Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Me last week: Man, Adore looks strung out as gently caress.
Me this week: yep, strung out as gently caress.

Bet her departure had nothing to do with drag. Hope I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Tendai posted:

Finally watching the most recent episode and less than a third in, what the gently caress is going on with Adore? On something? Coming off something?
My bet's on coming off something. Might be coupled with other real-life poo poo, and probably is, but the second she showed up in the first ep I thought she'd acquired a monkey backpack of some kind. She looked awful and twitchy and glazed-eyed in a really distinctive way, also that meltdown just reeked of loadie rationalization -- thinking you can stay clean for something you really want to do, realizing it's not possible, hitting the wall, feeling anxious and weepy and desperate and grasping at anything to get out. This isn't based on any gossip I've heard, but I've seen a LOT of this sort of thing and that meltdown was textbook.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I don't understand why Big Freedia can't be on the show all the time.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

I think the more obvious was season 7. I think going into season 7, Ru fully intended on crowning Kennedy Davenport.
A little bird told me (the little bird in question has a lot of expensive blond wigs, a rrrrrreal mean mouth and a book coming out) that Ginger was Ru's pony to win season 7, but the plan got changed up in a hurry once it became clear that Ginger was going to come across as a hateful viper on Untucked. Kennedy might have been #2 for awhile but yeah, what you said.

I'm glad the production seems to have learned some lessons from the hosed-out catastrophe that was season 7.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Watrick posted:

I was on Phi Phi's IG, and people are loving crazy. Did he do something else, besides what's been talked about, to piss off the Drag Race hive mind? The reaction seems a bit unwarranted.
There's a subset of Drag Race fans, mostly very young ones, who've gotten used to the presence of clearcut Villains, and descending on the scapegoat du jour's social media like a battalion of flying monkeys has become a key part of their enjoyment of the show.

Phiphers didn't handle herself very well, but she hasn't been THAT bad and the reaction is pretty goddamn excessive. Someone needs to ground those little shits.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

C'mon, dude. She's an unpleasant, grating nitwit with no game whatsoever, but this time around she hasn't done enough actually bad poo poo to deserve the volume (amount and noise, both) of hatred she's getting. The comments on her IG are appalling.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Goodness Tati is beautiful. Also smart and wicked and great TV, of course, but man, she's just a joy to look at. I don't remember her being quite so surreally gorgeous on her season -- she grew up really well, unlike some people I could mention.

Flyinglemur posted:

I don't know if it's been covered here or not but apparently PhiPhi quit drag entirely now. For real this time.
Jesus CHRIST Phi Phi. (we've said that a lot at my house this season.)

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Troposphere posted:

I loved Katya's runway, it was so good
Katya's runway KILLED. That took balls like churchbells. “I am giving you 1980s lesbian literary agent, disinterested pissed off Ellen Barkin fantasy", and boy, she sure did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Welp, Alaska's Horcrux is apparently hidden in RuPaul's NDA

• Locked thread