will consist of four members from each team. In addition, the loser of the previous brawl will choose the stage for the brawl. The DAY phase ends when both threads have performed a lynch Community KO or the deadline is up. The Community KO flips will be posted at the end of this phase.

PRELIMINARY PHASE: After each DAY, there will be a PRELIMINARY phase where the brawl rosters and stage are posted. The thread will remain open during this time. During the PRELIMINARY phase, only Preliminary phase abilities may be used. This phase will be relatively short.

BRAWL PHASE: Once this phase begins, teams are finalized and the BRAWL begins. The thread will be closed during this phase. During the BRAWL phase, players may use HOME or BRAWL abilities depending on whether they are in the brawl or not. All players using abilities must submit their ability and any applicable targets to the mod, who will then work with the other mod to finalize brawl results, damage, and death. Any player who does not submit an action will not act at all."

Damage & Health
In Smash Bros, damage is done in percentages(%). As they take damage, players are more likely to be KO'd by abilities that hit them. In addition, some abilities have modifiers that increase or reduce the likelihood of death. These modifiers, in order of strength, are: slightly, greatly, significantly, vastly. There are also abilities than cannot KO, as well as moves that are instant KOs.

All players start at 0% health, and gain % as they take damage. % can go up to 999%, and KOs are generally guaranteed around the 110% damage range. While it normally takes multiple combat instances to reach a high enough % to be KO'd, Smash is a wild game and death may also happen at low percentages. :siren: At no time are you allowed to use a number to detail your current % in the thread! :siren: You may use qualifier such as hurt, very hurt, healthy, etc. to describe your status to your team. Each thread gets ONE warning for this before bad things start happening!

Rulers cannot be instantly KO'd, and have set HP Values. When a ruler takes enough damage, they are killed instantly.

Stages
In the following post, the possible stages will be listed, with stages that are no longer available to be chosen removed from the list of stages, and new ones rotated in. Each stage will only be usable once. The ruler of the thread who lost the most members in the previous combat is allowed to choose the stage each night. If losses were equal, the decider is picked at random.
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Asiina
  3. Atomic Soda
  4. Birdstrike
  5. BottleKnight
  6. bowmore
  7. busb
  8. CapitalistPig
  9. CCKeane
  10. chaoslord
  11. Chic Trombone
  12. dongsbot 9000
  13. Dugong
  14. EccoRaven
  15. flerp
  16. GulagDolls
  17. iajanus
  18. imgay
  19. Infinitum
  20. Iron Chef Ramen
  21. JakeP
  22. JimsonTheBetrayer
  23. King Burgundy
  24. Li Dawny
  25. Little Mac
  26. Max
  27. Mayor Glowku
  28. Moatillata
  29. Murmur Twin
  30. PBS Newshour
  31. Pinterest Mom
  32. Retro Futurist
  33. Samfucius
  34. SirSamVimes
  35. Spiros
  36. tithin
  37. TMMadman
  38. Tommunist
  39. Tremendous Taste
  40. Truth Quark

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reserved

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reserved

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

First!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
second, and i would like to rule because i rule

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:allears:

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I got so excited to sign up I didn't read the op. I wanna be a ruler please.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I don't wanna play.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
in this to win this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm n64 ness

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
gently caress it, I'll play.

And I'll win.

I am very interested in being a ruler.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Signing up only if I can be Luigi

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You have the bat of legendary solider CCKeane (confirmed Ness)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
FALCON BOMB

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
hell yeah i'm in. dibz on zelda she's totes my main

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
dibs on jigglypuff

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not signing up at the moment, but I think the clear answer here is to make L'Dawn and AR the rulers. Like it's not even a question.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you want to be a ruler you should actually serious post about why you'd be a good ruler! It may will factor into our decision.

The ruler is, in a very big way, responsible for making their thread awesome and keeping things moving. Keep that in mind - a ruler can't be someone who's a lurky shitposter.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
http://s302.photobucket.com/user/walkseva/media/Falconlinkpunch.jpg.html

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I'm not signing up at the moment

This is a signup post, don't kid yourself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sigh.

Yeah, yeah it is. Don't make me a ruler, someone else should get to do that.

But I seriously think the newlyweds should be the rulers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You know, I could have sworn I retired, but nooooooooooooooooooooo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
here to destroy Votefinder Kashuno

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am happy to be an adviser though, that might be fun.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd be one of the most entertaining rulers you could imagine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dibs on the trainer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Make me and taste pit and dark pit

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

If you want to be a ruler you should actually serious post about why you'd be a good ruler! It may will factor into our decision.

The ruler is, in a very big way, responsible for making their thread awesome and keeping things moving. Keep that in mind - a ruler can't be someone who's a lurky shitposter.

I'd be an excellent ruler. First things first, now that I've quit my lovely retail job and I've back to only being a full-time student, I have a lot more time to devote to silly forums games. That means I'm going to be keeping up with posts. I'm going to be checking on the thread. I'm going to be clowning my subjects with the merriest of japes.

Second, I've been in the community for over a year now, and I've literally never gotten into a heated argument with anyone. I've had disagreements for sure, everyone has, and multiple people probably dislike me, but I don't mind anyone and I pretty much get along with all. If anyone's a shitbag, they'll get called out and shamed, but not without reason. I'll actually be pretty good at keeping things moving.

Finally, I'm not that good as scum, but I think I'm okay as town! I like social deduction, and being the charge-leader as the confirmed town of my thread will be a responsibility I take seriously. In other words, my faction would loving win.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I will play and just can't wait to be king. I promise it rename everything into the flavour of actual good things instead of Nintendo.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I would be a good ruler because I don't lurk, I love to win, and if you've ever been scum in a game with me, you know I'm all about being active in docs and cooperating.

Also you have the chance to end a marriage less than two months before it began, a chance you only get a few times in life.

That, and I'm a stay at home dad currently so I have nothing but time on my hands to bring us to victory.

My scum win ratio is pretty great too, I almost always win when I have a team on my side. Town, on the other hand...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hello, my name is Little Mac and I would like to be a hand because I am very handy. I can fix things and have very dexterous fingers. I can type 140 WPM and play the harp like an angel who fell to Earth specifically to play harp for you, right now. If made a Hand I promise to be very thoughtful in my choices and also to be really hilarious toward the other thread.

Thank you for your time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Absurd Revolver posted:

I would be a good ruler because I don't lurk, I love to win, and if you've ever been scum in a game with me, you know I'm all about being active in docs and cooperating.

Also you have the chance to end a marriage less than two months before it began, a chance you only get a few times in life.

That, and I'm a stay at home dad currently so I have nothing but time on my hands to bring us to victory.

My scum win ratio is pretty great too, I almost always win when I have a team on my side. Town, on the other hand...

This is not a good endorsement for you being the ruler

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Max posted:

This is not a good endorsement for you being the ruler

I'm just being honest, but considering that I'll have advisors(good or bad), I'll have some level of discourse with other players, and so far that's never lead me astray.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i fight for my friends

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

In.

(marth or link preferred Ty)
(or sheik)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

PBS Newshour posted:

i fight for my friends

FALCONNNNNN

hug

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We just about halfway, invite your friends

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think australians should be in the bad thread and good posters in the good thread.

birdstrike is both so he can choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kash if you make me ness I will post a picture of me playing dodgeball while dressed as ness.

• Locked thread